Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bad news for Groethe, but maybe a chance to shine for BJ Daniels. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 23, 2009, 10:14:55 PM

I think USF will be a better team.  Grothe was too involved in the offense.  He didn't let the players play.  If he didn't do well, the team didn't.  All of their eggs were in one basket with Grothe at the helm.  Similar to Oregon a few years ago with Dixon.  Maybe now they can use the players properly. 

LFO

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 23, 2009, 10:15:08 PM

Would you think it was good for Tebow to go down and Brantley get some experience for next year?

I don't think that's a fair comparison.

Realistically, UF has a chance at a National and SEC title with Tebow.

Realistically, USF has no chance at a National title, and an outside shot at the BE title with Grothe.  

If UF were out of it this year, I wouldn't mind getting Brantley ready.  I wouldn't want to see Tebow injured, and I wasn't saying that about Grothe either.  I was just saying Daniels is the future, and now he gets some extra seasoning heading into what could be a make or break year next year.  

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 23, 2009, 10:20:25 PM

I think we're all in for a biiiig pleasant surprise with Daniels as the quarterback now.  ;D

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 23, 2009, 10:21:44 PM

USF has a shot at the Big East title even with BJ Daniels.  Grothe is/was still the senior leader of this team.  You never want to lose him to an injury like that and force a RS freshmen into service under those circumstances.   Next year really isn't anymore important than this year.   Obviously at this point you make the best of the situation, but I don't really see it as a silver lining.  At least not at this time.  I like Daniels though and think he has every chance to be better than Grothe.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 23, 2009, 10:23:17 PM

I think USF will be a better team. Grothe was too involved in the offense. He didn't let the players play. If he didn't do well, the team didn't. All of their eggs were in one basket with Grothe at the helm.

maybe, especially in the long run.   I don't know if it was Grothe or the OC and the playcalling.  I guess we're about to find out.  We need to exploit that FSU secondary this weekend.  Hopefully BJ can do that and the WRs can hold onto the football.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 23, 2009, 10:44:36 PM

USF has a shot at the Big East title even with BJ Daniels.  Grothe is/was still the senior leader of this team.  You never want to lose him to an injury like that and force a RS freshmen into service under those circumstances.   Next year really isn't anymore important than this year.   Obviously at this point you make the best of the situation, but I don't really see it as a silver lining.  At least not at this time.  I like Daniels though and think he has every chance to be better than Grothe.

Well, you are right.  That's basiclaly what I was saying.  USF still has a shot at the BE with Daniels.  As good as Grothe was, the BE doesn't have clear cut dominant team, so anything can happen.  I think regardless of QB, USF wasn't winning the NC.  USF still has a shot this year and greatly increases their shot next year with Daniels getting PT now. 

Today, if Tebow went down...it would be difficult for UF to win the SEC (even though I think Brantley will be great next year) and NC would be bye bye for sure. 

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 23, 2009, 10:48:59 PM

USF has a shot at the Big East title even with BJ Daniels.  

Not with how Cincinnati is playing.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 23, 2009, 11:16:16 PM

I definitely see a silver lining here, based on what i think "silver lining" means, which is a positive byproduct of a bad situation. Rather than just having one start against something called 'Stoneybrook' before heading to G'ville next year, BJ will have 10 or 11... including 2 against the other "Big 3". That will be huge, IMO ....

LFO

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 23, 2009, 11:20:30 PM

I definitely see a silver lining here, based on what i think "silver lining" means, which is a positive byproduct of a bad situation. Rather than just having one start against something called 'Stoneybrook' before heading to G'ville next year, BJ will have 10 or 11... including 2 against the other "Big 3". That will be huge, IMO ....

Completely agree.

I don't think chances of a BE title this year are greatly diminished, and next year he will have a leg up in a HUGE game for USF IMO, one Brantley likely won't have for UF as he'll be making what looks to be (barring kryptonite on Tebow) his 2nd start. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 23, 2009, 11:50:10 PM

USF has a shot at the Big East title even with BJ Daniels.  Grothe is/was still the senior leader of this team.  You never want to lose him to an injury like that and force a RS freshmen into service under those circumstances.   Next year really isn't anymore important than this year.   Obviously at this point you make the best of the situation, but I don't really see it as a silver lining.  At least not at this time.  I like Daniels though and think he has every chance to be better than Grothe.

I understand that , but I don't think next year is important at this time and could care less about UF.  Sorry I don't see "silver linings" before we even start the BE schedule.

I don't think USF fans were even thinking about a NC, it's winning the BE and of course beating teams like FSU and UM when you have a chance.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 24, 2009, 11:58:09 AM

USF has a shot at the Big East title even with BJ Daniels.  Grothe is/was still the senior leader of this team.  You never want to lose him to an injury like that and force a RS freshmen into service under those circumstances.   Next year really isn't anymore important than this year.   Obviously at this point you make the best of the situation, but I don't really see it as a silver lining.  At least not at this time.  I like Daniels though and think he has every chance to be better than Grothe.

I understand that , but I don't think next year is important at this time and could care less about UF.  Sorry I don't see "silver linings" before we even start the BE schedule.

If you understand that then you do see the "silver lining" aspect of the situation. It's not a matter of it being a "silver lining" this year or not but just in the overall scheme of things ...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 24, 2009, 12:28:09 PM

I'm curious to see what Daniels can do to FSU's secondary.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 24, 2009, 09:09:40 PM

If you understand that then you do see the "silver lining" aspect of the situation. It's not a matter of it being a "silver lining" this year or not but just in the overall scheme of things ...

Just looked again ... sorry don't see it right now

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 24, 2009, 09:22:11 PM

Here, look thru these ....

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#29 : September 24, 2009, 11:34:21 PM

Here, look thru these ....

lol, that's good ..... maybe I'll see it at the end of the season or who knows maybe around 4:00 PM Saturday ....  ;)
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bad news for Groethe, but maybe a chance to shine for BJ Daniels. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools