Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: B.Y.--WHO??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 28, 2009, 12:15:00 PM

i didnt get to see the game either, but it amazes me that ponder can have the stat line he did (coupled with his statline vs jsu) and the offense cannot put points on the board.

as for bowden wearing a headset, how far you going back?  i saw bobby blowing his nose with a hanky recently, but not with a headset on.  i did hear him quoted as saying the next day, "i need to find out why jermaine thomas (leading returning rusher) had only 1 carry for 15 yards."  isnt that something he should be figuring out during the game?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 28, 2009, 12:18:12 PM

i didnt get to see the game either, but it amazes me that ponder can have the stat line he did (coupled with his statline vs jsu) and the offense cannot put points on the board.

as for bowden wearing a headset, how far you going back? i saw bobby blowing his nose with a hanky recently, but not with a headset on. i did hear him quoted as saying the next day, "i need to find out why jermaine thomas (leading returning rusher) had only 1 carry for 15 yards." isnt that something he should be figuring out during the game?

Bowden will take over a game from Fisher when he thinks Fisher's effing things up.  It's pretty clear when it he takes over because that old school Bowden I comes out...

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 28, 2009, 01:08:39 PM

But with the sheer level of physical talent on the Noles, a loss like that is inexcuseable. It screams of bad coaching.

thats what UF fans have been saying for years...long live bobby bowden.

They didn't show the game here, so excuse my not knowing, but was it Bowden or Fisher that messed this up?

They don't have ESPNU in Dallas?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 03, 2009, 09:15:33 PM

All around, FSU is a better team that UF.  At least this year.

Better QB, better WRs, better O line and special teams play.  Defense not as good, running backs not as fast, but more seasoned. 

Some good stuff, here.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 05, 2009, 09:27:41 AM

Still stand by that.  FSU has waaaay too much talent to be losing like this.  The play calling is garbage and the coaching is clearly inept.  I saw kids out there making mistakes that you teach HS kids not to make.  It was brutal, and it starts at the top.  Bobby's gotta go.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 05, 2009, 09:37:09 AM

Bobby's gotta go.

looks like it's getting closer ....

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20091005/SPORTS/910050316&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 05, 2009, 03:07:33 PM

Still stand by that.  FSU has waaaay too much talent to be losing like this.  The play calling is garbage and the coaching is clearly inept.  I saw kids out there making mistakes that you teach HS kids not to make.  It was brutal, and it starts at the top.  Bobby's gotta go.

I could sub Bucs for FSU and Rah for Bobby, and that post would be just as accurate. If you are a FSU and a Bucs fan, this year really sucks.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 06, 2009, 10:57:15 AM

Still stand by that. FSU has waaaay too much talent to be losing like this. The play calling is garbage and the coaching is clearly inept. I saw kids out there making mistakes that you teach HS kids not to make. It was brutal, and it starts at the top. Bobby's gotta go.

I could sub Bucs for FSU and Rah for Bobby, and that post would be just as accurate. If you are a FSU and a Bucs fan, this year really sucks.

Sure nuff...

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 06, 2009, 06:05:10 PM

Im an FSU fan myself but come on Mojo....FSU beating Florida?! What the hell are you smoking...

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 07, 2009, 10:53:45 AM

Im an FSU fan myself but come on Mojo....FSU beating Florida?! What the hell are you smoking...

Florida last year, heck no.  But without the ability to go downfield (which seems to be FSU's biggest weakness on defense), Florida is a lot less scary than people want to believe.  They only look good due to a cake walk schedule.  Tebow has talent sure (as a Runner) but Demps is all speed, no brawn and there are no wideouts to speak of. 

If Fisher's smart, he'll call up that short  passing attack that led FSU up and down the field vs Miami. It will help neutralize  the pass rush and keep Tebow off the field.  All FSU has to do is make Florida play from behind, force Tebow to win with his arm, and they'll have that game.  Ponder is a solid passer, who can also escape the pocket and run.  He doesn't run as well as Tebow, but he does throw a lot better.  The edge at QB goes to FSU.  That's likely to be the difference in the ballgame.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 07, 2009, 11:14:41 AM

Tebow has talent sure (as a Runner) but Demps is all speed, no brawn

Another example that you don't have much of a clue.  Demps has plenty of brawn to go along with his speed.  Demps is as tough an inside runner as he is outside.  If you would have said Rainey, then you would have been much better off.

LOL @ Tebow only having talent as a runner.  He's no Christian Ponder, alright.

If Fisher's smart, he'll call up that short  passing attack that led FSU up and down the field vs Miami.   It will help neutralize  the pass rush and keep Tebow off the field. 

They tried that last year, and the year before.  How did that work out for FSU?

All FSU has to do is make Florida play from behind

Yeah, that's an easy task.  They couldn't get out in front of USF and BC, but they will have no problem getting out in front of Florida.

force Tebow to win with his arm, and they'll have that game.  Ponder is a solid passer, who can also escape the pocket and run.  He doesn't run as well as Tebow, but he does throw a lot better.  The edge at QB goes to FSU.  That's likely to be the difference in the ballgame.

You're hilarious.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 07, 2009, 01:47:10 PM

ill say this, ponder throws a lot more.  ill even say he throws a lot prettier.  but i still dont see how that makes him better.

fsu has the talent and the rivalry to compete with UF, but i dont see them winning.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 07, 2009, 02:32:31 PM

ill say this, ponder throws a lot more. ill even say he throws a lot prettier. but i still dont see how that makes him better.

fsu has the talent and the rivalry to compete with UF, but i dont see them winning.

He throws a better football and has a bigger arm.  Their stats are very close

Tim Tebow:

44 for 68, 643 yards, 64.7% completion 6 TD 1 INT

Christian Ponder:

121 for 181, 1423 yards, 66.9% completion percentage 4TD and 1 INT.

If their stats are just about even, but Ponder has the bigger arm and throws a better football, does that not make him a better QB? 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 07, 2009, 02:38:24 PM

He throws a better football and has a bigger arm.  Their stats are very close

Tim Tebow:

44 for 68, 643 yards, 64.7% completion 6 TD 1 INT

Christian Ponder:

121 for 181, 1423 yards, 66.9% completion percentage 4TD and 1 INT.

If their stats are just about even, but Ponder has the bigger arm and throws a better football, does that not make him a better QB? 

where do you get that ponder has the bigger arm?  i dont think tebows arm strength has ever been questioned, only his mechanics.  plus his ypa suggests that he gets the ball further down the field than ponder (9ypa vs 7)

tebow also throws a TD pass once ever 11 passes, vs once every 45 for ponder.  huge difference in being a QB imo.

yes, ponder is pretty and accurate.  and yes he throws a lot and accumulates yards.  but he isnt putting the ball in the endzone and he isnt winning.  thats what makes a QB.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 07, 2009, 03:11:56 PM

If Fisher's smart,

And there lies the problem.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: B.Y.--WHO??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools