Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You're all insane! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#45 : September 23, 2009, 01:23:58 PM

Coaches get fired when the team clearly has talent but is underachieving. This team ... well let's put it this way, if Raheem put on shoulder pads he'd be one of our best players.
On the bright side, how many other teams can say that about their coach?

How many teams have a HC younger than their starting CB?   (Ronde DOB: 4/7/75, Raheem DOB 9/3/76!!)

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#46 : September 23, 2009, 01:35:20 PM

Coaches get fired when the team clearly has talent but is underachieving. This team ... well let's put it this way, if Raheem put on shoulder pads he'd be one of our best players.

And when team's lack talent, but still win 9 games...what then?

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#47 : September 23, 2009, 01:45:24 PM

That completely skirts around the fact he hadn't won a playoff game since the super bowl and instead of building towards the future was content to patch holes like it was a piece of drywall.    Last year's team had a weak schedule....broncos, chiefs, and lions?   seriously?   One of those games we lost and the other two had to come back from big time deficits.   That team was not talented and lucked out with some wins early on.   The real team was exposed down the stretch when it counted.   If the Head Coach had been able to win back the locker room support and find a way to sneak into the playoffs he'd still be here.....despite his poor record post super bowl and no plan for a youth movement at QB.    Those are the facts, bud.   

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#48 : September 23, 2009, 01:45:36 PM

Then you expect the next year to be bad regardless of who the coach is. Especially when 3 of those 9 wins came against Detroit, KC, and a QB-less Seattle.

I'll give Gruden credit for holding this team together for 12 games with nothing but duct tape and bailing wire. But when adversity struck, the team folded and the talent (or lack of) was exposed.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#49 : September 23, 2009, 01:47:57 PM

Then you expect the next year to be bad regardless of who the coach is. Especially when 3 of those 9 wins came against Detroit, KC, and a QB-less Seattle.

I'll give Gruden credit for holding this team together for 7 seasons with nothing but duct tape and bailing wire. But when adversity struck, the team folded and the talent (or lack of) was exposed.

Fixed it for you.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#50 : September 23, 2009, 01:55:44 PM

Wish you people could make up your minds.

Some said we were 9-7 and only needed a few tweaks and we should do better this year.

Others are saying we had lack of talent and that was clearly visible last December.

Just tryin to figure things out here!

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#51 : September 23, 2009, 02:29:48 PM

Wish you people could make up your minds.

Some said we were 9-7 and only needed a few tweaks and we should do better this year.

Others are saying we had lack of talent and that was clearly visible last December.

Just tryin to figure things out here!

WE'RE GONNA SCORE TOUCHDOWNS!!!!  YEAWWWW!!!!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#52 : September 23, 2009, 02:49:23 PM

I'll give Gruden credit for holding this team together for 7 seasons with nothing but duct tape and bailing wire. But when adversity struck, the team folded and the talent (or lack of) was exposed.

Fixed it for you.

I wouldn't call '04, or '06 "holding it together. And we did have talent in '02 and '03. Then goodbye Sapp/Lynch and the talent drain started.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#53 : September 23, 2009, 09:58:58 PM

Under Dungy, and later under Gruden the Bucs were a defensively focused team.

MOST of the resources were dedicated to maintaining defensive dominance.

Now, we have overnight become an offensively focused team. We brought in a new offensive scheme, new offensive talent, behind the SAME offensive line, running a Zone Blocking scheme...utilizing one of the best WR's we've had here (Antonio Bryant) and allegedly one of the better possession receivers in the game...

After extending Earnest Graham's contract the Bucs brought in the best available free agent running back, traded for the best TE (obviously, as he's now the highest paid TE), brought in a drop-back QB to aggressively throw the ball down-field in a vertical passing attack.

I am trying not to discuss or draw conclusions between the firing of Jagz our offensive coordinator (due to some hypothesized ineptitude and the inability to point the Bucs in the right offensive direction, AFTER the head coach admitted that he'd pointed the Bucs in the right direction...), while promoting the QB coach to call our plays - and I'm also trying not to draw comparisons between the current play of the Bucs under Olson - and the play of the Detroit Lions, and St Louis Rams...under Olson.

I don't know what the problem could be - it's definitely perplexing - it seems the Bucs have done everything right?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#54 : September 23, 2009, 10:44:40 PM

It was a weak nine games. The fall off was a product of Gruden's retread players and not enough to get by. Look at the elite teams in the NFL and tell me that last years bucs were even close to that. Build with the draft, use free agency for depth (maybe snag a high profile player). Most importantly....A QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something Gruden never accomplished. At least Raheem has a guy that MIGHT be a long term solution for us.   

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#55 : September 24, 2009, 01:22:23 AM

I think the Raheem and his QB can, I hope the OC can....

Incomparable sig by Incognito

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#56 : September 24, 2009, 09:49:29 AM

It was a weak nine games. The fall off was a product of Gruden's retread players and not enough to get by. Look at the elite teams in the NFL and tell me that last years bucs were even close to that. Build with the draft, use free agency for depth (maybe snag a high profile player). Most importantly....A QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something Gruden never accomplished. At least Raheem has a guy that MIGHT be a long term solution for us.

A weak nine games?? In the NFL?  Are you freakin kidding me?  Even with the upgrades on the offensive side of the ball, it's gonna be 7 wins more than Morris gets this year.  And probably 4 more than next year.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You're all insane! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools