Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can someone please tell me how hard it is to implement this playoff system? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 07, 2010, 01:52:31 PM

Seriously, when have you heard anyone dog about not making an 8 team playoff?

You certainly wouldn't get complaints from any conference championship loser in one of the Big 6 conferences.

Would Boise St and TCU complain since they would be in?

Who would complain? 

Keep in mind with such a set up you have 12 teams plus 2 in the playoffs.

I'm not arguing with your system.  In fact, it's by far the best post you have ever had on this board.  But the fact remains that the #9 and #10 teams would whine for not being #8.  That's just the way it is.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 07, 2010, 10:26:14 PM

The only way a playoff will work will be :

1  Each BCS conference have 12 teams and a championship game

2. Removal of the 12 th game

3. A  8 team playoff following the championship game at the home of the higher seed in December

4. Losers still are bowl eligible

5. Utilize two bowl games on New years for semi finals  with Finals the following weekend.

6. Make all conference championship losers ineligible for an at large bid. ( This will encourage a better SOS for any conference that has more than a couple very good teams and would give a one  loss team  in a major conference to get an at large shot if they didn't get in the conference championship game.)

There you have it.   No one would ever play more than a 15 game schedule.  Regular season would mean more than ever.

Put Notre Dame in Big 11.    Add Utah and BYU to Pac 10     Add East Carolina , UCF, Memphis and USM to Big East.

You still have 2 at  large chances for any deserving team. BCS or otherwise

Bowls stay the same with far more captivating and attractive match ups.

Win your conference championship you are in.   Win a bunch of games against stout competition and you might make the final 2 slots.  Everything decided on the field not in the voting booth.

I like it. It would address the 2008 Texas problem (they got shut out of the Big 12 CG) and BSU and TCU would get one of the at large (this year).

they big problem is selling it. Notre Dame doesn't want to join any conference (and share their TV $$$) and all the Bowls not involved will gripe about having their thunder stolen (playoffs are taking interest away from the Meinke car care bowl for instance).

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can someone please tell me how hard it is to implement this playoff system? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools