Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: lol what if johnson pans out, and gruden actully did give us our franchise QB? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 28, 2009, 05:49:12 PM

ahhhh.. another post proving the backup in tampa is ALWAYS the popular one..

King, Simms, McCown, and now Johnson. Get ready Josh Freeman.. you are next in line..

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 28, 2009, 05:49:22 PM

again, allen would deserve all the accolades for drafting one. �and by all, i dont mean ALL, i just mean that we have heard repeatedly that allen was in charge of the draft.

He is for the bad picks but a good pick is always about Gruden.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 28, 2009, 05:51:56 PM

That could be Dal, but regardless - it would be ironic. �Last year was a year to learn for JJ. �He did, he just didn't get to use what he had learned. �Not unusual for a first year qb - as you know. �And last year the staff did decide to run with 4 qbs to make sure they kept him.

Odds are he'll be as good as Luke McCown. We'll have a ton of post-game threads this week about how he didn't get any help, how the line wasn't blocking, how if it weren't were X drops he'd have been really good and, of course, it is only his 1st start. The sadness here will roll on and on and on until we get a real QB.
Odds are never in a rookie qbs favor - we will see how this turns out - would be great to see a successful qb in Tampa - it has been a while, maybe it is the buccs's turn - we never know until he gets a shot.  If he does turn out to be a "real" qb - at a young age - well he might be the ONE.  And you know as well as I how overdue that is.  We will just have to wait and see my friend.  Stranger things have happened.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 28, 2009, 05:53:28 PM

again, allen would deserve all the accolades for drafting one. �and by all, i dont mean ALL, i just mean that we have heard repeatedly that allen was in charge of the draft.

He is for the bad picks but a good pick is always about Gruden.
I have seen that scenario - spun both ways.  The final say is normally the GM, as it was in Tampa.  But to deny Coach's influence is disingenuous.  It is a team, both rise with the good picks and fall with the bad.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 28, 2009, 05:54:04 PM

would be great to see a successful qb in Tampa - it has been a while, maybe it is the buccs's turn

It has been our turn for about 33 years now. As much as I love what Brad did while on this team it is depressing he's our best QB in franchise history by a long shot.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 28, 2009, 05:56:07 PM

would be great to see a successful qb in Tampa - it has been a while, maybe it is the buccs's turn

It has been our turn for about 33 years now. As much as I love what Brad did while on this team it is depressing he's our best QB in franchise history by a long shot.
We are on the same page, hell same sentence there.  It is not a storied history, more like sordid - maybe this one?  (chuckling aloud - glad we are going to see - one way or the other - come on kid, beat the odds)

DougTheGreat

Starter

#21 : September 28, 2009, 05:59:10 PM

King, Simms, McCown, and now Johnson. Get ready John Freeman.. you are next in line..

John Freeman?

So embarrassing.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 28, 2009, 06:04:45 PM

oh my god.. a typo... ohhhhhh no! thank you!

DougTheGreat

Starter

#23 : September 28, 2009, 06:07:18 PM

oh my god.. a typo... ohhhhhh no! thank you!

Josh and John, is far from being a typo.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#24 : September 28, 2009, 06:08:25 PM

King, Simms, McCown, and now Johnson. Get ready Josh Freeman.. you are next in line..

Its not just Tampa that does this. Last year fans in Pittsburgh were calling for their back up to start the rest of the games after they lost to Tennessee. That back-up was Byron Leftwich. Hopefully this backup plays better.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#25 : September 28, 2009, 06:17:37 PM

You do realize the odds of finding even an average NFL quarterback in Round 5 - beyond is only slightly better than 1/20...?

I honestly don't get the man-love for Josh Johnson. I'm as happy as the next guy that he's not Byron Leftwich, but he's also done absolutely nothing even in the preseason to make me think he's the second coming of anything better than Brooks Bollinger.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 28, 2009, 06:53:13 PM

lol i know this team is married to freeman,......

In today's relationships, infidelity runs rampant. Rah will just have to cheat on Free.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 28, 2009, 06:57:14 PM

lol i know this team is married to freeman,......

In today's relationships, infidelity runs rampant. Rah will just have to cheat on Free.
Nice - so now...

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 28, 2009, 06:58:27 PM

Yes but you know a large chunk of JJ love here is based on the "he's Gruden's guy" theory and now with the "he was the future under Gruden" myth being spun this is just another sad weapon for the Gruden fans to try and claim he shouldn't have been fired.

I too am very anxious to see what JJ brings to the table but it has zero to do with Chucky. I can vouch for what you're saying though. I got into a very heated conversion yesterday with a Gruden apologist that is "positive" that if Gruden was here, JJ would be the qb. "Gruden was grooming him" is what i was told. What B-S.

I'm of the opinion that he would've been in full save his azz mode by bringing in another old guy. I could be wrong, but thats how i feel.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : September 28, 2009, 07:00:19 PM

Your fight was 1/2 right - JJ was going to get an opportunity to win the job - with one other qb.  But they sure did want to shop for someone better.  Never got the chance.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: lol what if johnson pans out, and gruden actully did give us our franchise QB? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools