Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ROLL TIDE! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
: October 21, 2009, 02:53:38 PM

Saban said it's so the kicker knows where the ball will be spotted, FWIW.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 21, 2009, 02:46:36 PM

Obviously there is an advantage or they wouldn't do it.
do you understand said advantage? I don't, not in this.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 21, 2009, 02:39:05 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4580985

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4582664

Nicky, you play fair and stop cheating. Stevie, stop whining No one like a tattle tale. If you two can't play nice together I'll send you both to your rooms!

Kids!
Seems like a non-factor, most teams do it anyway. I don't see the advantage or the disadvantage.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 21, 2009, 02:41:56 PM

Obviously there is an advantage or they wouldn't do it.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 21, 2009, 02:22:01 PM

Nicky, you play fair and stop cheating. Stevie, stop whining No one like a tattle tale. If you two can't play nice together I'll send you both to your rooms!

Kids!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 21, 2009, 02:14:13 PM

I don't think Tenn. will give them problems. SC>UT

Florida also exposed LSU's weakness to the run. Ingram may set a new personal record against the Tigers.

As a Gator fan, Bama scares me more every damn week.

Thank you, someone watched the game and saw one, yes one big play from SC and then on top of that stupid little mistakes that kept this from a blowout game!

Bama's d is the best in the country, im convinced, without arenas tonight, and without hightower. They looked good, and know that South Carolina is a good team. I love Noorwood and he will be a top 15 pick.

that is all
crap........ Bama's D is as good a d as we have seen in the last decade........ Posibly more.

Bama's D will more than likely shut down the Tebow run game.  And considering the Gaytors can't really push the ball downfield, they're in trouble.  If Arkansas was able to run and throw on Florida, then McElory and Ingram should have a field day.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Bama totally dominate Florida.

Ark wasn't able to throw on Florida. Mallett was 12/27 less than 50% and only 224 yards, 1/3rd of which were on one play.

Ark was able to run on Florida without Spikes. A healthy Spikes would cut those numbers down.

Florida's biggest problem this year is the inability to attack deep down field. If Deonte Thompson can stop dropping balls and get back to 100% health (which he should) that will improve the passing game somewhat. Will it be enough against Bama? We won't know till December.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 21, 2009, 01:54:26 PM

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 21, 2009, 12:48:52 PM

I don't think Tenn. will give them problems. SC>UT

Florida also exposed LSU's weakness to the run. Ingram may set a new personal record against the Tigers.

As a Gator fan, Bama scares me more every damn week.

Thank you, someone watched the game and saw one, yes one big play from SC and then on top of that stupid little mistakes that kept this from a blowout game!

Bama's d is the best in the country, im convinced, without arenas tonight, and without hightower. They looked good, and know that South Carolina is a good team. I love Noorwood and he will be a top 15 pick.

that is all
crap........ Bama's D is as good a d as we have seen in the last decade........ Posibly more.

Bama's D will more than likely shut down the Tebow run game.  And considering the Gaytors can't really push the ball downfield, they're in trouble.  If Arkansas was able to run and throw on Florida, then McElory and Ingram should have a field day.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Bama totally dominate Florida.

biffbeaumont

Starter

#8 : September 27, 2009, 11:13:57 AM

Great game yesterday against Arkansas!  McElroy looks more comfortable every game and the defense is scary. That wildcat reverse TD to Jones was awesome!   Sucks about Hightower though.....ROLL TIDE!

http://blog.al.com/press-register-sports/2009/09/tide_blows_up_hogs_mcelroy_thr.html

LFO

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 27, 2009, 11:26:40 AM

Bama looks scary good.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 27, 2009, 01:12:40 PM

It's deffiantly nice not to have Jon Parker Wilson back there anymore.

McElroy looks like a legit NFL QB.

The running game stalled near the begging og the game but picked up towards the end of the 2nd quarter.

Did anyone see when Cody lined up at FB??????

The dude took out the entire section of the field! I've never seen such an open walk to the endzone.
(1:51) of the video

ROLL TIDE!!!

biffbeaumont

Starter

#11 : September 27, 2009, 01:16:06 PM

Hey Herc....haven't seen ya on here in awhile. Yea, it's really good to have McElroy looking this poised. I was a little worried that first game, but he looked solid in this one. I was laughing because the TV announcer was saying how we needed to get our running game going and next play our rb runs about 40  yards into the endzone!

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 27, 2009, 01:32:27 PM

I turned in the game just a few minutes before the announcer said that and I watch the same run and just laugh  :D

Alabama is the real deal. Terrance Cody is huge I wouldn't mind at all us trading down a couple picks and picking up this guy if he declares.

Ole Miss will get smack downed next week. The tide is strong and were rolling on!

biffbeaumont

Starter

#13 : September 27, 2009, 01:36:32 PM

I turned in the game just a few minutes before the announcer said that and I watch the same run and just laugh  :D

Alabama is the real deal. Terrance Cody is huge I wouldn't mind at all us trading down a couple picks and picking up this guy if he declares.

Ole Miss will get smack downed next week. The tide is strong and were rolling on!

You got it! I look forward to Saturdays now more than Sundays......Do you think Hightower is done for the year?

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 27, 2009, 01:41:27 PM

I sure hope not, but the injury didn't look good.

http://alabama.scout.com/2/903410.html
"Ordinarily, media would not have the opportunity to speak with Alabama Coach Nick Saban until noon Monday at his regular briefing. We have asked for information on Dont'a Hightower today if possible, but we don't know when or if that report will come.

Everything about the manner in which the injury was handled in Alabama's 35-7 win over Arkansas Saturday indicated that the damage was torn ACL, and perhaps more. Under most circumstances, that would be a season-ending injury.

'BAMA Magazine is going to have a feature story on Hightower in the November issue, which will be out in a few weeks. It is the nature magazine deadlines and of football injuries that occasionally a story appears in the magazine after a player has been lost for the year. That doesn't take away from the story of an excellent player.

As soon as we are notified of the Hightower situation, we will share that information with you."

If it is serious I'm still confident it won't affect us servilely. He's a great player but our defense is one strong unit.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ROLL TIDE! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools