Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU - USF game « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

LFO

Hall of Famer

#45 : September 27, 2009, 11:29:31 PM

Or, USF fans should thank UF for embarrassing FSU enough to make recruits thinks twice about going to FSU.

Is it not true though?

Think about it....
LOL

no

So UF helping make FSU a 2nd rate program, helping elevate USF into possibly #2 status in the state doesn't help recruiting for USF?

LOL.

That's funny.? Guys see UF trounce FSU every year and probably say hey, maybe I should go to USF instead.?

I'm not a recruiting geek but the only higher profile recruits that USF has gotten over the "Big 3" were those who chose the Bulls over UF and UM, no FSU that I can recall ...

he was a tossup to qualify.

not really, the questions had to be answered about online classes ... he was fine otherwise.  Now whether he can make the grade in school or not is another question.

I was just saying...awhile back I said UF backed off because of some "questions" about his grades and scores.  It was true. 

He was eventually cleared, which is great.  But what I said at that time was true, although I was ripped for saying it. 

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#46 : September 27, 2009, 11:43:58 PM

I don't think Bobby helped UF any.� In fact, since Bobby has arrived, UF has won more championships.[/b]

Um ... yeah, that was my point. In fact, it wasn't until Bobby arrived that UF won ANY championships.

UF was more relevant than FSU before Bobby arrived.

Never said they weren't ... but FSU became more relevant after Bobby arrived, finally pushing UF to get their butts in gear to realize the potential they had as the flagship football program of this talent filled state.

Bobby didn't make UF, but it could be argued UF made Bobby and FSU....

BAHAHAHA ... the only ones possibly arguing that would be those that Olaf refered to as thinking the college football world has always revolved around G'ville. Bobby and FSU were made by becoming road warriors, playing anyone, anywhere and winning ... not by the cushy route of a conference tailor made for producing football powers.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#47 : September 27, 2009, 11:46:54 PM

I don't think Bobby helped UF any.� In fact, since Bobby has arrived, UF has won more championships.[/b]

Um ... yeah, that was my point. In fact, it wasn't until Bobby arrived that UF won ANY championships.

Never said they weren't ... but FSU became more relevant after Bobby arrived, finally pushing UF to get their butts in gear to realize the potential they had as the flagship football program of this talent filled state.

BAHAHAHA ... the only ones possibly arguing that would be those that Olaf refered to as thinking the college football world has always revolved around G'ville. Bobby and FSU were made by becoming road warriors, playing anyone, anywhere and winning ... not by the cushy route of a conference tailor made for producing football powers.

No, FSU came onto the map when UF went on probation and other sanctions (not that I am bragging about that lol).  Look at the records. 

FSU compounded this by taking the easy road into the ACC rather than the SEC, where Bobby himself said he wanted to go because his chances of winning were greater. 

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#48 : September 28, 2009, 12:12:13 AM

No, FSU came onto the map when UF went on probation and other sanctions (not that I am bragging about that lol).  Look at the records.

You look at the records. The sanctions came in the mid 80's. In the early 80's Bobby and FSU were already making a name for themselves with road wins against LSU, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Nebraska, etc ...

FSU compounded this by taking the easy road into the ACC rather than the SEC, where Bobby himself said he wanted to go because his chances of winning were greater.

FSU was already a major player in college football before entering the ACC... 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#49 : September 28, 2009, 12:15:16 AM

that's the truth ...

LFO

Hall of Famer

#50 : September 28, 2009, 07:45:19 PM

You look at the records. The sanctions came in the mid 80's. In the early 80's Bobby and FSU were already making a name for themselves with road wins against LSU, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Nebraska, etc ...

They weren't a major player before the ACC.  Look when FSU truly made a jump...it coincided with UF probation and sanctions.  When they joined the ACC they made a greater leap. 

Sure, they were making a "name" for themselves, but much like USF now they weren't a major player until the late 80's/early 90's.  That was when the classes signed from the late 80's were becoming mature.  Which was when UF was on probation and coming off of it. 

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#51 : September 28, 2009, 08:29:02 PM

No, FSU came onto the map when UF went on probation and other sanctions (not that I am bragging about that lol).� Look at the records.

FSU was already a major player in college football before entering the ACC...�

They weren't a major player before the ACC.  Look when FSU truly made a jump...it coincided with UF probation and sanctions.  When they joined the ACC they made a greater leap. 

Sure, they were making a "name" for themselves, but much like USF now they weren't a major player until the late 80's/early 90's.  That was when the classes signed from the late 80's were becoming mature.  Which was when UF was on probation and coming off of it. 

Right, you aren't a major player yet you played in a couple of Orange Bowls, the Peach Bowl and the Gator Bowl ..... Can't argue, that's exactly the same spot USF is in now ....  ::)

Honestly, it's okay to admit you're wrong sometimes .... or, at the very least, just stop responding. Between this and the "Tebow was still in there to gain rapphor with his new wr's" stuff even though he was handing off at the ratio of 11:1 is making you sound ridiculously stubborn.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#52 : September 28, 2009, 08:36:34 PM

No, FSU came onto the map when UF went on probation and other sanctions (not that I am bragging about that lol).� Look at the records.

FSU was already a major player in college football before entering the ACC...�

Right, you aren't a major player yet you played in a couple of Orange Bowls, the Peach Bowl and the Gator Bowl ..... Can't argue, that's exactly the same spot USF is in now ....  ::)

Honestly, it's okay to admit you're wrong sometimes .... or, at the very least, just stop responding. Between this and the "Tebow was still in there to gain rapphor with his new wr's" stuff even though he was handing off at the ratio of 11:1 is making you sound ridiculously stubborn.

Did FSU win MNC ?

By the way, when did UF get sanctions?  Wasn't it in 85?  What did FSU accomplish that was SO great before then?

I'll wait....I think it is you who needs to admit you are wrong.

And Tebow needed to be in the game, and should have been in the game.  Pretty much any CFB coach in America would have done the same.  Get over it. 

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#53 : September 28, 2009, 08:54:49 PM

Did FSU win MNC ?

By the way, when did UF get sanctions?  Wasn't it in 85?  What did FSU accomplish that was SO great before then?

I already listed some of them ... a couple of Orange Bowls, a Peach Bowl, a Gator Bowl ...  top 10 and top 15 finishes .... no MNC's but enough to make a case for them as a major player.

I'll wait....

And Tebow needed to be in the game, and should have been in the game.  Pretty much any CFB coach in America would have done the same.

Maybe so ... maybe so .... but you probably should have just left it at that instead of pulling bullcrap reasons out of the air that made no sense.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#54 : September 28, 2009, 09:42:45 PM

Did FSU win MNC ?

I already listed some of them ... a couple of Orange Bowls, a Peach Bowl, a Gator Bowl ...  top 10 and top 15 finishes .... no MNC's but enough to make a case for them as a major player.

I'll wait....

And Tebow needed to be in the game, and should have been in the game.  Pretty much any CFB coach in America would have done the same.

Maybe so ... maybe so .... but you probably should have just left it at that instead of pulling bullcrap reasons out of the air that made no sense.

When UF went on probation, FSU shortly went after on a run like they had never seen before.  They joined the ACC and that continued.  It's no coincidence that the FSU run started when UF went on probation, coupled shortly after with the fact they joined a 2nd rate conference by Bobby's own words because they had a better chance to win championships. 

As for Tebow, I said that originally, along with the fact Tebow and the offense needed reps.  They did. 

LFO

Hall of Famer

#55 : September 28, 2009, 10:06:06 PM

Prior to UF going on probation FSU had 2 orange bowl losses in the 80/81, the only major bowl games besides 1971.  After UF went on probation, FSU went to 13 "BCS" bowls in 15 years. 

But yeah, no correlation there. 

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#56 : September 28, 2009, 11:23:33 PM

*sigh* ... This is my last post on this because A, you apparently get your rocks off by this lenghty back and forth stuff and B, you keep changing your stance until you weasel it around to your advantage. Here are the ORIGINAL statements by you that I was debating on and my final responses to them:

FSU finished in the top 20 5 times in the years immediately preceding the UF probation. IMO, that's on the college football map.

They weren't a major player before the ACC.

FSU finished in the top 5 5 times in the years immediately preceding their entry into the ACC. IMO, that's a major player.

Ciao.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#57 : September 28, 2009, 11:26:30 PM

lol

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#58 : September 28, 2009, 11:32:35 PM

ROTFLMAO

LFO

Hall of Famer

#59 : September 28, 2009, 11:33:41 PM

*sigh* ... This is my last post on this because A, you apparently get your rocks off by this lenghty back and forth stuff and B, you keep changing your stance until you weasel it around to your advantage. Here are the ORIGINAL statements by you that I was debating on and my final responses to them:

No, FSU came onto the map when UF went on probation and other sanctions (not that I am bragging about that lol).� Look at the records.�

FSU finished in the top 20 5 times in the years immediately preceding the UF probation. IMO, that's on the college football map.

They weren't a major player before the ACC.

FSU finished in the top 5 5 times in the years immediately preceding their entry into the ACC. IMO, that's a major player.

Ciao.

If you think FSU was a major player before UF went on probation, this discussion is over.  

They weren't.  The facts support that.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU - USF game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools