Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: with the first overall pick... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#15 : October 05, 2009, 04:09:22 PM

After watching Suh, he reminds me a lot of Richard Seymour. I'd love to have him as a Buc.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 05, 2009, 05:07:07 PM

If we do get the #1 pick unless there is a franchise type guy we do need to trade down and get some extra draft picks.  We need a #1 WR like a Dez Bryant but we also need OL depth now that Sears is not on the team, we need DT and DE playmakers, MLB that can be a game changer and CB - probably even S.  Will need to see what juniors declare but Suh, McCoy, Bryant and even Dunlap need to be considered as likely picks at this time.

Some possible later picks could include a Brandon Lafell (WR), Ciron Black (LT), Javier Areans (CB), or even Brandon Spikes.

Why do we need to consider McCoy...again?

We have a QB on the roster that came from an inferior team who managed to beat McCoy's Longhorn's twice - both times they were nationally ranked - once they were in contention for national championship game.

I'll keep the winner, you can keep that loser.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#17 : October 05, 2009, 05:30:30 PM

If we do get the #1 pick unless there is a franchise type guy we do need to trade down and get some extra draft picks.  We need a #1 WR like a Dez Bryant but we also need OL depth now that Sears is not on the team, we need DT and DE playmakers, MLB that can be a game changer and CB - probably even S.  Will need to see what juniors declare but Suh, McCoy, Bryant and even Dunlap need to be considered as likely picks at this time.

Some possible later picks could include a Brandon Lafell (WR), Ciron Black (LT), Javier Areans (CB), or even Brandon Spikes.

We have a QB on the roster that came from an inferior team who managed to beat McCoy's Longhorn's twice - both times they were nationally ranked - once they were in contention for national championship game.

I'm pretty sure hes talking about OU DT Gerald McCoy..

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 05, 2009, 05:35:47 PM

I'm pretty sure hes talking about OU DT Gerald McCoy..

Oh, never mind...

Now, if I'm going for a Big 12 DT my first preference would be Ndamukong Suh...have I said that before?

Sure seems like I have...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 06, 2009, 06:24:14 PM

That has to be the worst logic I've ever heard.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 07, 2009, 12:18:34 AM

That has to be the worst logic I've ever heard.

How so? Colt McCoy couldn't beat K-State - yet Josh Freeman beat two ranked Texas teams.

We already have the best of that deal - no need to question it.

Perhaps you should clarify - because right about now this has the beginnings of a non-sequitur.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 07, 2009, 12:39:24 AM

How so? Colt McCoy couldn't beat K-State - yet Josh Freeman beat two ranked Texas teams.

We already have the best of that deal - no need to question it.

Perhaps you should clarify - because right about now this has the beginnings of a non-sequitur.

You can't seriously, I mean really, use Player X's team beat Player Y's team in college so X > Y in the NFL? Jay Cutler lost for Clint Marks (MTSU), he then lost to JaMarcus Russel's LSU team and then Andre Woodson's UK team. Any guesses as to who is the better QB in the NFL?

There are a LOT of reaons to not like McCoy - spread QB, gets his stats of rinky dink throws, Texas kids are squishy soft but the fact that UT lost to KSU isn't one of them by a massive long shot.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 07, 2009, 01:52:10 AM

Sure, in every example you gave, an inferior team with a good QB lost to the team with more talent...Cutler who played for Vanderbilt was outclassed by everyone - his teams got up for the big games but lost to small schools due to the poor quality of the coaching/team around him.

Texas was a superior team and brought out the best in Freeman - he was able to overcome a superior Texas defense while McCoy choked on K-State's miserable excuse for a defense...twice.

and don't look now but every other comparative you listed - is subjective - so from my point of view (since I'm typing) it's as good a comparison as your apt to get till the kid can get on the field in the NFL.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 07, 2009, 02:06:27 AM

Sure, in every example you gave, an inferior team with a good QB lost to the team with more talent...Cutler who played for Vanderbilt was outclassed by everyone - his teams got up for the big games but lost to small schools due to the poor quality of the coaching/team around him.

Texas was a superior team and brought out the best in Freeman - he was able to overcome a superior Texas defense while McCoy choked on K-State's miserable excuse for a defense...twice.

and don't look now but every other comparative you listed - is subjective - so from my point of view (since I'm typing) it's as good a comparison as your apt to get till the kid can get on the field in the NFL.

So basically any QB who gets upset, now the other QB is the better player? Graham Harrell beat McCoy's team with an inferior team last year and we see how well that worked out for Harrell. Is Cody Hawkins a better pro QB than Josh Freeman, he beat Freeman you know? As did Bret Meyer at ISU, he better? Seriously, there's just no way you can follow that flawed chain of logic.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 07, 2009, 04:33:51 AM

Anyone who beats Texas twice, with a team that got progressively worse over two years? Absolutely.

Any team can luck into a win over a vaunted opponent - to do it twice? Well, being lucky twice, is just plain good.

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#25 : October 07, 2009, 06:31:57 AM

I say we draft a corner. But our pick will have too much value to take corner 1st overall.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 07, 2009, 03:22:51 PM

Using that logic, Danny Wuerffel should be a future NFL HOFer and Manning should be out of football.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 07, 2009, 05:55:02 PM

Using that logic, Danny Wuerffel should be a future NFL HOFer and Manning should be out of football.

Actually, using my logic, Danny Wuerffel would NOT have been a good NFL QB. He was surrounded with talent - he only managed the system, the other playmakers made plays.

Freeman was not surrounded by talent and HIS teams were outclassed each time he played a conference power.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#28 : October 07, 2009, 08:05:04 PM

Gardener was huge as well. Still,  it isn't about being huge and fat but about being strong and both McCoy and Suh are more movement type DT's to me - Suh is more stand and hold than McCoy. I'm not sure you need elite type talent to fill the role on this defense that bthese guys require. You need good but Miller and another guy like him might well be enough. The thing that can't be faked in any 4-3 is the pass rush off the edge.

Thats odd, because I think of Suh as being Roy Miller if Roy Miller were born with tons more athleticism and raw talent.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#29 : October 07, 2009, 08:19:17 PM

Freeman was not surrounded by talent and HIS teams were outclassed each time he played a conference power.

So Freeman didn't have the 2nd leading receiver in the nation that last year he beat Texas?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: with the first overall pick... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools