Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Len Pasq reporting the BUCS are getting Plummer for draft pick??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 02, 2007, 10:48:29 AM

There was talk that the Bucs idealy would like to get Plummer and talk to Garcia...how would that look for your QB rotation to be Simms/Garcia/Plummer?

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 02, 2007, 10:50:08 AM

I dont think I implied either was anymore than just a bandaid.  But like you said, Garcia>Plummer so atleast talk to him first.

No, I got what you were saying. My fear is that while Garcia is an obvious band-aid, Plummer might be seen as something longer term by the people in charge of the Bucs.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 02, 2007, 10:51:19 AM

I dont think I implied either was anymore than just a bandaid. But like you said, Garcia>Plummer so atleast talk to him first.

No, I got what you were saying. My fear is that while Garcia is an obvious band-aid, Plummer might be seen as something longer term by the people in charge of the Bucs.
I dont think alot of people in charge of the bucs are going to be around to witness anything long term at this rate.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 02, 2007, 11:04:29 AM

I dont think I implied either was anymore than just a bandaid. But like you said, Garcia>Plummer so atleast talk to him first.

I dont think alot of people in charge of the bucs are going to be around to witness anything long term at this rate.
Got to agree with you on this one.

You might have to change your screen name to InJeterITrust...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 02, 2007, 11:07:08 AM

At what rate? I'm not with you on this, this FO will be in place for a while.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 02, 2007, 11:10:00 AM

At what rate? I'm not with you on this, this FO will be in place for a while.
You may be right, and  I hope you are.  We all have opinions, but the one fact in all of this is that the bucs are a grade A mess.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 02, 2007, 11:17:23 AM

You may be right, and I hope you are. We all have opinions, but the one fact in all of this is that the bucs are a grade A mess.

I'm not with that thinking at all but you're right we all have our opinions. If Simms can beat out Plummer in TC then the BUcs have solidified the back-up spot. That's what we're all looking for here, not a savior but someone who can start in the event of an injury. I don't like Plummer but he's not coming here to save the franchise.

If Plummer's the back-up this past year 4-12 is 9-7 possibly. He's serviceable and if Gruden can improve Plummer along with Simms then good for the BUcs

Look, last year the Bucs tried to bring in a proven vet QB but it didn't pan out. We all saw what happened this year, the Bucs are atleast doing something about it to prevent a repeat of last year.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 02, 2007, 11:23:40 AM

You may be right, and I hope you are. We all have opinions, but the one fact in all of this is that the bucs are a grade A mess.

I'm not with that thinking at all but you're right we all have our opinions. If Simms can beat out Plummer in TC then the BUcs have solidified the back-up spot. That's what we're all looking for here, not a savior but someone who can start in the event of an injury. I don't like Plummer but he's not coming here to save the franchise.

If Plummer's the back-up this past year 4-12 is 9-7 possibly. He's serviceable and if Gruden can improve Plummer along with Simms then good for the BUcs

Look, last year the Bucs tried to bring in a proven vet QB but it didn't pan out. We all saw what happened this year, the Bucs are atleast doing something about it to prevent a repeat of last year.

Finally a rational voice.  And even though he's under contract for three more years if he doesn't pan out we can just cut him without taking a salary cap hit since it would be on Denver.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 02, 2007, 11:26:20 AM

Plummer isn't a horrible QB. He played in Arizona.....Says enough about that and then Denver where he lead them to the playoffs. He still isnt the starter so we will see

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 02, 2007, 11:28:30 AM

fourth would be ok, I just dont get why you do this before you sit down and seriously talk to Garcia...

Garcia should be a bandaid and so should Plummer. In that case Garcia > Plummer. My fear with Plummer is that Johnny has tickled his Gannon bone and thinks he's "save" another veteran spare part.

I guess it is time to batten down the hatches for the massive rationalizations to show up about how accurate he is and what a great record he had in DEN.

I wouldn't be surprised after so many visits with Garcia over the years and with all the behind the scenes "tampering" that goes on in the NFL if the Bucs didn't already have a very good idea about Garcia's demands.

Not a big fan of this move thoough

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 02, 2007, 11:29:50 AM

fourth would be ok, I just dont get why you do this before you sit down and seriously talk to Garcia...

Garcia should be a bandaid and so should Plummer. In that case Garcia > Plummer. My fear with Plummer is that Johnny has tickled his Gannon bone and thinks he's "save" another veteran spare part.

I guess it is time to batten down the hatches for the massive rationalizations to show up about how accurate he is and what a great record he had in DEN.

I wouldn't be surprised after so many visits with Garcia over the years and with all the behind the scenes "tampering" that goes on in the NFL if the Bucs didn't already have a very good idea about Garcia's demands.

Not a big fan of this move thoough

He's also left us at the alter as much as Parcells has.

BucsNBullsBaby

Second String

#26 : March 02, 2007, 11:30:18 AM

Any improvement in our qb position is a good thing.  Even if he is ultimately the backup, a 4th round pick is worth it.

gone

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 02, 2007, 11:30:28 AM

I just can't believe how many people think Simms is starting still.  Simms just got a ticket to the bench.  Not because Plummer's a stud, but he's way better than Simms.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 02, 2007, 11:32:25 AM

They do. And based on what Steve Baker said yesterday, I'm thinking Garcia is going to cost someone a lot more than people originally thought.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Len Pasq reporting the BUCS are getting Plummer for draft pick??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools