Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: with the first overall pick... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

N-Y

Rookie

: September 22, 2009, 10:23:55 AM

Bucs select.....Dez bryant?.... who thinks this is a guy we need.... I hope we start Freeman soon to see what he have in this kid, if he isnt all that, i think Colt McCoy would be perfect as a franchise qb for this team.

matt

Starter

#1 : September 22, 2009, 10:42:07 AM

No. As bad as the Bucs are, I doubt they'll have the #1 overall pick (Detroit and St. Louis are worse IMO). Even if they do, they'd be foolish to waste it on an offensive skill player. They badly need defensive help and may need to trade down. You certainly don't take QBs with your #1 pick in consecutive years.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#2 : September 22, 2009, 03:36:35 PM

I need to start watching Nebraska games to get a better look at Ndumkong(am I even spelling this right?) Suh. I think Gerald McCoy is the best defensive player in this draft, but others say Suh is better.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 22, 2009, 03:47:14 PM

I need to start watching Nebraska games to get a better look at Ndumkong(am I even spelling this right?) Suh. I think Gerald McCoy is the best defensive player in this draft, but others say Suh is better.

It's 1a/1b, man.  There hasn't been a better set of DT's coming out in the draft for a long, long time.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 22, 2009, 04:25:03 PM

Suh and McCoy are both around 300 lbs so they aren't the big time space eater types. They're both outstanding players but  I'm not sure they are ideal for what we're gonna want to do.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 22, 2009, 04:44:26 PM

Terrence Cody of Bama 6'4" 365lbs Now that's a space eater. Probably eats other stuff too.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 22, 2009, 04:59:42 PM

Terrence Cody of Bama 6'4" 365lbs Now that's a space eater. Probably eats other stuff too.

You call them CB's he calls them appetizers.

Really a guy that might be interesting is Carlos Dunlap...and it gets the Gator homers someone to cheer for. 290 lbs DE who can rush the passer and had 9+ sacks in the SEC last year, yes please!

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 22, 2009, 05:24:23 PM

Suh and McCoy are both around 300 lbs so they aren't the big time space eater types. They're both outstanding players but  I'm not sure they are ideal for what we're gonna want to do.
Didn't Bates come out and say the 330 lb DT for his defense is a bit of a myth? I mean they chose Roy Miller when there were bigger players available. He had Tim Bowens in Miami, but also Daryl Gardener.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 22, 2009, 06:59:19 PM

Didn't Bates come out and say the 330 lb DT for his defense is a bit of a myth? I mean they chose Roy Miller when there were bigger players available. He had Tim Bowens in Miami, but also Daryl Gardener.

Gardener was huge as well. Still,  it isn't about being huge and fat but about being strong and both McCoy and Suh are more movement type DT's to me - Suh is more stand and hold than McCoy. I'm not sure you need elite type talent to fill the role on this defense that bthese guys require. You need good but Miller and another guy like him might well be enough. The thing that can't be faked in any 4-3 is the pass rush off the edge.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 22, 2009, 07:47:35 PM

I don't know how accurate this is, but NFL.com lists Gardener as 295 lbs. That's about what Suh and McCoy are listed. I agree with you only Suh appears to be of such a superior talent he can work in any scheme, kind of like Kevin Williams. McCoy might be a little more pigeon-holed. It will just come down to BPA. If Suh is a Kevin Williams type he'll be more valuable than a DE who may not be the next John Abraham.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 22, 2009, 07:59:53 PM

I don't know how accurate this is, but NFL.com lists Gardener as 295 lbs. That's about what Suh and McCoy are listed. I agree with you only Suh appears to be of such a superior talent he can work in any scheme, kind of like Kevin Williams. McCoy might be a little more pigeon-holed. It will just come down to BPA. If Suh is a Kevin Williams type he'll be more valuable than a DE who may not be the next John Abraham.

Gardener was a big 310+ at Baylor so I'm not sure if he lost or not, might well have.

On Suh, I agree about the K-Williams scenario, if he's that good then that good helps anywhere. It is the movement type guy like McCoy who is sort of a Tommie Harris type I'm not sure we get a ton of value out of anymore.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 24, 2009, 03:13:52 PM

We gotta pick up some D-line this year, badly. Luckily for us this is the perfect year to do it. I just hope however high we are we are able to trade down a couple of spaces for a team that wants to jump ahead and get on of the premier QB's letting us land two stud D-lineman. Hopefully a big time DT and one of the better ends.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 04, 2009, 12:21:25 AM

Ndamukong Suh.

[emphasis] . [/emphasis]

120 Players You Need to Know - Ndamukong Suh

Tell me if that bio doesn't scream "Albert Hayneworth"....I mean before he stepped on Gurode's head...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 04, 2009, 10:08:35 AM

Pro Potential ... With Suh’s size and quickness, he would’ve likely been a late first rounder/early second rounder at worst, had he decided to come out early. The NFL loves athletic, versatile tackles who can get to the quarterback, and with the right workout, he likely would’ve been one of the hot, high-rising prospects coming out of the Combine. If he can have another strong year and if he can stay healthy, he’ll almost certainly be a first round selection, and possibly a top ten overall pick, in 2010. While he could play in any system, he’ll likely be at his best as a defensive end in a 3-4 system.

Negatives about Suh ... So far he has been a bit of a one-year wonder. While effort has never been an issue, he didn’t produce up to his immense talent and potential until last season. A knee injury was part of the problem, but the coaching staff also wanted to light a bit more of a fire under Suh to get him to become a next-level playmaker. He took to the coaching and became an even harder worker last year, and now it’s time for him to prove it wasn’t a fluke.

A cool thing about Suh that you probably didn't know ... So where did the name come from? In the Ngema tribe in Cameroon, where his father is from, Ndamukong means “House of Spears.”

Career statistics
2006: 19 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 7 tackles for loss, 1 interception
2007: 34 tackles, 1 sack,  tackles for loss
2008: 76 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 16 tackles for loss, two interceptions, both for touchdowns, and a two-yard touchdown catch

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 05, 2009, 11:40:28 AM

If we do get the #1 pick unless there is a franchise type guy we do need to trade down and get some extra draft picks.  We need a #1 WR like a Dez Bryant but we also need OL depth now that Sears is not on the team, we need DT and DE playmakers, MLB that can be a game changer and CB - probably even S.  Will need to see what juniors declare but Suh, McCoy, Bryant and even Dunlap need to be considered as likely picks at this time.

Some possible later picks could include a Brandon Lafell (WR), Ciron Black (LT), Javier Areans (CB), or even Brandon Spikes.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: with the first overall pick... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools