Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow down... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 27, 2009, 11:13:26 AM

FTR, It was the second series for Florida's offense with 4:00 left in the third quarter when Tebow was sacked.

I have absolutely no problem with him being in the game at that point.  Brantley probably would have been in for the 4th anyway.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 27, 2009, 11:18:35 AM

FTR, It was the second series for Florida's offense with 4:00 left in the third quarter when Tebow was sacked.

I have absolutely no problem with him being in the game at that point.  Brantley probably would have been in for the 4th anyway.

I thought it was first, but knew it was about 10 minutes in.  But you're right, I forgot they had a brief 4 play series early that lasted about 2 minutes.  I think Urban was trying to get a solid series in before pulling Tebow.  They had been kind of stagnant the last few series prior. 

His final series started with 8:23 on the clock.  So to that point, Tebow had played 2 1/2 quarters.  I don't think him getting 1 more series in up 31-7 halfway to the 3rd was bad.  And obviously, he was going to finish the series. 

Watching the replay of the game this morning, I'm trying to figure out how Hernandez was flagged for holding.....if that doesn't happen, we aren't talking here.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 27, 2009, 11:30:06 AM

The holding call was complete B/S.

Please don't tattle on me for implied swearing.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 27, 2009, 11:32:02 AM

The holding call was complete B/S.

Please don't tattle on me for implied swearing.

Pathetic.

Have a good day Biggs, I'm off to the game now.  Leave something sweet for me to come home to.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 27, 2009, 11:48:06 AM

Didn't see the game, heard it on the radio, but my thought when the 3rd started was time for Brantley. No reason to risk injuries considering UF's D had utterly and completely shut UK down.

In the first 2 games, Brantley came in on the 2nd or third possession of Q3. Not just to protect Tebow, but Meyer wants Brantley to get as many snaps as possible to get him ready for next year. 

Randy1010

Starter

#35 : September 27, 2009, 05:10:55 PM

Up 4 scores in the 3rd quarter and leaving your starting QB in is a risky proposition. He is going tot ake shots.. and LFO that initial hit was hard and it would have knocked the wind out of him. The 2nd hit was the one that made him think he was with Elvis Presley but nonetheless if Meyer was trying to run up the score then the Gators got what they deserved.
You clearly suck.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 27, 2009, 05:13:07 PM

Didn't see the game, heard it on the radio, but my thought when the 3rd started was time for Brantley. No reason to risk injuries considering UF's D had utterly and completely shut UK down.

In the first 2 games, Brantley came in on the 2nd or third possession of Q3. Not just to protect Tebow, but Meyer wants Brantley to get as many snaps as possible to get him ready for next year. 

First 2 games were Charleston Southern and Troy.  This was an SEC Opponent and Kentucky. Tebow needed to be in, to develop some rapport with his young core.  Nothing wrong there.'

We wouldn't get anywhere with him hardly playing.  It was a freak injury, you can't game plan around the thought of an injury. 

Randy1010

Starter

#37 : September 27, 2009, 05:16:24 PM

And the coaches would be hard pressed to keep Tebow out. You know He wants to play all the time.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 27, 2009, 05:17:57 PM

And the coaches would be hard pressed to keep Tebow out. You know He wants to play all the time.

Which is another issue.  Tebow being in 2nd series in the 3rd up 31-7 is not a huge deal.  We do need to get some things done offensively. 

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 27, 2009, 05:58:59 PM

The Kentucky fans (and some players even) were cheering.

I don't care how much I dislike any team or player cheering about a guy getting hurt is bush league. 

I sincerely doubt any KY players were cheering because he was hurt ...

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 27, 2009, 06:52:34 PM

Yes, even Tebow needs work in.  If you hadn't noticed, UF is breaking in many new WR.  Do you not think it is important for him to develop a rapport with them?  The one **CENSORED** this year has been the passing game, particularly the WR as many have been injured.  Even great players have to stay in games and get work in.

There were 12 plays prior to the sack. 11 were runs and one pass to Hernandez .... is he new? Obviously with all those runs the Urbmeister didn't appear to be running up the score but to question why the starter was still in there is a pretty legitimate question ...

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 27, 2009, 06:58:38 PM

I disagree. Anybody question why McCoy has played the first 3 quarters in their entirety in every blowout game they've played?

It could be the nonsense BCS style points or it could be that Meyer wanted his team to get into an offensive groove or maybe they wanted to test different plays before LSU or maybe he just wanted to let Tebow play because Tebow likes to play?

It's over. Everytime a player goes down everyone has to say "why was he in if we were up by so much". Who cares? Move on. Focus on the future.

The questions should be Can Brantley go into LSU on a national stage and win? Will the rest of the team step it up? Is LSU overrated? Can LSU score on UF's defense?

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 27, 2009, 07:37:06 PM

It's over. Everytime a player goes down everyone has to say "why was he in if we were up by so much". Who cares? Move on. Focus on the future.

Come on, man .... Where would message boards be if everyone had that attitude .... vast wastelands, that's where.

The questions should be Can Brantley go into LSU on a national stage and win? Will the rest of the team step it up? Is LSU overrated? Can LSU score on UF's defense?

Is he definitely out?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 27, 2009, 08:42:15 PM

No word yet but I can't imagine he'd be ready to go. That was one of the worst concussion hits I've seen. I don't see how he would shake it off in 2 weeks. I hope Meyer is smart enough to prepare his gameplan with Brantley in mind.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 27, 2009, 09:13:06 PM

Yes, even Tebow needs work in.  If you hadn't noticed, UF is breaking in many new WR.  Do you not think it is important for him to develop a rapport with them?  The one **CENSORED** this year has been the passing game, particularly the WR as many have been injured.  Even great players have to stay in games and get work in.

There were 12 plays prior to the sack. 11 were runs and one pass to Hernandez .... is he new? Obviously with all those runs the Urbmeister didn't appear to be running up the score but to question why the starter was still in there is a pretty legitimate question ...

How many runs were Tebow?

The fact is, the offense needs to play and be on the field. 

I am fairly certain Urban isn't the only one who would have his starter in at QB, up 31-7, with 8 minutes to go in the 3rd to start a drive.  Especially after the UF offense had been shutout for 1 1/2 quarters. 

Troy was beating LSU by about 30 last year in the 4th quarter.  Troy lost. 
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow down... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools