Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Virginia Tech 31 Miami 7 FINAL « previous next »
Page: 1 2

LFO

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 01, 2009, 08:55:25 PM

I think Jacory Harris has as much a chance to winning the Heisman as Tebow.

Based on what?

ibis

Rookie

#16 : October 02, 2009, 09:52:03 PM

Tebow isnt exactly lighting up the stats charts.  If Jacory lit up VT I think he would be a solid contender but that didnt happen.  So I guess what I am saying, unless Tebow starts to win decisively, put up nicer, prettier stats, he will have as much chance at Jacory harris.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 03, 2009, 01:34:04 AM

Tebow isnt exactly lighting up the stats charts.  If Jacory lit up VT I think he would be a solid contender but that didnt happen.  So I guess what I am saying, unless Tebow starts to win decisively, put up nicer, prettier stats, he will have as much chance at Jacory harris.

Huh?

Tebow doesn't need to light up the stats - he's putting up solid numbers and winning.  As for winning decisively, I am not sure they can win by much more most games.  Tebow just needs to play, and win games.  If he does that, he will be right there.

Right now I'd say Tebow is the front runner, and Harris wouldn't get an invite if it were held today.  Harris is nowhere close to Tebow and playing that poorly on national TV did not help. 

The only thing Harris has going for him is his last 7 games or so will be against poor teams, so he'll get a good last impression to put up huge numbers.  But that stinker against VT is going to haunt both him and UM, and exposed them both as just average to slightly above IMO at this point. 
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Virginia Tech 31 Miami 7 FINAL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools