Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden and Polarization « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: October 24, 2007, 04:31:37 PM

You like losing. You probably wouldn't trade for Chad Johnson because you feel he wouldn't mesh with Gruden. Who DOES mesh with Gruden? Wow, one pick for you to boast about. While I'd like to believe that Allen/Gruden knew he'd be a stud, it's hard for me to think anything other than it was luck. By the way, watching Ruud push CJ into the endzone on Sunday made me wonder where he was to make the tackle earlier on his side of the field?

Who's losing? Are the Bucs losing? Now you're taking shots a Ruud, good lord you're the biggest cheddar**CENSORED**....ever.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 24, 2007, 04:36:07 PM

Who DOES mesh with Gruden?

He has kids so I'd guess his wife.

Don't want to see any players ''meshing'' with Gru.  Just want them playing good ball, football that is.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 24, 2007, 03:27:13 PM

Another quality point, troll.  That Tanard Jackson sucks and we should just go ahead and cut Gaines because he has no future.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 24, 2007, 03:23:14 PM

Bruce could use some insight on the draft.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 24, 2007, 03:20:52 PM

What insight...you are smart.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 24, 2007, 03:14:27 PM

I love the way Bruce talks to the media and answers their stupid questions smugly.

I love the way Bruce talks to the media and answers their stupid questions smugly while the team keeps losing and his job's on the line.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 24, 2007, 04:27:12 PM

You like losing. You probably wouldn't trade for Chad Johnson because you feel he wouldn't mesh with Gruden. Who DOES mesh with Gruden? Wow, one pick for you to boast about. While I'd like to believe that Allen/Gruden knew he'd be a stud, it's hard for me to think anything other than it was luck. By the way, watching Ruud push CJ into the endzone on Sunday made me wonder where he was to make the tackle earlier on his side of the field?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 24, 2007, 04:29:48 PM

Right again, Troll, Ruud sucks too.  You are on a roll today, my troll friend.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 24, 2007, 02:49:41 PM

"Dr. Stroud" that was classic BA

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 24, 2007, 02:44:07 PM

I love the way Bruce talks to the media and answers their stupid questions smugly.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 24, 2007, 12:17:19 PM

Cotton - I think he was referencing fans rather than media.  I can say the media in this town is less in quality and support than other locations around the country that I am familiar with. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 24, 2007, 12:14:11 PM

ut - I don't think the premise is any different with Tampa fans than fans of any other City.

Well I am sure he's talking about the Bay area just because he knows it the best, or it may be the only sports town he's dealt with?

But I can say that he makes a valid point.  I'll put my experiences living in other sports towns:

It's not like that in Atlanta.  ATL has great sports radio, IMO.  They seem to be pretty fair with their outlook on local and national teams.  As a result, you have some pretty smart and loyal fans up there.  They (the fans) stuck with Vick for a while.  They supported him all the way up to this year, a lot of them, while I (and a few others) have been saying he's not the answer to the Falcons' problems, rather the instigator.  But no, he's their QB and in my opinion they stuck with him for the most part.  Mind you, it wasn't a blind following.  Most of them realized that Vick was no good a while earlier, but they still pretty much supported him, and never really pressured Mora to start Schaub.

But in Jacksonville it is MUCH worse than it is in Tampa.  They had been calling for Leftwich's head ever since his first incompletion.  When Garrard lost his first game, they were calling for Gray.  After the game on Monday, they wanted MATT JONES to come in and start throwing!  They can only sell out their stadium when it's a MNF game, or when it's deep in the season and everyone sees that they're winning.  And the sports radio?  Unbearable.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 24, 2007, 11:21:37 AM

PS:

This was a great well stated DISCUSSION by all involved.  I learned something from it and I
got to understand various points of view.

Thank you and congrats to y'all. 

Ladyfan
( i.e. the Lady and the Fan)

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 24, 2007, 11:18:53 AM

I'm discovering that in a large part, thats the difference between college fans and pro fans.  I didn't come from a college with a sports program that was any good so I really didn't understand the fierce loyalty until I decided to root for Florida teams.  Now I get it and love it.  Pro sports is not about the same kind of loyalty to players, teams or coaches.  It's about parity and dollars.  At any time any year your team could have it or lose it. So people jump all around year to year rooting for what is THEIR winning combination of the variables of teams, players, GM, coaches and franchise history.   It makes for a very tenuous fan base and I'm just now beginning to understand it all.

I guess that's just the way it is.

For some of us however, its our team and coach to win no matter what.  To me, that's a whole lot more fun.  

Be a believer!

dodda45

Starter
#14 : October 24, 2007, 11:13:44 AM

Great post...Here we are getting off to a much better start than expected with lots of injuries and we get constantly bombarded on this board with anti-Gruden stuff...I just get sick of posting...Actually, this is my first post in a while I think...Who wants to come to a board after a gutsy win over the Titans and hear more crap...or even worse...see "fans" rejoice in mistake-ridden loss against the Lions...
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden and Polarization « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools