Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU - USF game « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 27, 2009, 09:19:59 PM

Or, USF fans should thank UF for embarrassing FSU enough to make recruits thinks twice about going to FSU.

LOL

LFO

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 27, 2009, 09:21:34 PM

Or, USF fans should thank UF for embarrassing FSU enough to make recruits thinks twice about going to FSU.

Is it not true though?

Think about it....
LOL

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 27, 2009, 09:22:26 PM

Is it not true though?

Think about it....
LOL

no

LFO

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 27, 2009, 09:23:57 PM

Is it not true though?

Think about it....
LOL

no

So UF helping make FSU a 2nd rate program, helping elevate USF into possibly #2 status in the state doesn't help recruiting for USF?

LOL.

That's funny.  Guys see UF trounce FSU every year and probably say hey, maybe I should go to USF instead. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 27, 2009, 09:28:09 PM

USF has improved their recruiting by going to and winning bowl games and by winning some high profile games not by UF beating FSU.   I doubt that has any influence at all on USF recruiting.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 27, 2009, 09:38:46 PM

USF has improved their recruiting by going to and winning bowl games and by winning some high profile games not by UF beating FSU.   I doubt that has any influence at all on USF recruiting.

Obviously, USF winning the ST. Pete bowl helps a little.

But I think you are kidding yourself if you think FSU being down (and getting trounced by UF in the process) does not help USF recruiting. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 27, 2009, 10:47:45 PM

FSU or Miami being down is one thing.  Losing to UF in and of itself ..... not really a factor.  Maybe UF "trouncing" FSU is a product or FSU being down ... hmmmmmmmmmm

LFO

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 27, 2009, 10:54:20 PM

FSU or Miami being down is one thing.  Losing to UF in and of itself ..... not really a factor.  Maybe UF "trouncing" FSU is a product or FSU being down ... hmmmmmmmmmm

The point was, UF beating FSU annually and showing they are an inferior program can only help USF. 

As long as FSU is not included in the same breath as UF it helps USF.

USF beating FSU goes further to reinforce that thought. 

Look man, I am a big USF advocate.  I have long said they are #2 in the state at this point.  I stand behind that.  Saturday further reinforced that. 

Congrats on the big win.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 27, 2009, 10:59:50 PM

Daniels proved what I think we already knew ...... FSU's defensive backs are AWFUL!   

He did well in the first half, but looked like a freshman in his first ever start in the 2nd half.

Although it's not an excuse for all the mistakes, BJ was cramping pretty bad in that second half. They were working on him in between series ....

I heard that.  Could have had some effect obviously, but he seemed to be showing the freshman jitters a little.

Nah... BJ grew up a Noles fan. I think he just took the pedal off the gas.  ;)

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 27, 2009, 11:04:09 PM

I don't think Bobby helped UF any.  In fact, since Bobby has arrived, UF has won more championships.[/b]

Um ... yeah, that was my point. In fact, it wasn't until Bobby arrived that UF won ANY championships.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#40 : September 27, 2009, 11:06:33 PM

I don't think Bobby helped UF any.  In fact, since Bobby has arrived, UF has won more championships.[/b]

Um ... yeah, that was my point. In fact, it wasn't until Bobby arrived that UF won ANY championships.

forget it BBB ... the college football universe revolves around Gainesville ......

LFO

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 27, 2009, 11:12:02 PM

UF was more relevant than FSU before Bobby arrived.  They will be after.  Bobby didn't make UF, but it could be argued UF made Bobby and FSU....

UF arguably had one in 84, if not for sanctions.  Then again, everyone back then was cheating UF was just the one to get caught....it happens. 

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 27, 2009, 11:17:35 PM

Is it not true though?

Think about it....
LOL

no

So UF helping make FSU a 2nd rate program, helping elevate USF into possibly #2 status in the state doesn't help recruiting for USF?

LOL.

That's funny.  Guys see UF trounce FSU every year and probably say hey, maybe I should go to USF instead. 

I'm not a recruiting geek but the only higher profile recruits that USF has gotten over the "Big 3" were those who chose the Bulls over UF and UM, no FSU that I can recall ...

LFO

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 27, 2009, 11:23:16 PM

Is it not true though?

Think about it....
LOL

no

LOL.

I'm not a recruiting geek but the only higher profile recruits that USF has gotten over the "Big 3" were those who chose the Bulls over UF and UM, no FSU that I can recall ...

I think that's a false statement...and even so, there is likely a REASON FSU wasn't in the discussion.....perhaps their poor play?

I know Giddens "chose" USF over UF, then again as I stated UF backed off for grades/scores...which was confirmed by his VERY late clearance from the NCAA.  I got ripped for that here by JD but it was true....he was a tossup to qualify. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#44 : September 27, 2009, 11:25:06 PM

Is it not true though?

Think about it....
LOL

no

LOL.

That's funny.? Guys see UF trounce FSU every year and probably say hey, maybe I should go to USF instead.?

he was a tossup to qualify.

not really, the questions had to be answered about online classes ... he was fine otherwise.  Now whether he can make the grade in school or not is another question.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU - USF game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools