Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT GOES EXCLUSIVELY DIGITAL ON OCTOBER 23 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 29, 2009, 03:39:53 PM

In all honesty I know where you're spinning from Scott and respect it from a business stand point, but print and digital are not the same.  In terms of where you can read it, print v. online differ quite a bit.  Those that are subscribers with not consistent access to a computer (yes, there are still some) what happens to them?  And again, those of us that payed the extra $25 for 1st class, what happens to that money per issue?

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#16 : September 29, 2009, 03:44:00 PM

Love digital! Thank you....no more killing poor trees :)

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 29, 2009, 03:44:10 PM

We actually have very few magazine-only subscribers now, MarleyMon81. It's a sign of the times in the digital world we live in.

As I stated, for the first class subscribers we are extending their subscription so that it will convert the amount paid into additional years on their subscription.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 29, 2009, 03:45:09 PM

Whatever Scott.  Just sad I guess.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#19 : September 29, 2009, 03:45:32 PM

My wife doesnt have acces to the internet at work, so when she gets home and after the kids are settled she likes to lay down and read the magazine. Even though there have been numerous changes since the september issue she still enjoys reading up on the upcoming game and matchups. Also she cut out some of the pictures and made borders for the kids photo ablbums and even uses the magazines for scrap booking. Now what? I am so mad!!!!!!!   Should have known, did Raheem put you guys up to this?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 29, 2009, 03:48:23 PM

Looks like you're going to incorporate the page-flipping design I suggested some time back for the online version. Great, I think that makes it easier for those more accustomed to the print version.

#21 : September 29, 2009, 03:51:45 PM

Great idea for the most part, but I would prefer a quarterly or bi-annual issue mostly dedicated to photos.

THAT is a good idea...  

Magazine was 1/2 advertisements...   Nice 'collectible'...  other than that I can live with the digital...  

(Sounds like Chaos might be havin' a meltdown though...)  How many exclaimation points does one really need?   Really?  I (apparently) prefer ellipses...  lol

vladin

Starter

#22 : September 29, 2009, 03:52:59 PM

What the heck am I going to read on the can now?  Freakin' Tolstoy?  

Just kidding ;-)  It's a good business decision.  Print is dead.  

bouconagain

Pro Bowler

#23 : September 29, 2009, 03:55:18 PM

A long overdue change.  I've wanted an online only version forever, since by the time the print copy arrives I've read all the content.  PR gets to slash its operating costs, and also gets to bash the archaic 'fishwraps' without seeming hypocritical.  booyah!

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#24 : September 29, 2009, 03:55:31 PM

Not a fan at all.... I liked the print magazine simply because it wasn't on the computer and could be read anytime anywhere.... Sure, I read the articles and everything, but this should have been announced before you got a lot of people to re up for 3 years... Oh well...

Cheaper for yall, good business move, but is bad for a lot of people who have been loyal to yall for a long time.

RaheemsEyebrows

Rookie

#25 : September 29, 2009, 03:56:02 PM

So people with little to no access to the internet are sorta screwed. I for one was looking forward to subscribing for the magazine alone. They would go along  nice with my SI sub.

bouconagain

Pro Bowler

#26 : September 29, 2009, 03:57:30 PM

So people with little to no access to the internet are sorta screwed.

On the upside, they likely won't be able to post here and complain.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#27 : September 29, 2009, 03:58:20 PM

It's 2009, who honestly has little to no internet access anymore?

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#28 : September 29, 2009, 03:58:53 PM

Great idea for the most part, but I would prefer a quarterly or bi-annual issue mostly dedicated to photos.

THAT is a good idea...  

Magazine was 1/2 advertisements...   Nice 'collectible'...  other than that I can live with the digital...  

(Sounds like Chaos might be havin' a meltdown though...)  How many exclaimation points does one really need?   Really?

I dont think there are enough exclamation points to explain how furious I am. lol  When I called up in early August to get more info about this site I was sold on the fact that I would be getting a printed magazine, and online access. I feel like I was lied to because I'm pretty sure this plan was in motion before I signed up, and I was not told.  I bought me a subscription for 3 years and a friends for 2 years. I guess i'm just one of those peole who still enjoy getting mail.  I guess thats what you get for $10.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#29 : September 29, 2009, 03:59:04 PM

On the upside, they likely won't be able to post here and complain.
lmao... that cracked me up...

It's ok though, PR is going to extend their subscription for them, oh wait.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT GOES EXCLUSIVELY DIGITAL ON OCTOBER 23 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools