Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade Question « previous next »
Page: 1

Badabing

Hall of Famer

: September 29, 2009, 04:21:36 PM

I have Larry Johnson and Steve Smith(CAR).   I am thinking about trading them in a packaged deal for Clinton Portis and Donald Driver.  Should I do that?

My current starting line-up: QB Peyton Manning, RB Steven Jackson & Larry Johnson, WR Steve Smith & Hines Ward, Flex Knowshon Mereno, TE Winslow

I also have Reggie Bush, Johnathan Stewart, Vernon Davis, Torry Holt, and Lav Coles.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 29, 2009, 04:46:12 PM

Larry Johnson is some serious butt sauce. You should be lucky you are even getting that. Donald Driver has been productive enough for that W/R Flex position this season. Hes making more plays then Jennings.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 29, 2009, 07:28:43 PM

keep steve smith

jameswilder

Starter

#3 : September 30, 2009, 09:00:14 AM

Is that steve smith from Carolina or New York? Is coffee or choice available on waivers?

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy- B. Franklin.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 30, 2009, 10:02:55 AM

I'd be concerned about losing Steve Smith because he will get you points all year. Clinton Portis tends to be a first half of the season player who fades. Washington is about to mail it in and he'll get hurt at some point. While Larry Johnson is certifiably useless, I'd think you'd be better off playing waiver wire roulette week to week with your #2 running back.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 30, 2009, 10:16:18 AM

Do it.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 30, 2009, 04:15:51 PM

I have Larry Johnson and Steve Smith(CAR). I am thinking about trading them in a packaged deal for Clinton Portis and Donald Driver. Should I do that?

My current starting line-up: QB Peyton Manning, RB Steven Jackson & Larry Johnson, WR Steve Smith & Hines Ward, Flex Knowshon Mereno, TE Winslow

I also have Reggie Bush, Johnathan Stewart, Vernon Davis, Torry Holt, and Lav Coles.

I wouldn't.  Yes, Larry Johnson is through.  Steve Smith could explode any game now.  Clinton Portis can't seem to get yards in a ZBS, what does that tell you?  Donald Driver...meh. 

TheGrahamCracker

Rookie

#7 : September 30, 2009, 08:14:45 PM

its a good trade but ur wr will be very week. so i wouldnt do it

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#8 : September 30, 2009, 09:28:43 PM

I'd be opposed to this because Portis seems like he is turning into the "wash up" stereotype.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade Question « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools