Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: B.Y.--WHO??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 21, 2009, 06:46:22 PM

And just when you think this thread couldn't get any funnier...

I just hope this thread isn't deleted before the last game of the season.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 21, 2009, 07:30:43 PM

And just when you think this thread couldn't get any funnier...

I just hope this thread isn't deleted before the last game of the season.

I'd agree, I am not sure where anyone would get the idea FSU is better at QB, OL, defense and special teams.  I mean, to me it's not really close in those areas.  Hell, I am not even sure the RB's are more "seasoned."  Who on FSU has accomplished as much as Demps, Rainey, or even Moody prior to this year, or this year?

The only area I'd say that is close right now is WR, and that's being generous, especially if you count Hernandez in that group. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 21, 2009, 07:42:24 PM

Better QB, better WRs, better O line and special teams play.  Defense not as good, running backs not as fast, but more seasoned. 

this is a joke, right?  relieving the tension from all the Bucs bashing threads?  ha, i get it.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#18 : September 22, 2009, 03:38:02 PM

Someone is going to beat Florida this year. I also think someone beats Texas.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 22, 2009, 03:39:46 PM

Someone is going to beat Florida this year. I also think someone beats Texas.

I think 2 someone's beat Florida.  And Texas looks good at times, but not undefeated good.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 22, 2009, 04:52:50 PM

All around, FSU is a better team that UF. At least this year.

care to elaborate?

Better QB, better WRs, better O line and special teams play.  Defense not as good, running backs not as fast, but more seasoned. 

Better QB?  LOL...Tebow vs. Ponder, nuff said.  Better O-Line?  LOL, your turnstyles are still turnstyles.  Better ST's?  LOL, James is still the best in the business and UF blocks more kicks than pretty much anyone, not to mention the best punter in CFB.  Defense is undoubtedly an edge to UF, with 3 safties better than anyone on FSU, 2 lockdown corners, and one of the best DE in CFB in Dunlap and most underrated in Cunningham.  The only thing FSU MAY BE comparable at, is at WR.  By the end of November I suspect that will be different.  But right now, the only thing close is WR. 

Maybe kicker, UF's kickers are meh. The Law student is benched, the other guy looked a little better. FSU may have a better punter, he certainly is more experienced.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 22, 2009, 05:44:10 PM

care to elaborate?

Better QB, better WRs, better O line and special teams play. Defense not as good, running backs not as fast, but more seasoned.

Better QB? LOL...Tebow vs. Ponder, nuff said. Better O-Line? LOL, your turnstyles are still turnstyles. Better ST's? LOL, James is still the best in the business and UF blocks more kicks than pretty much anyone, not to mention the best punter in CFB. Defense is undoubtedly an edge to UF, with 3 safties better than anyone on FSU, 2 lockdown corners, and one of the best DE in CFB in Dunlap and most underrated in Cunningham. The only thing FSU MAY BE comparable at, is at WR. By the end of November I suspect that will be different. But right now, the only thing close is WR.

Maybe kicker, UF's kickers are meh. The Law student is benched, the other guy looked a little better. FSU may have a better punter, he certainly is more experienced.

FSU's kicker is garbage. 

LFO

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 22, 2009, 06:17:53 PM

care to elaborate?

Better QB?  LOL...Tebow vs. Ponder, nuff said.  Better O-Line?  LOL, your turnstyles are still turnstyles.  Better ST's?  LOL, James is still the best in the business and UF blocks more kicks than pretty much anyone, not to mention the best punter in CFB.  Defense is undoubtedly an edge to UF, with 3 safties better than anyone on FSU, 2 lockdown corners, and one of the best DE in CFB in Dunlap and most underrated in Cunningham.  The only thing FSU MAY BE comparable at, is at WR.  By the end of November I suspect that will be different.  But right now, the only thing close is WR. 

Most will say Chas Henry is one of the best if not the best Punter in the country.  Yes, you are right he doesn't get as many attempts.  But he rarely gets returned on as he gets such great hangtime and can lay them inside the 20 as good as anyone. 

At K, Sturgis has a cannon for a leg and Phillips was a Groza award finalist last year.  I'd take that over the freshman at FSU .

Baller

Rookie

#23 : September 26, 2009, 11:25:27 PM

Maybe FSU should beat USF,before you call them Good,,,,,Oh Wait my bad ::) ::)

That can't happen till 2012,if the noles don't try to get out of it before then.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 28, 2009, 11:27:35 AM

Yea, that was brutal.  Gotta give props to USF, that program is on solid footing.  They're the next Boise State.  But with the sheer level of physical talent on the Noles, a loss like that is inexcuseable.  It screams of bad coaching.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 28, 2009, 11:57:10 AM

LOL @ the Boise State comparison. Boise State is in freaking Idaho.  They have to coach those kids up great to get them to play like that.

USF is in Tampa.  We have elite level athletes all over the field.  Jason Pierre Paul was a 5 star recruit last year. George Selvie is a 2x All American and working on his 3rd. BJ Daniels was a 4 star recruit.  Etc, etc etc. Phil Steele ranked USF's Dline as one of the best in the nation pre season.

And it is showing. FSU has a terrific O-line and they just could not block them.  The Bulls D-line is 11 deep. They just keep rotating in blue chip talented players on the Dline and they stay fresh.  That defense has only allowed 27 points all season.

So please, drop the USF is Boise State comparison. That is completely ignorant.  Our team is loaded with Florida talent and loads of speed.  Just like FSU.  

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 28, 2009, 11:56:31 AM

But with the sheer level of physical talent on the Noles, a loss like that is inexcuseable.  It screams of bad coaching.

thats what UF fans have been saying for years...long live bobby bowden.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 28, 2009, 11:58:33 AM

But with the sheer level of physical talent on the Noles, a loss like that is inexcuseable. It screams of bad coaching.

thats what UF fans have been saying for years...long live bobby bowden.

They didn't show the game here, so excuse my not knowing, but was it Bowden or Fisher that messed this up?

When Fisher's running the show, the Noles line up in a lot of 4 wide spread the field, throw on every down (which doesn't work too well), but when Bobby's on the headset you see a lot more I and power running attack.  

What was the case Saturday?  (anyone?)

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 28, 2009, 11:59:54 AM

LOL @ the Boise State comparison. Boise State is in freaking Idaho.  They have to coach those kids up great to get them to play like that.

USF is in Tampa.  We have elite level athletes all over the field.  Jason Pierre Paul was a 5 star recruit last year. George Selvie is a 2x All American and working on his 3rd. BJ Daniels was a 4 star recruit.  Etc, etc etc. Phil Steele ranked USF's Dline as one of the best in the nation pre season.

And it is showing. FSU has a terrific O-line and they just could not block them.  The Bulls D-line is 11 deep. They just keep rotating in blue chip talented players on the Dline and they stay fresh.  That defense has only allowed 27 points all season.

So please, drop the USF is Boise State comparison. That is completely ignorant.  Our team is loaded with Florida talent and loads of speed.  Just like FSU. 

Dude, I know your boyfriend probably goes to USF, but chill.  The comparison was to the fact that USF is a better team than the nation gives them credit for, and just like Boise, no teams will want to schedule them.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 28, 2009, 12:01:47 PM

If you didn't see the game, then you cannot comment.  The Bulls Dline just dominated the game.  We were in FSU's backfield all game.

USF also has all those boys from Jacksonville and Miami at LB and in the secondary and they just kept hitting FSU in the mouth.  Look on youtube for a link to the John Lejiste hit he put on the FSU back that knock him out in the 1st quarter causing the 1st of 5 FSU fumbles (USF recovered 4).  USF's defense was just tougher that FSU.  

Selvie said it best in his post game comments. He said we just set the tone by hitting them in the mouth early and they weren't ready to fight.

Please watch the game, then comment.

Heck listen to Bobby Bowden's comments.  "I knew they were good, but I didn't know they were that good. I didn't think our Oline could be manhandled like that. I didn't think that was possible.  They just kicked our butt today."

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: B.Y.--WHO??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools