Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking!!!! Josh Johnson will start « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 28, 2009, 12:38:39 PM

and the results would be even worse than Lefty's were yesterday for at least his first 4 or 5 games.

How is that possible?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 28, 2009, 12:39:17 PM

I laugh every time i hear someone say that Freeman is a Franchise QB. �Go JJ !!!!!!!!

That's how the staff views him, so that colors how they handle him.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 28, 2009, 12:40:02 PM

I personally hope JJ succeeds and Freeman is told he has to earn the starting job rather than being anointed. I think that will be healthier for the team in the long run.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 28, 2009, 12:40:38 PM

From one JJ to another.

This news is DYN-O-MITE!!

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#34 : September 28, 2009, 12:40:41 PM

Rah is trying to save his job, and if he puts all his eggs into Freeman's basket, Rah will get canned at the end of the year if JF plays like crap.  

If JF plays like crap, the team can go out and get a better QB in the draft or FA this year.

Better to find out he sucks now than table the decision to 2010 and lose another season discovering this fact.

biffbeaumont

Starter

#35 : September 28, 2009, 12:41:20 PM

I personally hope JJ succeeds and Freeman is told he has to earn the starting job rather than being anointed. I think that will be healthier for the team in the long run.

I personally hope that Freeman gets lost on the way to every game.....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 28, 2009, 12:41:30 PM

Rah is trying to save his job, and if he puts all his eggs into Freeman's basket, Rah will get canned at the end of the year if JF plays like crap. �

Helps the coach, probably does very little for the long-term future of the team.
When you are mining the caves for diamonds, you are going to get dirty we get this.

But it doesn't hurt to find some gold in the process...

Rah is not a COMPLETE idiot.  He understands that he might be unemployed if he bombs out as a HC.  Before, he had a cushy job, making nice money as a secondary coach.  He had no chance of getting fired.  Now...if he throws Freeman into the mix, when Freeman clearly is not ready yet, AFTER MOVING UP to get his guy, he will get fired.  Rah is in self preservation mode, and fianlly he realizes (or Olsen realized) that JJ is the man who you HAVE to evaluate.  Byron is as advertised...he is awful.  Has been his entire career.  He is a turnover machine between his fumbles and picks.  His inaccuracy has been so blatant, and jaw dropping, that it is hampering the fans love of the game.  Tiem to throw a potential laced kid like JJ into the mix.  Man, if JJ bombs, so what?  Not Rah's pick.  Give JJ 3 or so games, and if he stinks, you roll with Josh Franchise, and you know what you have on the roster more fully.

I am proud of Rah for finally growing some football skills by learning this the hard way.

Byron is gahbage.  At this point, I would look to trade the guy...

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 28, 2009, 12:41:44 PM

Absolutely agree...annointing JJ the "career backup" was one of the dumber things that Morris has sa....

Let me think about that...

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 28, 2009, 12:42:37 PM

I personally hope that Freeman gets lost on the way to every game.....

Give me one reason why you would HOPE that after you have not seen him even take a meaningful snap...

Capt Kidd

Starter
#39 : September 28, 2009, 12:44:32 PM

Yeah buddy! I was never a big fan of Grads or any of the other "favorite backups".  I just beleive that JJ has everything needed to be very successful in the NFL including the brain and the ice water in his veins. Freeman has all the skills, but I'm not sure he has "it".

I would be very disappointed if JJ didn't get this shot. He may fail, but his skills deserve the shot.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#40 : September 28, 2009, 12:45:48 PM

I am proud of Rah for finally growing some football skills by learning this the hard way.

I'm happy for Rah that he's learning some football skills -- but his self-preservation instinct is costing this team valuable observation and evaluation time of Josh Freeman.

13 games should give the team a fair indication where he's at, where he's going, and the need (or non-need) to pick up another signal caller in the offseason (via draft or FA) to run the offense.

Every game JJ starts is one game further back the Bucs step when it comes to evaluating Freeman and one step they come closer to punting 2010 on "the kid" as well.

bucman23

Starter

#41 : September 28, 2009, 12:46:06 PM

i have a feeling this move was forced by the FO and ownership. they need to sell tickets and this team wasnt going to sell out with leftwich starting. a great move IMO. why not give us a better chance to win and develope our young guy?

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#42 : September 28, 2009, 12:47:36 PM

Wow...to say I'm shocked would be an understatement.

WOW...I wish JJ the best.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#43 : September 28, 2009, 12:47:45 PM

Yeah buddy! I was never a big fan of Grads or any of the other "favorite backups".

Which is funny, because the man-love for JJ around here is equal to (if not more) than the man-love for Gradkowski.

Gdubbz

Practice Squad

#44 : September 28, 2009, 12:48:21 PM

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

*goosebumps

Its on deadskins!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking!!!! Josh Johnson will start « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools