Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Carlos Dunlap v Eric Berry « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#105 : September 25, 2009, 03:43:59 PM

I'd rather have Dez.

Why is <supposed best WR in the draft> always the most popular guys on our board every year? I mean it is like we've got a cast of mini-millens around here.

Not everyone who wants Bryant is a "mini-millen", Dez is actually the 1st WR I ever wanted the Bucs to draft in the 1st round.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#106 : September 25, 2009, 05:51:45 PM

We are screwed if we have the first pick.  Very hard to trade out of it unless one of these QB's becomes irresistable.  Would be cool if we could do a ditka trade.

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#107 : September 25, 2009, 07:31:41 PM

I'd rather have Dez.

Why is <supposed best WR in the draft> always the most popular guys on our board every year? I mean it is like we've got a cast of mini-millens around here.

Every year, guys drink the juice and are mesmerized by one player to the point of contracting acute homeritis

[Add witty one liner here]

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#108 : September 25, 2009, 07:39:30 PM

You can only get impact WR's through the draft and that's it... plain and simple. 

Then why is Moss at NE? Or Welker? TO at Buffalo? Why was Galloway such a big impact here for several years? How did Seattle get TJ Housh? Is Berrian not making an impact in Minny? How did we get Bryant last year w/o drafting him? What about Plaxico's impact on the G-mens SB team? Roy Williams wasn't drafted by Dallas. In our Super Bowl season, did we draft Keyshawn or McCardell or Joe J?

You gotta be kidding... right?

You gotta be missing the point, right?

Moss was a cry baby whinner who was hurt and sucked for 3 years before "miracilously" healing in New England.

Is he an "impact" WR now? Your statement was "You can only get impact WR's through the draft and that's it." He was NOT acquired via the draft, so either he makes no impact or you are wrong.

Welker was never an impact receiver until he hooked up with Moss and Brady

Is he an "impact" WR for NE? Your statement was "You can only get impact WR's through the draft and that's it." He was NOT acquired via the draft, so either he makes no impact or you are wrong.

Galloway was a constant injury risk and still is (and by the way... had to give up Johnson who you also mentioned to get him Which further disproves your point).  Was great when he played... but only 8-10 games per year.

Multiple 1000+ yard seasons, is that not an impact?  Your statement was "You can only get impact WR's through the draft and that's it." He was NOT acquired via the draft, so either he made no impact or you are wrong.

TJH is done.

In 2 games he has 10 catches for 110 yards, which is on track for an 80 reception season. Is an 80 rec. WR an impact WR?  Your statement was "You can only get impact WR's through the draft and that's it." He was NOT acquired via the draft, so either he makes no impact or you are wrong.

Berrian is a mediocre WR

He had 964 yards and 7 TDs last year on a team with NO QB, is that not an impact?  Your statement was "You can only get impact WR's through the draft and that's it." He was NOT acquired via the draft, so either he made no impact last year or you are wrong.

Plax wasn't a sure thing and was an underachiever

Did he make an impact on the Giants? Your statement was "You can only get impact WR's through the draft and that's it." He was NOT acquired via the draft, so either he made no impact or you are wrong.

Williams is decent, but not an impact WR.  He's a #2 with a #1 price tag.

He absolutely made an impact on our secondary. Is a 66 yard TD not an impact?  Your statement was "You can only get impact WR's through the draft and that's it." He was NOT acquired via the draft, so either he makes no impact or you are wrong.

Keyshawn, McCardell, J.J... please tell me that's a joke?

Was KJ a critical part of our Super Bowl run? Was McCardell not our leading WR one season? Did JJ not make an impact in the playoffs in '02? Your statement was "You can only get impact WR's through the draft and that's it." They were NOT acquired via the draft, so either they made no impact or you are wrong.

And what about A.Bryant? or TO at Philly, Dallas, or Buffalo?

And neither Jimmy Smith nor McCardell was drafted by Jax and they both had an impact here.

You made an ABSOLUTE statement, I presented not 1, not 2, but 12 examples of cases where your absolute was not true. 1 or 2 could be considered exceptions, BUT 12! I believe that clearly demonstrates that "impact" WRs can be acquired by means other than the draft.

The draft may be the preferrable method to get WRs, but to say it is "the ONLY way, that's it...plain and simple" is incorrect.

I'd rather have Dez.

Okay, Lucy.

littlericky

Starter
#109 : September 26, 2009, 11:21:29 AM

I'd rather wait and take Julio Jones or even AJ Green over Dez.
Your a smart man. Draft D this year. because a rookies QBs best friend is a good D and a good running game. Then after our D gels for a year go and get Freeman some weapons. Hopefully Julio Jones 6'5'' and runs a low 4.4  at least that what his little bio say on CBS. Also trade Bryant now and get a extra pick out of him. Who knows me might get a low 1st or a 2nd then maybe I would say if Crabtree is still there take a receiver this year and that all depends what D prospect is still left on the boards

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#110 : September 26, 2009, 07:22:52 PM

In the logic of drafting a "special" playmaker rather than looking at need levels, we would have to consider Tebow if we are going to look at Bryant.  I'm not a UF fan so don't hand me the homer tag but even though he is a spread QB who likes to run, he is very athletic and extremely smart.  Heard them talking about him today saying he is included in every coaches meeting and puts in countless hours studying film, working out, etc.  I know a lot of people don't think he projects well and obviously we already have our "QB of the future" but personally I see him as an athletic Manning type who is a bona-fide leader.  If we are going to forsake defense in the first (which I hope we do not) I would rather see us take Tebow than Bryant and use Freeman and Adams as trade bait.  I will await your head explosions.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#111 : September 26, 2009, 08:50:17 PM

so we use a potential top 10 pick on either the 3rd or 4th best QB coming out this year? when last year we just drafted a QB in the first?

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#112 : September 26, 2009, 10:02:18 PM

so we use a potential top 10 pick on either the 3rd or 4th best QB coming out this year? when last year we just drafted a QB in the first?

Read the entire post---quote:"If we are going to forsake defense in the first (which I hope we do not) I would rather see us take Tebow than Bryant"  Though I think he is the 2nd best QB coming out this year.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#113 : September 26, 2009, 10:08:34 PM

Even though I like Tebow and think he'll be a good player, we do not need to pick him.  That would be stupid. 

We need to take a defensive player IMO, preferably a top DE or a CB. 

LFO

Hall of Famer

#114 : September 26, 2009, 10:24:30 PM

AJ Green just had a huge blocked FG.  He could even help us there lol.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#115 : September 26, 2009, 10:33:20 PM

Read the entire post---quote:"If we are going to forsake defense in the first (which I hope we do not) I would rather see us take Tebow than Bryant"  Though I think he is the 2nd best QB coming out this year.

I think with the drafting of Freeman we pretty much shut the door of drafting a QB with the first for the next couple of years unless a new coach is hired. Personally this top pick needs to be able to get on the field now and try to help contribute. so much money is going to be invested into two QB's. Tebow is gonna need some time adjusting. WR will be our biggest need on offense especially since our two top guys are on one year deals.  As long as morris is the coach of this team Freeman is his guy. Freeman will not be tradebait. Morris is married to him he either lives or dies with freeman at the helm.

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#116 : September 27, 2009, 12:27:17 AM

Even though I like Tebow and think he'll be a good player, we do not need to pick him.  That would be stupid. 

We need to take a defensive player IMO, preferably a top DE or a CB. 

I agree but if we get a shot, I would rather have Suh than any DE and I would go S over CB.

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#117 : September 27, 2009, 12:32:05 AM

I think with the drafting of Freeman we pretty much shut the door of drafting a QB with the first for the next couple of years unless a new coach is hired. Personally this top pick needs to be able to get on the field now and try to help contribute. so much money is going to be invested into two QB's. Tebow is gonna need some time adjusting. WR will be our biggest need on offense especially since our two top guys are on one year deals.  As long as morris is the coach of this team Freeman is his guy. Freeman will not be tradebait. Morris is married to him he either lives or dies with freeman at the helm.

I agree with everything but the WR part.  We have no idea who will be resigned and there are WR's to be had in FA.  We will not take a QB, I was just saying if we go for offense (unless it is for a dynamic LT) I would personally take a QB over Dez.  That being said, you're right.  Morris is married to Freeman and unless (until?) he gets the axe we are stuck with him.  Suh is the guy for us all the way.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#118 : September 27, 2009, 12:36:00 AM

Read the entire post---quote:"If we are going to forsake defense in the first (which I hope we do not) I would rather see us take Tebow than Bryant"� Though I think he is the 2nd best QB coming out this year.

I think with the drafting of Freeman we pretty much shut the door of drafting a QB with the first for the next couple of years unless a new coach is hired. Personally this top pick needs to be able to get on the field now and try to help contribute. so much money is going to be invested into two QB's. Tebow is gonna need some time adjusting. WR will be our biggest need on offense especially since our two top guys are on one year deals.� As long as morris is the coach of this team Freeman is his guy. Freeman will not be tradebait. Morris is married to him he either lives or dies with freeman at the helm.

I agree with everything but the WR part.  We have no idea who will be resigned and there are WR's to be had in FA.  We will not take a QB, I was just saying if we go for offense (unless it is for a dynamic LT) I would personally take a QB over Dez.  That being said, you're right.  Morris is married to Freeman and unless (until?) he gets the axe we are stuck with him.  Suh is the guy for us all the way.

oh yes i agree with you Suh would make my day if we got him. The only way i would want Dez if all those top defender prospects are gone. I think BPA is the way to go in the top 10. Cause truth be told the next couple of prospects who fit our needs are mid- late first rounders. hoping we stockpile draft picks this offseason.
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Carlos Dunlap v Eric Berry « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools