Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why is Raheem a bad coach - specifically? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Badabing

Hall of Famer

: September 27, 2009, 05:08:01 PM

A coach is responsible for his team.

I personally think Morris doesn't do anything, like many coaches in the NFL.  Your O coordinator runs the offense.  Your D coordinator runs the defense.  It's just people want to point the finger, and you do that at the guy in charge.

Just like the President of the United States.  I surely hope, and I have my doubts, that a majority of Americans know that the President isn't the only guy in charge in Washington.

I didnt think Gruden was to blame for the collaspe last year, but if he is going to be held accountable, you have to treat Raheem the same way.(well you dont have to..but if you want to be reasonable)

and as I agree that the lack of talent on this team is pressing, let's remember that Gruden has posted winning seasons 3 out of the last 4 seasons with this team.  And even during our collaspe, the team was actually competing..

so that tells me that with decent coaching, this team has some hope.  The team is undiscplined and the penalties are another problem.  Like I said, it's the players on the field playing the game, but the coach is the one responsible.  That goes for all sports too...nothing new there...

LifeLongBucsFan

Second String

#1 : September 27, 2009, 05:07:26 PM

Specifically?  You've got to be kidding... the man cannot judge any talent, and he does not have ANY skills required of a Head Coach.  He's too much of a buddy with the players.... He needs to be a coach and honestly evaluate talent and teach.  This team will NEVER, EVER win with Morris as HC.

BUCINRIGHT

Rookie

#2 : September 27, 2009, 05:06:55 PM

Like I said in another thread even during the Gruden 5-11 and 4-12 years, we were in almost every game, and only lost by 3-7 points.  A few calls go our ways we get more wins.  We also had our defense that kept us in the game, and could turn it around at any time.  We were not getting destroyed in all phases of the game.  Game one we did well offensively, but now by game 3 teams have film on us, I fear we can be whipped in most of our games this year.  Raheem makes bad decisions, and doesn't make adjustments like other coaches do.  Also Lefty is starting next week Morris already said.

Cleanupman

Starter

#3 : September 27, 2009, 05:04:20 PM

raheem is not a bad coach but if he starts leftwich next week he's got to go man leftwich is what is killing this team right now if we start josh johnson or even freeman we are way better off.

3drdre

Starter

#4 : September 27, 2009, 05:02:00 PM

I really don't see what all the fuss is about. We all expected Tampa to start out 1-3 or 0-4. How do you guys expect to compete with the NY Giants?

If you are going to say a coach is really bad, at least say why and don't say "Because we are losing."

It doesn't matter who is the head coach - this team doesn't have the talent on defense or the quarterback to win. There was nothing Raheem or Dominik could have done other than draft a franchise QB.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#5 : September 27, 2009, 05:11:00 PM

Bring Gruden back!...Tied of this Rah Rah experiment...what a joke

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#6 : September 27, 2009, 05:12:10 PM

Was on field behind bucs bench today...this team is in shambles,....Rah has no control over this team

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 27, 2009, 05:12:32 PM

#1 His choice to start BL.
#2 Strung out the "QB battle" far too long.
#3 His choice of backup QB's have a total of two years on the field.
#4 Lack of getting the team hyped.
#5 Some bad playcalls here and there.
#6 Pretends the defense isn't even there.
#7 Needs to get into some faces. Too nice.
#8 Fired his OC 10 days before season started.
#9 His experiment with MLB.
#10 Letting go of all the "old farts" with no one to replace them with.

Need a few more? Honestly, I think it's not all his fault and that he could become a good HC still, but it REALLY isn't working right now.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 27, 2009, 05:13:51 PM

We're 0-3 that is the measure and definition of a bad coach. There is no other measure you need.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#9 : September 27, 2009, 05:14:58 PM

I should ask...how is Raheem a good coach? Hahaha..try answering that!

bucwildfan

Starter

#10 : September 27, 2009, 05:16:14 PM

A coach is responsible for his team.

I personally think Morris doesn't do anything, like many coaches in the NFL.  Your O coordinator runs the offense.  Your D coordinator runs the defense.  It's just people want to point the finger, and you do that at the guy in charge.

Just like the President of the United States.  I surely hope, and I have my doubts, that a majority of Americans know that the President isn't the only guy in charge in Washington.

I didnt think Gruden was to blame for the collaspe last year, but if he is going to be held accountable, you have to treat Raheem the same way.(well you dont have to..but if you want to be reasonable)

and as I agree that the lack of talent on this team is pressing, let's remember that Gruden has posted winning seasons 3 out of the last 4 seasons with this team.  And even during our collaspe, the team was actually competing..

so that tells me that with decent coaching, this team has some hope.  The team is undiscplined and the penalties are another problem.  Like I said, it's the players on the field playing the game, but the coach is the one responsible.  That goes for all sports too...nothing new there...

Agreed good post

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 27, 2009, 05:33:43 PM

We're 0-3 that is the measure and definition of a bad coach. There is no other measure you need.

qft.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

#12 : September 27, 2009, 05:34:59 PM

Raheem Morris is a lover not a fighter!

#13 : September 27, 2009, 05:37:21 PM

THIS is why he is a bad coach:     our offense only had 86 total yards today.  more than half of them came against the Giant's 3rd string defense.  but those poor stats weren't from player mistakes.   We only had 1 turnover.   they sacked us ZERO times.  and we only had 5 penalties in the entire game.   With those stats, youd think we would have shut THEM out.   But if it wasn't turnovers, sacks or penalties, THEN WHAT WAS IT?   Why could we only muster 35 total yards in 54 minutes, and 86 yards for the entire game?

Ill tell you.  It was the most poorly coached, and  worst executed game in NFL history.  Our players were unorganized, lazy, and unmotivated to play football.   We're a team of scrubs with a scrub head coach.   That's why Rah Morris is a bad coach.  There is too much DB love, and not enough motivation.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 27, 2009, 05:40:36 PM

His team is non competitive.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why is Raheem a bad coach - specifically? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools