Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden and Polarization « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

« #30 : October 23, 2007, 06:37:21 PM »

I think that many Bucs fans are low class to be honest. Tim Brown was right.

Its bad that a RAIDER lifer comes to TB one season and says we are low class

bucs8ball

Starter

« #31 : October 23, 2007, 07:10:51 PM »

The one thing I don't get about the so-called "Gruden Haters" is who do they think will come in and do better. Let's be honest, you have two types of coaches out there: unproven and retreads (except for maybe Cowher). I would suggest that the reason Cowher was so successful in Pittsburgh was that the owners left him alone for all those years through the cycles that are the NFL.

As far as I'm concerned, Jon Gruden is the only Super Bowl coach in Buccaneers history.  That's a fact.  The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. These same "fans" calling for Gruden's head would be the same ones to turn on a new coach for not doing it fast enough, or not draft the guy at the top of their "board." Like Marley said, there were plenty of so-called fans trying to run Dungy out of town his last year here.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #32 : October 23, 2007, 05:30:48 PM »

the hatred for Gruden makes me vomit in my mouth constantly. It's freaking stupid how low-budget some of these "fans" are. Here's a quote from Gruden after the SB "I knew I was coming into a sensitive situation" "Tony Dungy did a great job, I reaped a lot of his benefits. But I'm the coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, I'm wearing the hat of a world champion, and I'm going to enjoy it."

The dude has been nothing but gracious to Dungy yet all these clowns make him out to be the devil. I almost feel bad for him, he wins a SB and gets no respect, AT ALL for it. Like he did nothing to bring that trophy here, it's disgusitng. Again, makes me vomit in my mouth all day long.

It's been a tough road since that time, no question, but to take personal shots at the guy like he's the anti-christ just isn't right.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #33 : October 23, 2007, 06:17:10 PM »

I think that many Bucs fans are low class to be honest. Tim Brown was right.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

« #34 : October 23, 2007, 06:03:26 PM »

I think there are some posters on here who want to see the Bucs lose so Gruden can get fired. There is no way these can be true Bucs fans. You can but up a cardboard standup for a coach and I will always pull for the Bucs.

The same was going on in as the 2001 playoffs started.  I recall hearing some Buc "fans" wanting the Bucs to get crushed by the Eagles in order to force a HC change from Dungy. 

As much as I may want change, I just can't see going against my loyalty and going against them. 

BigRTM

Starter

« #35 : October 23, 2007, 04:38:25 PM »

As most of us are I am a Buc fan as well. Tampa native for 27 years. Now I have been on this message board for a few years (more active in the Gruden era) and I don't post frequently but I do read it and it just seems that the opinion of Jon Gruden has just created an unbelievably polarizing effect among Buc fans, more than usual. Maybe it's just me but it seems more deep than just normal opinion.

As for me I am neutral towards Gruden himself and don't really care who the coach is, I just want to see the Bucs do well. I know not any of us will agree on every facet of the Bucs with each other but we (hopefully) do all have the same feeling: we want the Bucs to succeed.

BP1

Pro Bowler

« #36 : October 23, 2007, 04:48:28 PM »

I think there are some posters on here who want to see the Bucs lose so Gruden can get fired. There is no way these can be true Bucs fans. You can but up a cardboard standup for a coach and I will always pull for the Bucs.

Big_MAC_Buc

Starter
« #37 : October 23, 2007, 07:30:33 PM »

Gruden is not polarizing. Certain limp wrists in the local media who fancy themselves as experts are the polarizing catalysts. The more they screw up the more they claim Gruden is polarizing. If they can get you to buy that they figure they can get you to forget how bad they are as journalists. So far it seems to have worked with a good segment of the fans.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma  made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. --Umberto Eco

« #38 : October 23, 2007, 07:16:00 PM »

no doubt Gruden is a polarizing figure. You either love him or you hate him, there is no in between. I dont understand it, but then again I love the guy

UnderwearGnome

Second String

« #39 : October 23, 2007, 04:43:29 PM »

As most of us are I am a Buc fan as well. Tampa native for 27 years. Now I have been on this message board for a few years (more active in the Gruden era) and I don't post frequently but I do read it and it just seems that the opinion of Jon Gruden has just created an unbelievably polarizing effect among Buc fans, more than usual. Maybe it's just me but it seems more deep than just normal opinion.

As for me I am neutral towards Gruden himself and don't really care who the coach is, I just want to see the Bucs do well. I know not any of us will agree on every facet of the Bucs with each other but we (hopefully) do all have the same feeling: we want the Bucs to succeed.

Bring back Richard Williamson, his offense was much more exciting !

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
« #40 : October 24, 2007, 12:18:41 PM »

Cotton - I think he was referencing fans rather than media.  I can say the media in this town is less in quality and support than other locations around the country that I am familiar with. 

Yeah, that's why I touched on both...
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden and Polarization « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools