Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bad news for Groethe, but maybe a chance to shine for BJ Daniels. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 26, 2009, 01:58:00 PM

If I squint a little I'm starting to see some silver

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#31 : September 26, 2009, 02:01:38 PM

nevermind

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 26, 2009, 03:34:45 PM

BJ Daniels showed today that he is FULL of potential and is probably on his way to a great career at USF!!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 26, 2009, 03:49:22 PM

BJ Daniels showed today that he is FULL of potential and is probably on his way to a great career at USF!!

WE knew that BEFORE the game today.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 26, 2009, 06:13:38 PM

BJ showed that he needs work.

Yes, he ran well and made some good plays throwing as well.  But 8-21 is BAD.  Especially against the porous D that is FSU.

Now, I am not knocking BJ.  He did have some great plays.  I think he is going to be good.  But he is young and this is what I expected.  And this is the "silver lining" I was referring to before.  They can still do everything this year they could have with Grothe. And now, BJ is going to get a lot of seasoning now for next year, when the biggest game in USF's history will happen against UF.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 26, 2009, 06:46:24 PM

Not everybody has god playing QB.  BJ is a red Fresh and plyed like one.  He showed what he has in the tank.  Now all he has to do is put it on the field for 4 quarters.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 26, 2009, 06:53:42 PM

Not everybody has god playing QB.  BJ is a red Fresh and plyed like one.  He showed what he has in the tank.  Now all he has to do is put it on the field for 4 quarters.

What the hell is up with your comments?

Nobody knocked BJ, I just gave an honest evaluation, outlining teh good and bad and even said it was to be expected. 

Calm down man and enjoy the win.  I'd say act like you've been there before but I guess you haven't. 

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 26, 2009, 07:06:29 PM

Last Say Ray makes friends all over.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 26, 2009, 07:07:10 PM

Sorry, maybe the beer and the win has my mind looking at things wrong.  I surely respect your program and what you have done.  I guess I get sick of hearing about how great Tebow is all over the TV.  Would probably be 100% different if they were talking about USF's QB this way.  Tebow is a great college QB, I just can not stand how they "stroke" him on TV every week.  

Understandable?  No hard feelings and sorry for sounding like an a$$.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 26, 2009, 07:10:01 PM

Last Say Ray makes friends all over.

It's always wonderful when you chime in with your intelligent thoughts.

Why don't you just sit this out, and let people who actually want to discuss football talk. 

You might be the biggest troll on this board. 

LFO

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 26, 2009, 07:12:49 PM

Sorry, maybe the beer and the win has my mind looking at things wrong.  I surely respect your program and what you have done.  I guess I get sick of hearing about how great Tebow is all over the TV.  Would probably be 100% different if they were talking about USF's QB this way.  Tebow is a great college QB, I just can not stand how they "stroke" him on TV every week.  

Understandable?  No hard feelings and sorry for sounding like an a$$.

I don't really care for all the Tebow talk either.  Bit it's not really his fault.  He's a likable guy and the media eats those types up. 

I just didn't see the reason for you bringing him up here.  I wasn't bashing Daniels, in fact if you look earlier I was talking about how he impressed me.  All I said was, as expected, he's young and is going to have great plays and then some that make you scratch your head.  All young players go through that.  BJ looks like he is going to be very good.  USF should have an edge there next year when they play UF, as BJ will have almost a full season of growing pains and learning, while Brantley likely will be just starting. 

Should be fun to watch.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 26, 2009, 07:19:09 PM

I agree. Can not wait to play you guys.  As much as I have been turned off of Tebow, I am glad we are playing UF when he is gone.  ;)

LFO

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 26, 2009, 07:21:43 PM

I agree. Can not wait to play you guys.  As much as I have been turned off of Tebow, I am glad we are playing UF when he is gone.  ;)

Brantley is going to be a different animal....I think he is going to be very good.  That being said, the offense will look much different.  Less QB designed runs, more down field passing.  More I-Formation, less option. 

There will be some dropoff obviously, but I think more so in leadership than anything else.  Honestly I am more concerned with 3/4 of the defense being gone than the QB switch. 

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 26, 2009, 07:24:29 PM

I am sure Myer will be able to work out the QB situation as well.  The D at USF is good.  I like out chances.  Maybe a gig beat next season?  Gators win I use a Gator sig for the year.  Bulls win you use my sig for the year?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 26, 2009, 07:43:49 PM

Ok.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bad news for Groethe, but maybe a chance to shine for BJ Daniels. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools