Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alstott not a sure thing « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#120 : February 21, 2007, 06:56:14 AM

Thanks Mike for a lot of memories. Time to move on. Best of luck.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#121 : February 21, 2007, 07:49:40 AM

FB is not an issue for the Bucs. Wether Mike comes back or not is not important. BUt if he comes back, so be it.

I am more sick of the guys who can't stand the guys who support him, than I am of the guys who homerize him myself.

Just so he doesn't eat up a ton of cap space, I am not going to feel ripped off. Neither should you.

He was the least of the worries on the team, considering the amount of touches he had...gimme a break dudes.

Agreed Boid.  I don't think it's about his ability anymore to be a runner.  Hell we know he's not going to get touches.  His blocking has improved to the point where he's not a liability in the running game.  So if he's willing to continue in this role and we can't find some one to beat him out let him play...In no way does it suck to have #40 on your team...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#122 : February 21, 2007, 09:12:28 AM

I am more sick of the guys who can't stand the guys who support him, than I am of the guys who homerize him myself.

First let me say that I want him to return, simply because he's cheap and still has something to bring to the table.
On this statment, I think the issue is most Alstott groupies fall into the, "give Mike the ball", "Gruden's ego is too big", "Gruden's an idiot for not using Mike more", "the running game would be more effective if Mike got the ball more" which really is where the riff comes in.

I love Mike and think he could be used more effectively but I'm not going to sit and blast Gruden for it. He has his reasons......

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#123 : February 21, 2007, 10:57:48 AM

First let me say that I want him to return, simply because he's cheap and still has something to bring to the table.
On this statment, I think the issue is most Alstott groupies fall into the, "give Mike the ball", "Gruden's ego is too big", "Gruden's an idiot for not using Mike more", "the running game would be more effective if Mike got the ball more" which really is where the riff comes in.

I love Mike and think he could be used more effectively but I'm not going to sit and blast Gruden for it. He has his reasons......

There's only a riff if you get into an emotional discussion with one of those zealots.... ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

skip

Starter

#124 : February 21, 2007, 02:24:46 PM

Alstott was still our best fullback, I think he has alot left in the tank.
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alstott not a sure thing « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools