Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT GOES EXCLUSIVELY DIGITAL ON OCTOBER 23 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

WaldoBuc

Rookie

: October 05, 2009, 04:25:03 PM

Last season a family member tried to renew a subscription, and was told there would be no Pewter Report printed this year and they would not allow a renewal.

Then I got the e-mail about the recession buster and I tried to renew mine online but it didn't register. I was then told to call and renew by phone which I never ended up doing.

I loved getting the mag in my hand before my sub ran out because it's portable and I prefer turning pages. The kids also loved it, and my oldest used an article for a P.E. make up assignment when she was out sick.

A PDF version wouldn't be bad for me since I live on the west coast and always got my mag a few weeks late. I could see spending $10 for 10 issues AND online content, but not for online content alone.

For not much more a buddy of mine pays to play an online game 24 hours per day.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 29, 2009, 03:05:55 PM

Pewter Report will be an exclusively digital magazine available on PewterReport.com beginning with the In-Season issue on October 23. Subscribers will enjoy an enhanced PDF viewer with many new features incorporating Flash and cutting edge technology and much more timely Buccaneers coverage.

http://pewterreport.com/articles/view/6001

#2 : September 29, 2009, 03:09:58 PM

glad I didnt renew.   i enjoyed my subscription last year, I kept my issues by the "throne" while I did my business.   i loved the photos and the articles were great reading.  But no oneis gonna read a .pdf version of a magazine.   its just not practical.  I feel bad for the people that subscribed this year.  they were promised a magazine, not an email.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 29, 2009, 03:21:37 PM

I understand the convenience and the push to "green" things up, but as Native said, I enjoyed reading my mag in "various" places.  Been a subscriber since the newsprint days and love the glossy.  I renewed over the summer, but am sad to say it probably won't next time around.  I've never used the PDF format as part of my PI subscription.  I understand the move to digital, but just not one I prefer.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 29, 2009, 03:24:11 PM

I drop a duece with my laptop so all is well

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 29, 2009, 03:25:42 PM

Great idea for the most part, but I would prefer a quarterly or bi-annual issue mostly dedicated to photos.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#6 : September 29, 2009, 03:25:55 PM

I don't even read the magazines, I just read the Fab 5s and other insider stuff that gets posted usually when they are put up.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#7 : September 29, 2009, 03:26:41 PM

what a rip off!!!!!!!  Do the Glaziers own this as well?

illinoisbucfan

Starter

#8 : September 29, 2009, 03:29:42 PM

I too am mad about this.  Working two jobs, it doesn't give me a lot of time to read an online magazine.  If I had known this was going to happen, I would not have signed up for three more years.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#9 : September 29, 2009, 03:29:48 PM

can i cancel? I actually purchased 2 years as a gift for a friend last month, and now it looks like all I did was waste money that I can get on the Bucs website for free!!!!!!!!!!

techstar25

Starter

#10 : September 29, 2009, 03:30:48 PM

I was about to subscribe because I like the idea of a print magazine, and $10 is a great deal. Now I know why it's so cheap.
I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on that one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my blog "Reheemisms", a compilation of his best quotes.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 29, 2009, 03:33:12 PM

And what happens to those that paid the extra on top of the sub price for 1st class shipping?

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 29, 2009, 03:37:18 PM

I can understand some apprehension to something sight unseen, but I encourage our subscribers to give the enhanced, online magazine a chance on Oct. 23 before prejudging it.

As for the time to read the on-line magazine, it's not much different from reading a printed version of the magazine. It's something that can be consumed all at once or read article-by-article in different sessions in front of the computer. Each issue resides in the archives online.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 29, 2009, 03:39:06 PM

And what happens to those that paid the extra on top of the sub price for 1st class shipping?

Subscribers that have paid for first class will be credited with an automatic subscription extension that will convert the amount paid into additional years on their subscription.

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 29, 2009, 03:39:33 PM

Please keep in mind that Pewter Report is not completely changing its product. We still are offering -- and producing -- over 200 Pewter Insider articles per year on PewterReport.com. We still are producing 10 issues of Pewter Report per year. The only difference in our subscription service is how we are delivering the magazine and making it available. For the reasons stated in the article, the magazine will be available in PDF format, and the PDF reader will be substantially upgraded. I hope this helps answer some of your questions. I think once our first magazine is published in the new and improved PDF format, Bucs fans will like what they see.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT GOES EXCLUSIVELY DIGITAL ON OCTOBER 23 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools