Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You're all insane! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 22, 2009, 01:31:30 AM

We havnt even hit the rebuilding phase yet. This is still the demolition phase.

And it certainly appears there is still a lot of tearing down to do yet before we can start rebuilding. The defense is in such shambles we might as well strip and gut it and start over. The scrubs we got now are back-ups at best.

Other than Brooks being replaced by Hayes, how is this D any different from the one last year that started out 9-3?

There was veteran leadership last year at all levels of the defense. The personnel is also suited for Kiffin's Tampa-2 and not the Bates system. The DL is not athletic enough. Most of the DBs are too small to challange the league's best receivers.

If you are going to put in a different system, then you need different personnel. This offseason we brought no one in. It wasnt till the 3rd round of the draft did we make an addition to the defense (other than Crowell who never worked out). We passed on several CBs in free agency for one reason or another.

All this talk about rebuilding and youth and how many of our draft picks are currently contributing? Stroughter and Miller? Correct? So we got a grand total of 1 draftee contributing to the defense? That's the only addition to this team? The rest of the additions are on offense (Winslow, Leftwich, Ward) which is why we are ranked #4. But the coaching staff and front office completely ignored the main reason we collapsed in the last 4 games last year. DEFENSE! It wasnt Gruden and Garcia's fault we lost Carolina, San Diego, or Oakland last year. The defense took a crap and they still havnt figured out what is wrong.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 22, 2009, 01:36:03 AM

Ever since PR did a magazine article on the Nebraska kid I've wondered if the Bucs are simply playing for the boy named...Suh....(I'm sorry, I have do that every other month, or so....).

Ndamekong Suh is a 6' 4" 302lbs DT/NT SENIOR of Nebraska - kinda makes me wonder...as in: how many a team would have to lose in order to slide up to get Suh?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

RudeGuy

Starter

#32 : September 22, 2009, 01:39:38 AM

We havnt even hit the rebuilding phase yet. This is still the demolition phase.

And it certainly appears there is still a lot of tearing down to do yet before we can start rebuilding. The defense is in such shambles we might as well strip and gut it and start over. The scrubs we got now are back-ups at best.

Other than Brooks being replaced by Hayes, how is this D any different from the one last year that started out 9-3?

There was veteran leadership last year at all levels of the defense. The personnel is also suited for Kiffin's Tampa-2 and not the Bates system. The DL is not athletic enough. Most of the DBs are too small to challange the league's best receivers.

If you are going to put in a different system, then you need different personnel. This offseason we brought no one in. It wasnt till the 3rd round of the draft did we make an addition to the defense (other than Crowell who never worked out). We passed on several CBs in free agency for one reason or another.

All this talk about rebuilding and youth and how many of our draft picks are currently contributing? Stroughter and Miller? Correct? So we got a grand total of 1 draftee contributing to the defense? That's the only addition to this team? The rest of the additions are on offense (Winslow, Leftwich, Ward) which is why we are ranked #4. But the coaching staff and front office completely ignored the main reason we collapsed in the last 4 games last year. DEFENSE! It wasnt Gruden and Garcia's fault we lost Carolina, San Diego, or Oakland last year. The defense took a crap and they still havnt figured out what is wrong.

It is not hard to figure out the problem with the defense is the D-line.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 22, 2009, 01:42:15 AM

Actually, it's the head coach.

RudeGuy

Starter

#34 : September 22, 2009, 01:46:45 AM

Java the D-line had issues last season.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 22, 2009, 10:37:57 AM

The tampa 2 needs to die.

It should be used sparingly not something to rely on.  I want to see the defense improve unlike the last two weeks relying on an old crutch.  I want to see a far more physical bump and run, blitzing D. 

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 22, 2009, 10:40:09 AM

Not until the last 4 games. Bucs were ranked in the top 5 against the run until the meltdown.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 22, 2009, 07:14:55 PM

Not until the last 4 games. Bucs were ranked in the top 5 against the run until the meltdown.

I thought the problem with the last 4 games was that Hovan was injured...he's back, yet we're seeing similar results?

The scheme was supposed to leverage the current talent to maximize it for best results...?

stufftherun55

Starter

#38 : September 22, 2009, 07:30:05 PM

B.Schucher- This is typical of the fans in Tampa. I am glad I moved back to New York. Its a true fan base. I still love the bucs, but the fans are not really into the team. They like them when they are winning, but turn away once they are not winning. Most of the Yahoos on here are posers. I am sure there will be more Giant fans than Buc fans this week. I said it before and I will say it again. The Bucs fans are like choir boys compared to Jets and Giants fans. There is no home field advantage at RayJay. Only a bunch of fans looking to socialize and make noise when it is conveniant.

So let me see if I understand you here. You moved to NY because they support a team that you are not a fan of. It has to make one wonder why all those Giants fans, who live here in Tampa, are not still living in NY with the great fan base. Maybe you should have asked them before moving. You could have just hung out with them in Tampa. [banghead]
I moved to New York for work.

"We might make a lot of money but, we also spend a lot of money"- Patrick Ewing (The best ever)

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#39 : September 22, 2009, 07:40:29 PM

we will have a higher draft pick and thus the Glazers will have to spend more money.

Look for the Glazers to figure out a way to get around spending that kind of money.  Maybe trade the pick or draft a guy they know won't sign with them and will play baseball instead.  ;)

Trading the pick would be the smartest thing to do.   I'd take 3 potential starters over one.   Oh and you can probably pay those 3 less then the one.    Would be nice to take a DE, DT and CB.   Gimme Moore, Miller, Wilkerson, and a DT to be drafted along with Geno, Ruud, Quincy.   Then Talib, Tanard, a CB to be drafted, and maybe a new safety or Flip.   That's a young defense with some talent to be developed.   Notice Gaines Adams is no where to be found.   Sabby would be used in a rotation.   Sims and Hovan rotated along with Gaines and Stylez if they are still on the roster.    If Jim Bates can't find a way to make that group stop teams then he can be shown the door next year.   I just can't believe people wanting him fired now.   The guy needs time to draft and develop the talent.  

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#40 : September 22, 2009, 07:40:44 PM

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 23, 2009, 11:26:17 AM

With Gruden gone we'll never win another game.  It's like the curse of the Babe...we're done.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 23, 2009, 01:07:19 PM

"The Curse of Chucky"

...and just to finish a thought - it's kind of ironic that we're wearing the throwback jersey's this year, officially tipping our hat to the 1976 Buccaneers.

That team went 0-14, and for good measure we picked an old NFC Central rival (even though we played in the AFC in 1976).

The ironic part is that we stand a very good chance of being 0-7 heading into that game....

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 23, 2009, 01:12:17 PM

"The Curse of Chucky"

...and just to finish a thought - it's kind of ironic that we're wearing the throwback jersey's this year, officially tipping our hat to the 1976 Buccaneers.

That team went 0-14, and for good measure we picked an old NFC Central rival (even though we played in the AFC in 1976).

The ironic part is that we stand a very good chance of being 0-7 heading into that game....

This idea has already been hammered to freakin death...

techstar25

Starter

#44 : September 23, 2009, 01:15:59 PM

Coaches get fired when the team clearly has talent but is underachieving. This team ... well let's put it this way, if Raheem put on shoulder pads he'd be one of our best players.
On the bright side, how many other teams can say that about their coach?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my blog "Reheemisms", a compilation of his best quotes.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You're all insane! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools