Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW Hovan! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

#30 : September 23, 2009, 02:55:48 PM

Hovan has 4 tackles on the season...he needs to worry about himself instead of talking smack.

He has more than just himself to be responsible for (as the defense's leader.)

It ain't smack (IMO) - it's motivational.  (I see them as different things.)

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#31 : September 23, 2009, 02:58:32 PM

"If you like being physical, you're about to get exposed right now,'' Hovan said. "I'm telling you right now, if you're a guy who has shied away from contact his whole life, you're about to be exposed. You"re on a stage right now where millions and millions of people are watching. And they can tell who's a fake and a fraud out there. So we're about to find out real quick who likes to hit or not.''

He might as well have named Adams by name.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 23, 2009, 03:01:21 PM

Glad a leader has stepped up.  Let's hope he can spark the team.

Taleon

Rookie

#33 : September 23, 2009, 03:07:38 PM

and Talib for that matter.

Talib is the furthest thing from a leader on this team.
Fake and fraud were a direct hit on Leon, thank you Hovan

finally signs of life in the leadership/accountability dept.

""I'm telling you right now, if you're a guy who has shied away from contact his whole life, you're about to be exposed. You"re on a stage right now where millions and millions of people are watching. And they can tell who's a fake and a fraud out there. So we're about to find out real quick who likes to hit or not.''

Taleon

Rookie

#34 : September 23, 2009, 03:17:30 PM

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videoarchive.aspx?filename=20090920_buccaneers_bills_short_600k.flv&Page=1&year=2009

Watch the 1st play the bills run at this link, you make your own call, this is not to any standards of a buc CB, ever.

The bills lineman did nothing but look at the fraud, and turned him downfield, that my friend is a fraud.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 23, 2009, 03:20:09 PM

That looks even worse when you see it again.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#36 : September 23, 2009, 03:21:43 PM

Hovan has 4 tackles on the season...he needs to worry about himself instead of talking smack.

He has more than just himself to be responsible for (as the defense's leader.)

It ain't smack (IMO) - it's motivational.  (I see them as different things.)

well leadership starts with play first, and nobody is gonna listen to Hovans crap if his own playing doesnt back it up.  we need a leader on this D, not a motivational speaker, and based off of his play Hovan is just a motvational speaker.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#37 : September 23, 2009, 03:22:36 PM

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videoarchive.aspx?filename=20090920_buccaneers_bills_short_600k.flv&Page=1&year=2009

Watch the 1st play the bills run at this link, you make your own call, this is not to any standards of a buc CB, ever.

The bills lineman did nothing but look at the fraud, and turned him downfield, that my friend is a fraud.

Ouch... Talib apparently is one of the guys Hovan is talking about...

Madman

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 23, 2009, 03:23:43 PM

Eh, Talib is physical enough for a CB.

Wonder who Hovan is talking about? A few FRAUD candidates IMO... Gaines (obvious), Stylez G. White, Sims, Quincy Black, Sabby?

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#39 : September 23, 2009, 03:25:46 PM

Funny how Gaines over persued T.O on that play, fell down, got back up , got blocked, keep fighting and cought T.O from behind 13 yards later after all of our DB's missed their tackles. Yeah that sounds like Gaines  isnt playing hard enough.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 23, 2009, 03:26:47 PM

Gaines-definitely
Stylez-seriously, did he play against Buffalo?
Sims-meh, he's decent enough
Black-really raw, don't think it's a lack of effort with him
Sabby-again, he had some troubles but made plays against the Bills and I wouldn't say he shies away from contact

Taleon

Rookie

#41 : September 23, 2009, 03:31:41 PM

Funny how Gaines over persued T.O on that play, fell down, got back up , got blocked, keep fighting and cought T.O from behind 13 yards later after all of our DB's missed their tackles. Yeah that sounds like Gaines  isnt playing hard enough.
I expect a load more from GA in his pass rushing, but thought exactly the same thing you did when he was singled out by Rah Rah.

#42 : September 23, 2009, 03:32:25 PM

Funny how Gaines over persued T.O on that play, fell down, got back up , got blocked, keep fighting and cought T.O from behind 13 yards later after all of our DB's missed their tackles. Yeah that sounds like Gaines  isnt playing hard enough.

Good call.  Although Gaines was pursing Parrish(?) No 22 and had to do a 180...    

Gaines is going to be judged on his ability to pressure the QB.  That's his role - regardless of how well he plays otherwise.

'sayin.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 23, 2009, 03:33:35 PM

Gaines-definitely
Stylez-seriously, did he play against Buffalo?
Sims-meh, he's decent enough
Black-really raw, don't think it's a lack of effort with him
Sabby-again, he had some troubles but made plays against the Bills and I wouldn't say he shies away from contact

Good assessment.

Sabby's tackling issues are all about wrong angles. Guy takes TERRIBLE angles. This whiff on Fred Jackson in the hole was ridiculous (0:35). Quincy Black looks lost to me.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d812c6e20/WK-2-Fred-Jackson-highlights

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 23, 2009, 03:34:12 PM

Its not Hovans primary or even secondary job in this defense to sack the QB. Was like that for years under Monte ever since he came here. Its disgusting that after all these years and all the literature regarding Bates defense that you fools dont know the role of Hovan or a 4-3 NT. Pathetic. Get informed before you bash.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW Hovan! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools