Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: lol what if johnson pans out, and gruden actully did give us our franchise QB? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
: September 28, 2009, 05:38:32 PM

Well, considering that one of the reasons we're supposed to believe they fired Gruden is that he wouldn't get a young long term QB, it would be kind of ironic that we fired him right after he got one.

And made no attempt to play him-even in garbage time.
And what would that have to do with anything - the team was 9-3, no way to get to #4, and then in December - desperate for a win for the playoffs.   I wouldn't make anything of his lack of PT. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#1 : September 28, 2009, 05:16:06 PM

lol i know this team is married to freeman, but it would make for a nice QB controversey.

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 28, 2009, 05:17:14 PM

wouldnt we have to say that allen gave us our franchise QB? 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bucman23

Starter

#3 : September 28, 2009, 05:20:56 PM

i could care less who it is, as long as we get a franchise qb. people will complain of course, but you will always have people complaining on these boards. there are way too many idiots on here, so of course they will make it about gruden vs morris. but who gives a damn if its freeman or jj, i just hope one of them pans out to be a franchise qb, its about time we have on here.

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#4 : September 28, 2009, 05:22:52 PM

i honestly wouldnt care either. even if JJ ends up tanking at least hes fun to watch.

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 28, 2009, 05:23:08 PM

wouldnt we have to say that allen gave us our franchise QB?  
That would be a fact - in the same way as he refused some other selections Gruden wanted.  One would assume both would be somewhat in accord - but who really knows.  The fact is the GM does retain that right.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#6 : September 28, 2009, 05:29:41 PM

I dont see how it could be a bad thing. If JJ works out then we get our franchise qb like we wanted. Anytime you get a 5th round QB to be your franchise guy consider it a win. Even if we did draft a QB in round one.

#7 : September 28, 2009, 05:30:14 PM

Well, considering that one of the reasons we're supposed to believe they fired Gruden is that he wouldn't get a young long term QB, it would be kind of ironic that we fired him right after he got one.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 28, 2009, 05:36:49 PM

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 28, 2009, 05:39:12 PM

Yes but you know a large chunk of JJ love here is based on the "he's Gruden's guy" theory and now with the "he was the future under Gruden" myth being spun this is just another sad weapon for the Gruden fans to try and claim he shouldn't have been fired.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

#10 : September 28, 2009, 05:40:55 PM

? He was fourth on the depth chart, you suit up three QBs, two on the active roster, one emergency. He was always 4th on the depth chart, that comment makes no sense!

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 28, 2009, 05:45:28 PM

If Johnson became our franchise QB, how ironic would that be...Gruden was fired in part for not ever developing a franchise QB yet he would deserve all the accolades for drafting one.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 28, 2009, 05:46:44 PM

Yes but you know a large chunk of JJ love here is based on the "he's Gruden's guy" theory and now with the "he was the future under Gruden" myth being spun this is just another sad weapon for the Gruden fans to try and claim he shouldn't have been fired.
That could be Dal, but regardless - it would be ironic.  Last year was a year to learn for JJ.  He did, he just didn't get to use what he had learned.  Not unusual for a first year qb - as you know.  And last year the staff did decide to run with 4 qbs to make sure they kept him.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 28, 2009, 05:47:54 PM

If Johnson became our franchise QB, how ironic would that be...Gruden was fired in part for not ever developing a franchise QB yet he would deserve all the accolades for drafting one.

again, allen would deserve all the accolades for drafting one.  and by all, i dont mean ALL, i just mean that we have heard repeatedly that allen was in charge of the draft.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 28, 2009, 05:48:51 PM

That could be Dal, but regardless - it would be ironic. �Last year was a year to learn for JJ. �He did, he just didn't get to use what he had learned. �Not unusual for a first year qb - as you know. �And last year the staff did decide to run with 4 qbs to make sure they kept him.

Odds are he'll be as good as Luke McCown. We'll have a ton of post-game threads this week about how he didn't get any help, how the line wasn't blocking, how if it weren't were X drops he'd have been really good and, of course, it is only his 1st start. The sadness here will roll on and on and on until we get a real QB.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: lol what if johnson pans out, and gruden actully did give us our franchise QB? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools