Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Franchise LT Joe Thomas « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#75 : December 06, 2006, 12:47:06 PM

That is a good point, we have the Colts pick so it may be the last pick in the 2nd round, depending on how things go. I still say that Thomas is a guy that alot of teams will have their eye on and if he is there and god knows we need that DT, we should take him because having Thomas, when we can get him is more a priority than drafting someone else who would be there in the 3rd round as well. I still say we should get him because we need him in a bigtime way and whoever we would take in that place, opposed to Thomas would be there in the 3rd. Same premise as your thought but I think we take him if he is there, shearly because we need a stud inside and Thomas is that guy. If is there I think we have to take him.

Baghead #2

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#76 : December 06, 2006, 12:50:42 PM

Cville, it would only add to the pain by drafting him in the second if he gets suspended 4 games for violating the drug policy. Know what I mean? At the same time I see you point, the last pick in the second round is essentially the first pick of the third, so why not draft him.

#77 : December 06, 2006, 12:57:56 PM

My first day goes as follows

1st round) Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
2nd round) Reggie Nelson S Florida
2nd Round) Victor Abiamiri DE Notre Dame
3rd Round) Marcus Thomas DT Florida

I moved my board a bit but the top 3 remain the same....We go primarily defense drafting 2 1st round talents in the 2nd/3rd round

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#78 : December 06, 2006, 12:59:50 PM

Cville, it would only add to the pain by drafting him in the second if he gets suspended 4 games for violating the drug policy. Know what I mean? At the same time I see you point, the last pick in the second round is essentially the first pick of the third, so why not draft him.

Trust me I know we would be rolling the dice to some extent based on his track record, its speaks for itself. Yeah I just think if he is there and we need him, get him, don't wait. Cerious, trust me you make all the sense in the world in that assessment.

Another DT that I really like is Amobe Okoye but I think he falls into the Tank Tyler discussions. I just don't see Okoye being there when we pick in the 2nd.

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#79 : December 06, 2006, 04:33:34 PM

Justin Harrell might be available late day one no?  I think he would be worth a look?

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#80 : December 06, 2006, 06:52:55 PM

A good measure would have been the game vs. Michigan.  Wisconsin gave up 4 sacks, two to defensive ends--though I can't tell from the box score (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/boxscore?gid=200609230029&page=plays) whether they were lined up against Thomas.  If you study the box score you will an awful lot of runs stuffed to the left side, which may say that Thomas was having a bad game or may say that Michigan's defense was just overwhelming on that day.

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Franchise LT Joe Thomas « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools