Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Carlos Dunlap v Eric Berry « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

: September 21, 2009, 10:05:03 PM

Who would you take both are freaks both in areas of dire need.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler

#1 : September 21, 2009, 10:06:05 PM

Berry, hands down.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 21, 2009, 10:09:32 PM

dunlap. Our d-line is our achillies heel.

ALong13

Pro Bowler
#3 : September 21, 2009, 10:15:57 PM

Berry, I've wanted him since last year and I really want him now....pick up a DE in the 2nd round of via FA...

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 21, 2009, 10:17:32 PM

Berry would help us more.
But I am on the Dez Bryant Bandwagon.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

SonnyCrockett

Starter

#5 : September 21, 2009, 10:20:15 PM

Honestly, these two are 1a and 1b on top of my list, and I'd be happy with either of them.

Berry -- IMO, a lower risk pick, about as close to a lock to be a multiple Pro Bowler as possible

Dunlap -- Slightly higher risk (but not much) as far as bust potential, but huge upside as well and position of greater need

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#6 : September 21, 2009, 10:20:28 PM

Tough call because Dunlap is more of a need, but Berry is the safer pick and a guy barring injury who looks destined for several pro-bowls at a position very hard to find great players at. DE is very deep with some good ones that will still be there in the 2nd, and there should be a couple in Free Agency. Suh or Berry would be a tougher decision. I'm beginning to lean towards Suh if we're bad enough to have that option.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 21, 2009, 10:23:52 PM

Berry is a special prospect; but i have an old school mind when it comes to building teams and that is through the trenches.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#8 : September 21, 2009, 10:25:28 PM

Tough call because Dunlap is more of a need, but Berry is the safer pick and a guy barring injury who looks destined for several pro-bowls at a position very hard to find great players at. DE is very deep with some good ones that will still be there in the 2nd, and there should be a couple in Free Agency. Suh or Berry would be a tougher decision. I'm beginning to lean towards Suh if we're bad enough to have that option.
Jury still out on Miller and Moore could already have the answer at DT

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#9 : September 21, 2009, 10:28:45 PM

Jury still out on Miller and Moore could already have the answer at DT

You need 2 good DT's though, and Suh is the reason that Nebraska can go into Virgina Tech and control that game as much as they did. If they rush hiim and don't have him zone drop at the end they probably win the game.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 21, 2009, 10:41:41 PM

Berry is a far more accomplished player, but defensive end is by far a bigger impact position.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Buc31

Starter

#11 : September 21, 2009, 10:45:30 PM

Eric Berry will bring back the physical mentality that this defense has lacked for several years

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 21, 2009, 11:05:33 PM

Was Brandon Spikes playing in that game on Saturday? Didn't hear his name much.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 21, 2009, 11:46:44 PM

Berry, a DE or WR will make me happy this year.
We should definitely try to get a DE now.
Unless Moore or Crowder step up and claim it or god forbidding Gaines gets a fire lit under his @$$ and he actually plays the way we all thought he would.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#14 : September 22, 2009, 12:51:36 AM

Neither. Give me Suh or McCoy if your going to go D-Line and pair him with Roy Miller.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Carlos Dunlap v Eric Berry « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools