Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Paranormal Activity" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: September 26, 2009, 06:44:43 PM

So this film is taking forever to come out. It was made in 2007 and it sort of got caught up in some dispute with the studios and got shelved for awhile. Now its being released limited. Word is that they may release it wide in a month or two if it does well.

Its sort of shot the same way that Blair Witch Project was shot...documentary style. It's about a young couple who think their house is haunted. So they set up cameras to try and record any activity that happens. You watch a lot of the scenes from the camera's perspective as it records what's happening.

Lots of people are saying its the scariest movie they have ever seen...

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 26, 2009, 06:46:21 PM

omg sounds pretty cool

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 27, 2009, 12:31:48 PM

I thought the Blair Witch concept was brilliant. But I hated the film.

I hope this scripted movie is better. I haven't been scared during a movie in forever.

I'll wait for normal people reviews.

DougTheGreat

Starter

#3 : September 27, 2009, 04:40:04 PM

Faker than Pamela Anderson

Booker

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 27, 2009, 04:44:11 PM

Uhh it is a movie....

DougTheGreat

Starter

#5 : September 27, 2009, 05:13:55 PM

Uhh it is a movie....

I understand, but there will always be people who think it's real. Just like they did with the BWP.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 28, 2009, 10:31:16 AM

Yeah that looks creepy as hell. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 29, 2009, 02:07:10 AM

It's scripted. And yes, some people will see it and not realize that. So what? If it entertains/scares them, that's all that matters.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 29, 2009, 09:32:05 PM

I thought the Blair Witch concept was brilliant. But I hated the film.

I hope this scripted movie is better. I haven't been scared during a movie in forever.

I'll wait for normal people reviews.

Exorcist is the last movie that scared me...it still creeps me out.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 30, 2009, 04:03:45 PM

Check out this alleged paranormal activity, via EVP...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2657764/Scary-ghost-in-tot-home-video.html

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#10 : October 03, 2009, 03:00:52 AM

Well, I just got home from seeing this movie, and I can't even describe it, I'm still frightened. The only other movie that has actually ever made sleeping difficult for me was The Exorcist. Without giving too much away, there are no mind-blowing special effects, state-of-the-art CGI animations, or unecessary amounts of gore; it just scares you.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 03, 2009, 10:40:23 AM

Well, I just got home from seeing this movie, and I can't even describe it, I'm still frightened. The only other movie that has actually ever made sleeping difficult for me was The Exorcist. Without giving too much away, there are no mind-blowing special effects, state-of-the-art CGI animations, or unecessary amounts of gore; it just scares you.

People said the same about Blair Witch. And that one bored me.

I'll wait for more reviews.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 05, 2009, 09:40:26 PM

Playing in Tampa now... may check it out eventually...

BucNative

Starter

#13 : October 06, 2009, 08:34:15 PM

Its funny that some of you say you were bored by the Blair Witch Project because that movie is literally the only movie that I've seen as an adult that made it difficult for me to sleep I was so shaken up by it.  And yes I knew it wasn't real when I saw it, but I still couldn't shake the feeling that I had seen something real. 

I think the reason I felt so shaken though was that when I was in High School (I went to Land O Lakes High) I was in the car with some friends and this girl was driving out to Hwy 52 to buy some weed.  We got out to 52 and after traveling on it for a few miles we turned right onto this dirt road and drove back into basically, BFE with no lights or anything until we got about a mile back and the dirt road turned to the right and there was a patch of about 4 trailer homes there and that was it.   My friend jumped out of the car and went up to the guy's trailer to get the weed.  (We didn't go in because apparently the guy was paranoid about having people he didn't know at his place)  Anyway, my friend Eric comes back to the car and my girl friend turns the car around and she ask's "How the hell do I get out of here?" 

Well, there was a road directly to our left heading back toward 52 as well as the original road we came in on that went up about 30-40 yards before that road turned to the left and also headed back toward 52.  So anyway, I say "well why don't you just take this road right here on our left?  That heads in the right direction."   So as soon as I say that the ENTIRE CAR of people simultaneously 'yells "NOOOOO, Don't go that way!"    Thinking that an odd reaction I of course ask why and this dude Eric tells me that they were out at this guys house buying weed some other night in some other guy's car and they took that road to get back to 52.  He said they went down the road for about 3/4 of a mile and there was a tire in the middle of the road with a road turning off to the right.  They figured it must be someone's private property back there so they turned on the road going right and went up about another 20 feet or so and there was another tire in the road.  So they were like "what?"  Well, then he proceeds to tell me that a bunch of people started coming out from the woods around them in black hoods with knives and chains and baseball bats and crap like that.  So basically he was telling me that this band of Satanist's were there and they started moving to surround the car.  This dude Kenny says he was driving and he just hit reverse and he said he thinks he might have killed one of them because the car did a big thump, thump as he rolled over someone while reversing and then they just got the hell out of there.

Now, I know it sounds too much to believe, but I do remember that anytime I would hear about crimes that were linked to Satanic activity it was always in the Dade City area which is out that way.  Stuff like grave robberies where certain bones had been taken that were used in Satanic ritual and things of that nature.  So that lent some creedence to their story, but also it was the way that everybody in the car reacted SIMULTANEOUSLY when they yelled No. 

Anyway, I believed they were telling me the truth and when I watched the Blair Witch Project I couldn't help but be shaken thinking I was watching these kids being hunted by a Satanic coven basically, and it shook me up.

The other funny thing is how I've heard SOOO many people tell me how they were so scared by The Exorcist.  I honestly wasn't that scared by that movie, but an intersting story, I did my 1st year of clinicals at the hospital in St. Louis where the exorcism that the film was based on actually took place.  That wing of the hospital had been torn down for about 2-3 years, but they did tell me that after that exorcism took place they locked that room and never opened it again until the demolition was about to start, due to the disturbing things that everyone involved with the exorcism had seen and experienced when it happened.  Interestingly, when they did finally open the door they found a play by play journal that had been kept by the priests young apprentice in the nightstand.

My General Psych teacher, who was also a proferssor of religious studies, told me about that, and we actually watched a Showtime documentary on that case in which they had interviewed my teacher, because he was somewhat of an expert on the case and actually taught a full semester course that you could take where the subject matter was just that one possession case being studied for the whole semester.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 07, 2009, 02:52:48 AM

Its funny that some of you say you were bored by the Blair Witch Project because that movie is literally the only movie that I've seen as an adult that made it difficult for me to sleep I was so shaken up by it.  And yes I knew it wasn't real when I saw it, but I still couldn't shake the feeling that I had seen something real.

I thought it was a great idea. But after knowing that it was scripted, it sucked. Crap camera work and nothing that scared me. And yes, I know the shaky-cam was on purpose.

I think you might scare easily if you knew it was fake and still got scared. Difficult to sleep? Poltergeist and The Exorcist are the only ones (that I can think of off the top of my head) that made me lose some sleep after I saw them in the theater.

Stop hanging out with Satanists. ;)

Interesting story on the Exorcist connection.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Paranormal Activity" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools