Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JJ's... senior season......43 TD's......1 Int. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#45 : September 29, 2009, 01:47:23 PM

Even if he doesn't, it's still a great value.

Um, no. Spending a fifth on a guy who gets cut isn't great value.

He isn't in the correct system anymore and he is apparently the career backup

Being a career backup, if that career lasts more than a couple of seasons, IS amounting to something.

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#46 : September 29, 2009, 01:48:54 PM

Even if he doesn't, it's still a great value.

Um, no. Spending a fifth on a guy who gets cut isn't great value.

He isn't in the correct system anymore and he is apparently the career backup

Being a career backup, if that career lasts more than a couple of seasons, IS amounting to something.

Dexter Jackson got cut lol.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#47 : September 29, 2009, 01:52:27 PM

Dexter Jackson got cut lol.

Yeah, he sucked.

benir0

Hall of Famer

#48 : September 29, 2009, 01:54:48 PM

Not for nothing, but there are a lot of QBs who could put up gaudy numbers playing D-2 ball.
Yeah, but there are a lot of D2 QBs who cannot even touch what JJ did.

that is what a talent is supposed to do.  SHRED inferior competition.

People pissin' on JJ's parade crack me up...

Why?

What if he pans out?  What if he is really good?

If that happens, I have no problem with watching Josh Franchise carry the clipboard as his backup.  Production from a pig is no better than production from a cow, IMO.  It is production...it just comes in a different package, from a different part of the spectrum.

I am VERY glad JJ got the nod.  Time to see what he can do.  And it was a shame watching Rah backpedal the way he did about his career backup comments...it lessened his cred, if he had any.  As stated over and over, Rah is saving his job right now.  Or trying to.

I agree with everything you said.  Rah really has blown it with all the Freeman talk and then calling JJ his Jason Garett...wooops!

Essentially, he's saying: "Here Johnson, it's your team...for maybe a month at most."

So far in their young careers, JJ has looked much more like an NFL QB than JF.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#49 : September 29, 2009, 02:20:10 PM

So far in their young careers, JJ has looked much more like an NFL QB than JF.

Considering that JJ has completed 4 passes in his career and JF has completed 0, then yeah... I guess.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JJ's... senior season......43 TD's......1 Int. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools