Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow down... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Randy1010

Starter

#15 : September 26, 2009, 10:09:57 PM

He has the damn flu, too.

Baller

Rookie

#16 : September 26, 2009, 11:19:28 PM

Guess Urban had no problem taking a bunch of sick players to Ky,to spread the stuff around,any thing to win right coach.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 26, 2009, 11:20:47 PM

Guess Urban had no problem taking a bunch of sick players to Ky,to spread the stuff around,any thing to win right coach.

Yeah, that's it....

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 26, 2009, 11:25:17 PM

ESPN has a boner. Tebow story every night for the next 7 days. Followed by a Matt Barkley is back on track after a solid victory over Wazzu.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 26, 2009, 11:27:42 PM

ESPN has a boner. Tebow story every night for the next 7 days. Followed by a Matt Barkley is back on track after a solid victory over Wazzu.

Man, your jealousy is pathetic.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 26, 2009, 11:30:09 PM

Man, your jealousy is pathetic.

nope I just laugh about it. I LOL at the ESPN commentators.

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#21 : September 27, 2009, 01:58:48 AM

LFO you really think Brantley can fill his shoes? I hope for Tebow's sake he is back.  LSU at night wouldn't be ideal for Brantley's first start. Although, I think we'd still be ok. I think you might want to rethink making such a bold statement as that. Just my 2 cents anyway.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 27, 2009, 10:18:17 AM

LFO you really think Brantley can fill his shoes? I hope for Tebow's sake he is back.  LSU at night wouldn't be ideal for Brantley's first start. Although, I think we'd still be ok. I think you might want to rethink making such a bold statement as that. Just my 2 cents anyway.

Nobody can fill his shoes.  Obviously he is a tremendous leader and outstanding player.  The team would be much different.  We'd probably throw the ball more.  At least this is what was said if Brantley would have started against Kentucky. 

With the way we are running the ball and playing defense, I don't think LSU would be a problem even with Brantley at QB.  The biggest issues would be more crowd and jitters than actual talent. 

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#23 : September 27, 2009, 10:22:21 AM

Up 4 scores in the 3rd quarter and leaving your starting QB in is a risky proposition. He is going tot ake shots.. and LFO that initial hit was hard and it would have knocked the wind out of him. The 2nd hit was the one that made him think he was with Elvis Presley but nonetheless if Meyer was trying to run up the score then the Gators got what they deserved.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 27, 2009, 10:28:09 AM

Up 4 scores in the 3rd quarter and leaving your starting QB in is a risky proposition. He is going tot ake shots.. and LFO that initial hit was hard and it would have knocked the wind out of him. The 2nd hit was the one that made him think he was with Elvis Presley but nonetheless if Meyer was trying to run up the score then the Gators got what they deserved.

4 scores in the 3rd is nothing. 

UF scored 31 in the first.  They finished with 41.  That is not running up the score no matter how you look at it. 

The first hit was hard, but nothing like he hadn't seen before. The hit falling down against the knee is what snapped his head forward and caused the damage.  It was a freak play. 

So they "got what the ydeserved" eh?  Shows your character, or lack there of. 

At some point as a player you have to get work in.  Tebow and UF needed to work on some things, in a  game, especially with  LSU looming.   There is nothing wrong with him being in there 31-7 halfway in the 3rd.  Tebow can't play a half or less every game and expect to get any work in. 

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 27, 2009, 10:34:13 AM

UF scored 31 in the first.  They finished with 41.  That is not running up the score no matter how you look at it. 

The first hit was hard, but nothing like he hadn't seen before. The hit falling down against the knee is what snapped his head forward and caused the damage.  It was a freak play. 

At some point as a player you have to get work in.  Tebow and UF needed to work on some things, in a  game, especially with  LSU looming.   There is nothing wrong with him being in there 31-7 halfway in the 3rd.  Tebow can't play a half or less every game and expect to get any work in. 
I said "if"... reading isn't your strong suit is it? Tebow needed to get work in??? I LOVE that. Yeah Tebow is a red shirt freshmen that hasn't seen ever defense in the SEC at least 2 times. Don't worry I am not insulting your squad, I am just openly wondering why Tebow is still in the game up 4 scores.. if any player needs work at that point it is Brantley.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 27, 2009, 10:41:20 AM

I said "if"... reading isn't your strong suit is it? Tebow needed to get work in??? I LOVE that. Yeah Tebow is a red shirt freshmen that hasn't seen ever defense in the SEC at least 2 times. Don't worry I am not insulting your squad, I am just openly wondering why Tebow is still in the game up 4 scores.. if any player needs work at that point it is Brantley.

I guess they should just yank Tebow after the first quarter?  Would that have been appropriate?  Maybe he just should never play, unless they NEED him.

Yes, even Tebow needs work in.  If you hadn't noticed, UF is breaking in many new WR.  Do you not think it is important for him to develop a rapport with them?  The one **CENSORED** this year has been the passing game, particularly the WR as many have been injured.  Even great players have to stay in games and get work in.  It was UF's first possession of the 3rd quarter that series.  I am guessing if UF scores there Tebow's night would have been over.  I don't think it was wrong or "running it up" for him to take a series after the half. 

LFO

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 27, 2009, 10:54:06 AM

Colt McCoy was in the game 3rd quarter with 50 on the board, anyone screaming? 

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 27, 2009, 10:56:28 AM

I would be pissed if I was a Texas fan ESPECIALLY after seeing UTEP take cheap shots at KU a few weeks back. Look you're going to defend Meyer and the Gators to no end, so we will just leave it at that.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 27, 2009, 10:58:41 AM

I would be pissed if I was a Texas fan ESPECIALLY after seeing UTEP take cheap shots at KU a few weeks back. Look you're going to defend Meyer and the Gators to no end, so we will just leave it at that.

I just don't see a problem with a QB in the first series after the half, up 31-7 in a SEC league game.  If Ole Piss had Snead in same scenario and he got hurt, I wouldn't say Nutt was dumb.  Injuries can happen at any time. 
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow down... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools