Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You're all insane! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

stufftherun55

Starter

#15 : September 21, 2009, 09:38:14 PM

B.Schucher- This is typical of the fans in Tampa. I am glad I moved back to New York. Its a true fan base. I still love the bucs, but the fans are not really into the team. They like them when they are winning, but turn away once they are not winning. Most of the Yahoos on here are posers. I am sure there will be more Giant fans than Buc fans this week. I said it before and I will say it again. The Bucs fans are like choir boys compared to Jets and Giants fans. There is no home field advantage at RayJay. Only a bunch of fans looking to socialize and make noise when it is conveniant.

"We might make a lot of money but, we also spend a lot of money"- Patrick Ewing (The best ever)

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 21, 2009, 09:42:44 PM

Watching the press conference with Raheem today showed me a lot. �He made no excuses, identified the things that were wrong and called a spade a spade.

The staff KNOWS what they want their players to do. �We have and will experience growing pain. �

We have the same line, implemented a run heavy scheme, brought in a pocket-passer QB, kept a playmaking TE, added THE playmaking TE, brought in the top FA RB...and we can't score more TD's than our opponent....

We didn't blow this team up, we changed it to take advantage of the offensive line and added more weapons.

Now, if your stating that you don't think there's anything wrong with the talent but rather this negative feeling is because we had  added one of the top offensive coordinators in the league - one that had previously been a successful OC and successful college head coach - but fired him in exchange for our QB coach that had run the offensive powerhouses known as the Detroit Lions (before he was fired), and St Louis Rams (for a few games, and also before he was fired, again...)...I'm beginning to wonder that myself - there must be something causing such marginal performance from stellar athletes?

But I would still say to you "patience", you may just be seeing...rust....

Incomparable sig by Incognito

biffbeaumont

Starter

#17 : September 21, 2009, 09:46:50 PM

Amen brother....the problem, as I've typed all day to no avail, is not in the coaching, it's the players we have. Defense, in particular. This is a whole new animal and these guys just aren't getting it done. For crying out loud, Morris and Bates can't take the field folks. When you a have a pitiful D line and a questionable secondary, how the hell can you expect to win games? Fire this guy and fire that guy....jesus....give Raheem some time...the same time that was given to other coaches. Even Gruden had two losing seasons with subpar players ( Gradkowski anyone? ).....

#18 : September 21, 2009, 10:40:02 PM

I never called for Raheem's firing.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 21, 2009, 10:46:16 PM

I never called for Raheem's firing.

I did.  He's in over his head.   Time to move on and get someone in here who is a real HC.  The sooner the better.   This was a mistake.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 21, 2009, 10:55:08 PM

He's in over his head.   Time to move on and get someone in here who is a real HC.  The sooner the better.   This was a mistake.

if the season goes as you think it will, why not keep morris around?  we will have a higher draft pick and thus the Glazers will have to spend more money.  you win on both sides.  plus you get to keep starting threads and padding your post count with drivel.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 21, 2009, 10:58:42 PM

we will have a higher draft pick and thus the Glazers will have to spend more money.

Look for the Glazers to figure out a way to get around spending that kind of money.  Maybe trade the pick or draft a guy they know won't sign with them and will play baseball instead.  ;)

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 22, 2009, 12:20:52 AM

Amen brother....the problem, as I've typed all day to no avail, is not in the coaching, it's the players we have. Defense, in particular. This is a whole new animal and these guys just aren't getting it done. For crying out loud, Morris and Bates can't take the field folks. When you a have a pitiful D line and a questionable secondary, how the hell can you expect to win games? Fire this guy and fire that guy....jesus....give Raheem some time...the same time that was given to other coaches. Even Gruden had two losing seasons with subpar players ( Gradkowski anyone? ).....

OK, first they've already fired everyone, and since that didn't work - lets try looking at something different.

Perhaps - we needed phat Albert more than we needed another TE...?

That's still not making it better though, is it?

It's not the talent, it may be our offensive strategist scheming the oppositions defense - and it may be that we just haven't gotten "it" on offense yet? This team has fundamentally changed the offense and replaced every piece of it. Complete refit - had a dink & dunk offense, run by a mobile QB - now we have a drop back attack run by a NON-mobile guy. We used to have a single back attack, now we have multiple backs.

Here's a little something whacky too - the offensive line, is pretty much the same (except for injuries). We used to ask them to ALWAYS push the ball up-field - charge them, never give-up ground.

Now we're asking the same guys to finesse their opponent, we're asking athletic guys to adapt their style and philosophy and play to their strength - stretch the d-linemen out, and go for their knees (that's not an easy thing to do).

That part alone was going to take some time - especially since it's been revealed that due to the danger of injury...we could not practice the new blocking technique.

and for good measure, to complicate getting this whole Zone Scheme...we lose Faine for 4 weeks.

I figured it would take 4 weeks without accounting for Faine's injury...now well - we've been Mahan'd...

I don't trust the OC, I don't like how they fired Jagz, I don't like the fact that we gave-up on Atlanta & Green Bay's OC and Boston College's HC - so we could turn the play-calling over to the guy fired in Detroit and St Louis - before he was demoted back to a position coach...it smells funny.

But I have voiced that along with the provision that we may, MAY, just be seeing some rust in pulling off a pretty major transformation. When they ALL get it (and I include the OC), I'm hoping we see something great and new...

but I always thought that it would take about 4 weeks into the season before we figured out if Greg Olson knows what he's doing (ironically, that's more time than the current regime gave the first guy they picked for the job...).

Can we hold the sheer panic? We don't even know what we don't know.

If you're angry with the fact that they fired Gruden for this...well, I don't know where to put that...

...BUT if you can actually begin to name your concerns with THIS coaching staff, or talent - talk to me about that.

But DO NOT bring that weak excuse that it's the "defense fault" - back to December with you - WE ALL knew that would be the case. You brodcast to the world in December of 2008 that you cannot stop the run, then don't ADD anyone that could help shore up the largest hole on defense ever demonstrated - except to change the scheme...

...point is, we knew exactly how we could be gashed due to that "Custer-esque" gaffe - so they bet their paycheck on assembling talent to OUTSCORE the other side...

I'm waiting for the time we just go out and fight to win and continue to challenge down-field until we burn them or frustrate them...

Come, let us reason together...

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 22, 2009, 12:42:23 AM

I know these few things are insane....

No matter what we're doing now, in Preseason, we did better (closer games) with Jagz running things. That may not matter because it was PS, but we are just plain getting blown out in regular season. One blow out is an accident, two blowouts in a row... something is awefully wrong.

How can Rah expect an immoble lazer-armed ox without a braincell left do anything with this offense? It's chopping you're nose off to spite your face imo.

AB is having trouble in some way, shape, or form.. IDK if there are problems with him and Rah, but ONE game AB is in (doesn't do much, or is even looked at) and then the next he's just "out." Odd...

Caddy starts? I mean, I love the guy and all, but let's face it, it's been awhile since he's played, and he's just gotten over his injuries (talent or not). I Would've wanted to start him too though, but I think I would've placed him as cleanup duty until I was satified he could compete again.

Playing a 4th down in the 3rd qtr is just dumb. Those silly choices are what makes me want to jump off the Rah-ship.

An finally.. Why get rid of the beloved "Tampa-two?" Sure, we didn't have Kiffin, but we DID have DB. He knew that playbook inside and out, and Imo he sould have been our DC or atleast talent evaluator. If not, keep the system, because we weren't going to spend money and set up the team for the newer system either way. An if you're not going to set up the system with guys who can play in it, then you shouldn't change in the first place.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 22, 2009, 12:55:00 AM

We got back to the Tampa 2 more consistently this week.

Caddy had nearly 100 yards on 13 carries against Dallas - he was benched BEFORE anyone knew he was gone. They totaled 174 yards - so clearly it's not the running game.

You may have missed the yardage battle supported by some on this board - they use it to prove that the passing game has moved the ball. You can't argue that.

SO they run well, at times - and they pass well, at times...they just haven't consistently done those things at the same time. Lets hope play-calling creates positive completion % and moving the chains with the running game - to achieve more TD's than our opponent - that's when I'll know that we got "it".

On Lefty - I agree with you, when Faine gets back - let's get to the Freeman era already.

AB - no complaints, but maybe you've hit on something, I'm of the opinion a guy like AB is going to go off eventually. He won't do Keyshawn-like damage, but he may not prove to be dependable. Hope we're both wrong.

Time and patience are the two things we need to watch as we view these games - at least for two more games.

By then we'll know if the OC has what it takes to be successful in the NFL...

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 22, 2009, 01:14:17 AM

We havnt even hit the rebuilding phase yet. This is still the demolition phase.

And it certainly appears there is still a lot of tearing down to do yet before we can start rebuilding. The defense is in such shambles we might as well strip and gut it and start over. The scrubs we got now are back-ups at best.

RudeGuy

Starter

#26 : September 22, 2009, 01:17:55 AM

B.Schucher- This is typical of the fans in Tampa. I am glad I moved back to New York. Its a true fan base. I still love the bucs, but the fans are not really into the team. They like them when they are winning, but turn away once they are not winning. Most of the Yahoos on here are posers. I am sure there will be more Giant fans than Buc fans this week. I said it before and I will say it again. The Bucs fans are like choir boys compared to Jets and Giants fans. There is no home field advantage at RayJay. Only a bunch of fans looking to socialize and make noise when it is conveniant.

So let me see if I understand you here. You moved to NY because they support a team that you are not a fan of. It has to make one wonder why all those Giants fans, who live here in Tampa, are not still living in NY with the great fan base. Maybe you should have asked them before moving. You could have just hung out with them in Tampa. [banghead]

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 22, 2009, 01:18:29 AM

And it certainly appears there is still a lot of tearing down to do yet before we can start rebuilding. The defense is in such shambles we might as well strip and gut it and start over. The scrubs we got now are back-ups at best.

Other than Brooks being replaced by Hayes, how is this D any different from the one last year that started out 9-3?

BucsPromo

Starter

#28 : September 22, 2009, 01:21:40 AM

Other than Brooks being replaced by Hayes, how is this D any different from the one last year that started out 9-3?

Then collapsed because Gruden prefers not making the playoffs. Or losing in the first round if we do make it.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 22, 2009, 01:30:53 AM

You know, there's this kid out of Nebraska...PR did a report on him...he looks to be a PERFECT fit for this defense.

Wonder how many games we'd have to lose to get that guy?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You're all insane! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools