Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alstott not a sure thing « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#30 : February 18, 2007, 06:08:47 PM

I guess I'm one of the few that advocates Mike coming back...bummer...
Me, too.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 18, 2007, 06:09:18 PM

I know and I know my opinion on this topic is not the popular one. But you know me. I'm an old school guy.  Love Mike for what he does on and off the field.  I would be jealous to see him in any other color that Pewter and Red

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#32 : February 18, 2007, 06:09:48 PM

Then just let him retire.

#33 : February 18, 2007, 06:11:11 PM

I like Mike, who doesn't  ???, and he can still play a part if the contract is sensible.  The main reason I don't think he should come back is because Gruden doesn't use him properly/enough.

Bottom line, Mike decides when he retires.

#34 : February 18, 2007, 06:11:39 PM

I know and I know my opinion on this topic is not the popular one. But you know me. I'm an old school guy.  Love Mike for what he does on and off the field.  I would be jealous to see him in any other color that Pewter and Red

I don't want to see that either but his better days have passed him by. Based strictly from his on-field play, i think we could find someone much better and pay him less $$.

#35 : February 18, 2007, 06:12:07 PM

I know and I know my opinion on this topic is not the popular one. But you know me. I'm an old school guy.  Love Mike for what he does on and off the field.  I would be jealous to see him in any other color that Pewter and Red

I don't want to see that either but his better days have passed him by. Based strictly from his on-field play, i think we could find someone much better and pay him less $$.
Exactly.

#36 : February 18, 2007, 06:12:34 PM

Where'd that come from?

Larry Brackins

Starter
#37 : February 18, 2007, 06:14:20 PM

Glad to hear Gruden is finally ready to make a stand and not welcome Alstott back. We all know he's wanted him gone for awhile now.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

gone

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 18, 2007, 06:15:51 PM

If he can earn it welcome back.  But he's got so much leverage with his popularity that he'd be back even if he didn't earn it if he wanted to.  He's adequate at best as a blocker.  I'd rather see us work hard to get a great blocker than keep a once great power back that hasn't been that great recently.

#39 : February 18, 2007, 06:16:38 PM

I look at it this way.  Mike is a true Buc--he's here not for the money but for the love of the sport and of the Bucs.  He will sit on the bench til his number is called and will be in 110% on every play he is in. People do not like Mike because fans want to see more of him not because of his desire to play and contribute to the team.  I say if he wants to play here in 07--let him!!  We need more players like him on this offense then maybe it wouldnt stink so bad.

Mike is a fan favorite.  Perhaps Gruden hasn't implemented him in enough plays, who knows?  I'm with the notion that we are trying to rebuild, and while Alstott is a class and stand up guy, would rather cut ties, IMO.  Harsh I know, but I also would rather we get players that the coaching staff are going to use on the active 53 man roster, rather then letting them take up a spot.  We need to right this ship, whether it is Gruden at the helm, or someone else.

gone

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 18, 2007, 06:16:45 PM

Glad to hear Gruden is finally ready to make a stand and not welcome Alstott back. We all know he's wanted him gone for awhile now.
Curse of the good-lookin white guy on this team.  Jon's consumed with Jealousy, 50 most beautiful people thing notwithstanding...

#41 : February 18, 2007, 06:19:36 PM

Where'd that come from?

Nowhere....I meant Mike SHOULD decide when he retires.  He has earned that at least IMO.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#42 : February 18, 2007, 06:21:17 PM

I look at it this way. Mike is a true Buc--he's here not for the money but for the love of the sport and of the Bucs. He will sit on the bench til his number is called and will be in 110% on every play he is in. People do not like Mike because fans want to see more of him not because of his desire to play and contribute to the team. I say if he wants to play here in 07--let him!! We need more players like him on this offense then maybe it wouldnt stink so bad.

Mike is a fan favorite. Perhaps Gruden hasn't implemented him in enough plays, who knows? I'm with the notion that we are trying to rebuild, and while Alstott is a class and stand up guy, would rather cut ties, IMO. Harsh I know, but I also would rather we get players that the coaching staff are going to use on the active 53 man roster, rather then letting them take up a spot. We need to right this ship, whether it is Gruden at the helm, or someone else.
Thats why I feel that Mike and Gruden need to come to an understanding that Mike wants to do whatever it takes for the team to win.  Mike is an asset to the team and right now we have more duds than assets. Nobody says that if Mike does decide to play football this season that it has to be in Tampa.  I'm sure playing for another team in 07 wouldnt be that much of a stretch if he feels he can still play. I think for Mike to play with the Bucs in 07 that he wants to help the team win not sit on the bench.

gone

Hall of Famer
#43 : February 18, 2007, 06:23:48 PM

I look at it this way. Mike is a true Buc--he's here not for the money but for the love of the sport and of the Bucs. He will sit on the bench til his number is called and will be in 110% on every play he is in. People do not like Mike because fans want to see more of him not because of his desire to play and contribute to the team. I say if he wants to play here in 07--let him!! We need more players like him on this offense then maybe it wouldnt stink so bad.

Mike is a fan favorite. Perhaps Gruden hasn't implemented him in enough plays, who knows? I'm with the notion that we are trying to rebuild, and while Alstott is a class and stand up guy, would rather cut ties, IMO. Harsh I know, but I also would rather we get players that the coaching staff are going to use on the active 53 man roster, rather then letting them take up a spot. We need to right this ship, whether it is Gruden at the helm, or someone else.
Thats why I feel that Mike and Gruden need to come to an understanding that Mike wants to do whatever it takes for the team to win.  Mike is an asset to the team and right now we have more duds than assets. Nobody says that if Mike does decide to play football this season that it has to be in Tampa.  I'm sure playing for another team in 07 wouldnt be that much of a stretch if he feels he can still play. I think for Mike to play with the Bucs in 07 that he wants to help the team win not sit on the bench.

Why is he an asset?  Becaus he's cute?  He is barely adequate as a blocker, and has nothing like his old running ability.  The term here is "no upside".  Find someone with potential, not someone that's here cuz Gruden would get lynched if he cut him. 

Time to look to the future, not the past.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#44 : February 18, 2007, 06:24:47 PM

They need him for his leadership alone.  Do you think that wasn't a big thing last year?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alstott not a sure thing « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools