Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bad news for Groethe, but maybe a chance to shine for BJ Daniels. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

: September 21, 2009, 09:58:37 PM

It was terrible news that Matt Grothe went down with a torn ACL and is out for the remainder of his senior year, but now let's see how BJ Daniels comes through for USF after being a highly sought after QB coming out of high school where he broke a few state records.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 21, 2009, 10:00:38 PM

I'm mad Grothe didn't have a chance to play against FSU...could have really been a fun game.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 21, 2009, 10:10:30 PM

Here's some YouTube footage of Daniels and he was supposedly a superstar in high school and looked really good on some of these plays!

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 22, 2009, 12:00:45 AM

Grothe or no Grothe USF is now gonna see what its like to play a real football team and stop playing those high school teams like West Virginia, Rutgers, Syracuse, etc.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 22, 2009, 01:16:41 AM

Grothe or no Grothe USF is now gonna see what its like to play a real football team and stop playing those high school teams like West Virginia, Rutgers, Syracuse, etc.

::)

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 22, 2009, 08:59:03 AM

You forgot Jax State...

www.Atlbucs.com

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 22, 2009, 10:48:22 AM

Talk to me when your piss ant school plays Miami and Florida EVERY year!!

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 22, 2009, 11:50:42 AM

talk to me when you beat Jax State by more than a few points late in the 4th quarter.

www.Atlbucs.com

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 22, 2009, 11:54:46 AM

talk to me when you beat Jax State by more than a few points late in the 4th quarter.

18th Ranked.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 22, 2009, 12:07:28 PM

18th Ranked.

Its still a little early for that.  I'm guessing you'll finish 8-4, which is probably optimistic for even an FSU fan. But hey, congrats. 

www.Atlbucs.com

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 22, 2009, 02:24:30 PM

Well, they've got Miami this year and the next 4 .... and they'd love to play Florida EVERY year... Is there a point to that retarded post?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 22, 2009, 05:01:10 PM

lol, I love that the big bad FSU fan cares what this little "piss ant" school is doing and who they're playing.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 23, 2009, 06:37:12 PM

To the guy who hijacked the thread about Grothe/Daniels to bash USF and their schedule.

They signed a 6 year deal with Miami (they are counting the 05 game in Miami as part of this contract) to play alternating home/away games with them Thanksgiving weekend every year for hte next 5 years.  The deal is expected to be renewed and become and annual game. They play FSU this year in Tally and in Tampa in 2014.  They play @ Gainesville next year and again in 2015 (I think that is the 2nd game in that contract).  So we may not play FSU and Miami "every year" but we play at least one for the foreseeable future and in most years 2 of the big 3 every year.

Sorry we don't play in such a tough conference against the likes of Duke, Wake Forest, Maryland, NC State, UNC, UVA, Boston College, etc.... Great basketball schedule you have there.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 23, 2009, 10:01:15 PM

I really wanted to see a Grothe led USF go against FSU.

Somewhat disappointing.

I guess the silver lining is USF fans get an early look at the future.  In the long run it may be better, Daniels will get some much needed experience headed into next year. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 23, 2009, 10:06:28 PM

Would you think it was good for Tebow to go down and Brantley get some experience for next year?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bad news for Groethe, but maybe a chance to shine for BJ Daniels. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools