Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stop it with the HARVIN crying!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

: September 27, 2009, 08:21:39 PM

People, Gruden was fired for many reasons but mainly for relying on retreads and not developing a QB...  The Glazer boys surely implored Raheem to end this cycle and draft a franchise QB, which is what he did... He did what he was told to do, period.  Raheem liked Freeman out of all QB's available in this years draft, we had the opportunity to grab him, and did so.  Raheem will live or die with that decision, he's said as much.... The decision to draft Freeman also buys a Raheem at least 2 seasons, regardless of record, you know, to "develop" his guy.

Harvin was never gonna be the choice.  They likely would have gone DE or DT over Harvin anyway had Freeman not been available....

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 27, 2009, 08:22:16 PM

harvin? i'm crying about not getting Brees in 01!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 27, 2009, 08:24:13 PM

Harvin was the last guy they would have drafted. Didnt the guy fail a drug test the day before the combine?

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 27, 2009, 08:32:39 PM

Harvin was the last guy they would have drafted. Didnt the guy fail a drug test the day before the combine?

or the day of....not sure.   I used to smoke a lot of weed....I mean a lot.   I still could never imagine lighting up in the month before I knew I was going to be tested for what amounts to an interview for a job that is going to pay you many millions of dollars.    That says a lot about someone's priorities and good sense.   He's not alone though.   Tanard isn't any smarter.   Harvin is talented but I don't think he was ever at the top of the Bucs draft board.   PR and many other media outlets and draft gurus called it early on.   Freeman was the guy.   Does no good to whine about the pick before he even plays.   Harvin is doing good but it's not like he's had games like Caddy had in his first three.   

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 27, 2009, 09:06:09 PM

Harvin is doing good but it's not like he's had games like Caddy had in his first three.

Carnell's first 3 games, 2 tds.

Percy's first 3 games, 3 tds.

Just sayin.

-------------------------------------------------------

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 27, 2009, 09:14:50 PM

Harvin is doing good but it's not like he's had games like Caddy had in his first three.

Just sayin.

lol yeah I know Hate.   Just like you knew I was talking about his overall games and not just the TDs.   He blew it up.  I know you remember that Vikings game.   We all thought we had the next Barry Sanders.   Even a Caddy hater like yourself was smiling on the inside.   He had the best start of any rookie HB ever.   Just a damn shame his running style lends him to getting bent back like a pretzel.   

#6 : September 28, 2009, 09:05:49 AM

Just sayin.

He also his like a 20 game TD streak back from the Florida days

I am not "cryin" over not drafting Harvin. I am just calling in my chips to the people who said Harvin was going to be a no good washed up pot smoking "typical" Florida reciever who will never be as good of a NFL reciever as he was at Florida

This guy is going to be a Pro Bowler for many many years

I called it like I saw it
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stop it with the HARVIN crying!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools