Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is the kind of game we brought Trotter in for « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ilovebeer

Starter

: October 25, 2007, 01:56:43 AM

I think trotter will get a few snaps.  I just hope he does something.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 25, 2007, 12:57:58 AM

Trotter's game is so easily exposed,his age diminished game, OC would be licking their gleeful chops watching him run onto the field.......

Not with Quinn Gray at the helm.

They know they are going to run, we know they are going to run, my  six year old niece knows they are going to run.

Stick Trotter and Sims in there and dare Gray to beat us.
Jeesh.

Like Trotter is better right now than Barett Ruud is...

C'mon people...this obsession with Trotter has to end sometimes.  When Ruud gets hurt, then we can think Trotter should get a shot.  BUt he won;t, it will be Nece in there playing MLB.  Or Black. 

Ruud playing the MLB is fine, IMO.  He has been playig the run just fine, and if anything, he should play great if he understands that Gray is going to be handing it off a lot.

I stand by my thinking that Jacksonville is no pushover.  The BUcs are at home, but I could care less about that.  Jacksonville has MASSIVE tackles, and the middle is going to be swampy.  Their defense is good.  MJD is a Graham deluxe, and Taylor is a shadow of himself, but he can still run. 

Gray needs to be pressured, and that will win the game.  No pressure, and I think Jax has more than a better chance of beating the Bucs.  The Jags will be preparing the offense to fit Gray's abilities, or lack thereof.  If he has time, he will be doing things he is strong at, and it will impinge on the Bucs ability to stop them.  Cover 2 needs pass rush to be effective.  No pocket distress, and the defense suffers...  History has shown that...until it changes, until you can see a difference, I have to think this is a tougher than usual game.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 24, 2007, 04:51:35 PM

i'd activate sims too.
I would as well.

I mean given the nature of the pass rush, might as well add another body into the Coyer Rotation...

SOMETHING has to get done, I am very suprised the Bucs did not go after Q.MOses.

BucHawk

Second String

#3 : October 24, 2007, 03:54:12 PM

I think it's time we broke out the 3-4 and play Ruud and Trotter at the same time on non-nickel packages.  Especially w/ our D-line being thin and ineffective right now.  We simply have more talent at LB than DL, so may as well get your best 11 on the field.  Maybe when Chakura (sp?) comes back, it changes, but until then Monte HAS to try something different.

#4 : October 24, 2007, 05:41:53 PM

Trotter's game is so easily exposed,his age diminished game, OC would be licking their gleeful chops watching him run onto the field.......

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 24, 2007, 02:45:56 PM

I'd like to add Grady Jackson,

you'd like to see him do what, eat ho ho's on the sideline?

Please, Grady is GARBAGE. A 1-5 team desperate for players cut him, he's done.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 24, 2007, 01:45:30 PM

The future is now!!!  We're playing for a spot in the playoffs.  I agree that Ruud is our future, but I think  this is the ideal scenario for Trotter and Sims.  If their QB were not hurt, I'd say play Ruud, but in this situaton, Trotter gives us the much needed big body, in the middle.

thanson

Starter

#7 : October 24, 2007, 11:31:39 AM

Rudd is the future...let him play

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 24, 2007, 08:39:45 AM

YEAH MONTE BETTER COME UP WITH SOMETHING IF HE WONT RUN THE 3-4 SO TROTTER CAN PLAY THEN AT LEAST STICK HIM AT DE TO SEE IF HE CAN PRODUCE A PASS RUSH....USE HIM FOR SOMETHING OTHER THAN A MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER

caps lock stuck?

BigPeach

Practice Squad

#9 : October 24, 2007, 08:57:36 AM

Sorry Turbo did I offend you ?

BigPeach

Practice Squad

#10 : October 24, 2007, 07:20:58 AM

YEAH MONTE BETTER COME UP WITH SOMETHING IF HE WONT RUN THE 3-4 SO TROTTER CAN PLAY THEN AT LEAST STICK HIM AT DE TO SEE IF HE CAN PRODUCE A PASS RUSH....USE HIM FOR SOMETHING OTHER THAN A MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 24, 2007, 09:05:23 AM

BigPeach,

You didn't need to holler.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

BigPeach

Practice Squad

#12 : October 24, 2007, 09:30:44 AM

Oh ok my mistake didn't relize I was 

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 23, 2007, 09:55:53 PM

I'd like to add Grady Jackson, I believe Haye will get his @ss handed to him against the Jagz guards.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#14 : October 23, 2007, 09:42:26 PM

I would definately like to see the Bucs use Jeremiah Trotter this weekend on some run blitzes.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is the kind of game we brought Trotter in for « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools