Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I know we fans need something to get excited about « previous next »
Page: 1

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

: September 29, 2009, 04:53:33 AM

so we are drinking the Josh Johnson Koolaid but it's getting ridiculous.  You would think he's the second coming of Christ.  Or at least Larry Brakins.  I hope he does well but I can't shake the feeling we'll all be clamoring for Freeman to start in a few weeks.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 29, 2009, 06:10:51 AM

I hear ya!  I was thinking the same thing too.  You have to admit that at this point, many would get excited about an open field tackle.....

I'll say this; Johnson cannot do any worse than Leftwich; the guy is terrible and is through in this league.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 29, 2009, 07:52:12 AM

so we are drinking the Josh Johnson Koolaid but it's getting ridiculous.  You would think he's the second coming of Christ.  Or at least Larry Brakins.  I hope he does well but I can't shake the feeling we'll all be clamoring for Freeman to start in a few weeks.

Most popular player is always the backup QB, see the "can't be any worse" comment below. Everyone forgets the Bruce Gradkowski era and how his big time college stats, playing teams that would have wiped the floor with those JJ faced, meant diddly in the pros.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 29, 2009, 08:35:36 AM

Very true Dal - you never know until the QB actually makes it.  We will see.  This kid has a lot of tools, and is smart according to his college and pro coaches.  And sooner or later the buccs streak of crapola qbs via the draft has to end... one time

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#4 : September 29, 2009, 09:12:11 AM

No savior, but gives us a better chance of at least moving the ball, keeping the defense off the field, and scoring. But you never know. At one time, Brett Farve was an unknown backup.

IMO, the whole regime will be run out of Tampa in January 2010.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 29, 2009, 09:12:46 AM

Very true Dal - you never know until the QB actually makes it.  We will see.  This kid has a lot of tools, and is smart according to his college and pro coaches.  And sooner or later the buccs streak of crapola qbs via the draft has to end... one time

Please can we get lighting to strike.....

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#6 : September 29, 2009, 09:25:07 AM

I hear ya! I was thinking the same thing too. You have to admit that at this point, many would get excited about an open field tackle.....

I'll say this; Johnson cannot do any worse than Leftwich; the guy is terrible and is through in this league.

Well said. Sunday at RJS, I was getting hyped just to see a scoring opportunity to avoid a shutout. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 29, 2009, 09:26:46 AM

He could be a gem. If he is, that's really great for the Bucs. If he pans out, hopefully the staff will become more flexible with their plans for the position.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 29, 2009, 09:30:10 AM

so we are drinking the Josh Johnson Koolaid but it's getting ridiculous.  You would think he's the second coming of Christ. Or at least Larry Brakins.  I hope he does well but I can't shake the feeling we'll all be clamoring for Freeman to start in a few weeks.

If Johnson's first 10 passes are Int's for TD's, I still won't be "clamoring for Freeman to start".  I'd rather have Leftwich back before Freeman.  I don't want Freeman to see the field while the rest of this team is this bad.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 29, 2009, 09:30:46 AM

He could be a gem. If he is, that's really great for the Bucs. If he pans out, hopefully the staff will become more flexible with their plans for the position.

Gem is fine, flop is fine. If he pulls a Derek Anderson that is the worst scenario for the long-term on this team.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 29, 2009, 09:34:02 AM

Gem is fine, flop is fine. If he pulls a Derek Anderson that is the worst scenario for the long-term on this team.

I don't care who starts at QB for this team, so long as they play the position effectively and for a long time for us. Draft status means nothing to me, personally, but I know the staff has their own ideas about where they're going with the position. I think Leftwich performing more poorly than they'd hoped has gummed things up for them now.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 29, 2009, 09:36:22 AM

I don't care who starts at QB for this team, so long as they play the position effectively and for a long time for us. Draft status means nothing to me, personally, but I know the staff has their own ideas about where they're going with the position. I think Leftwich performing more poorly than they'd hoped has gummed things up for them now.

Good QB is good QB, that's fine, The Derek Anderson thing is meant for one of those guys who does just enough to create the illusion he can play but who really can't and then we get another QB "battle" next year that continues to slow the development of Freeman.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#12 : September 29, 2009, 10:06:28 AM

Good QB is good QB, that's fine, The Derek Anderson thing is meant for one of those guys who does just enough to create the illusion he can play but who really can't and then we get another QB "battle" next year that continues to slow the development of Freeman.

Freeman, lol, has anyone ever seen the guy play football? Other than the clips they watched after we drafted him?  The guy is no franchise QB.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I know we fans need something to get excited about « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools