Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Carlos Dunlap v Eric Berry « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 22, 2009, 01:09:04 AM

I got a question for those who want Berry? why would we take a skilled safety before fixing our d-line. We can have the most skilled secondary but if the QB doesn't get pressured he will find holes and the open man. Go d-line first than the secondary will follow.

BucsPromo

Starter

#16 : September 22, 2009, 01:27:48 AM

Berry
Bryant
Dunlap

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 22, 2009, 01:52:16 AM

I got a question for those who want Berry? why would we take a skilled safety before fixing our d-line. We can have the most skilled secondary but if the QB doesn't get pressured he will find holes and the open man. Go d-line first than the secondary will follow.
Good point.
We overlooked that.
But maybe we actually have faith in some of our younger players on the line.
I know I do.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 22, 2009, 05:04:41 AM

because he's the best defensive player in college.  But I wouldn't mind either.  If Bate's is still the DC I don't think we invest a top 5 pick in a DT.  DE is the area of greatest need.  Corey Wootton from Northwestern and Greg Hardy have injury issues.  I'd be very leery of taking them.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 22, 2009, 06:49:12 AM

Berry, he's the #1 player in the nation. Not to mention he's so damn good he could play ANY DB position. Him and Talib would hold the secondary down.

Dunalp hasn't proven much yet. He didn't look impressive at all against TENN getting owned in many running plays.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 22, 2009, 08:44:37 AM

The argument would be Berry has the look of the best safety in the last 5 years and probably the next 5 years. He's so good you take him now and get d-line later just because he is such an elite talent.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Buc31

Starter

#21 : September 22, 2009, 08:48:28 AM

Because its no guarantee that that one guy will solve our pass rush woes. We can't stop the deep ball, it would be nice to have someone back there ready to make a play when the ball is in the air. And the fact that HE LIKES TO HIT!

SpeedyClaxton

Starter

#22 : September 22, 2009, 09:46:08 AM

Dunlap easily

We shut down \\\\\\\" The Vet\\\\\\\" and we opened up Lincoln Financial with a bang!!!!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 22, 2009, 10:09:52 AM

Was Brandon Spikes playing in that game on Saturday? Didn't hear his name much.

He was injured during the week in practice, but he still tried playing the first half.  He looked like garbage out there (because of the injury) and didn't really play much in the second half.

MasterC25

Starter
#24 : September 22, 2009, 12:26:01 PM

Dunlap does not flash @ all. If ur 6'6 290 DE in college and can't flash then u have show questions about your fire and your will to be great. With his measureables and athleticism he should be dominating and instead has been going completely unnticed. He is a piss poor mans version of Mario Williams with only the measurables to match up, he is nowhere close to Mario as a playmaker as Mario is the most complete end in the league. Berry on the other hand can go in my opionion from being a cover safety in college to a cover corner in the pros sort of like Nnamdi did coming of of Cal.  Give me Berry or Suh thats the only two choices.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 22, 2009, 12:36:51 PM

With the way we have been playing the first 2 weeks,We'll be picking in the top 5. We all know its certain positions that don't get drafted that high, With that said I don't think we draft Berry. On the flip side I say we draft best player available period. I prefer Suh or Dez Bryant.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 22, 2009, 12:38:29 PM

This guy.  No doubt about it.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 22, 2009, 12:40:24 PM

The argument would be Berry has the look of the best safety in the last 5 years and probably the next 5 years. He's so good you take him now and get d-line later just because he is such an elite talent.

He better be if we are picking him real high - the last top 10 safety to be even close to worth it was Bennie Blades (Sean Taylor might have been worth it had he survived).

The 3 biggest impact S in the league were all taken later - Palomalu (16), Ed Reed (24), and Bob Sanders (when healthy - 44).

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#28 : September 22, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

He better be if we are picking him real high - the last top 10 safety to be even close to worth it was Bennie Blades (Sean Taylor might have been worth it had he survived).

The 3 biggest impact S in the league were all taken later - Palomalu (16), Ed Reed (24), and Bob Sanders (when healthy - 44).

Berry reminds me more of the late Sean Taylor

Buc31

Starter

#29 : September 22, 2009, 12:47:59 PM

Berry reminds me more of the late Sean Taylor
Ditto
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Carlos Dunlap v Eric Berry « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools