Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "In Jesus' Name, Amen" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: September 29, 2009, 07:59:11 PM

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 29, 2009, 09:01:51 PM

How sad that truly is.  What's even more sad than this is people believing that Christ has anything to do with it.  Christ himself warned against the false teachers who would come in his name and drive out demons. 
Bradentonian, I wonder who you call on when times are tough and you feel alone?  I know, anything or anyone but God.  But it is in Christ alone that we find true peace...not selling this, just stating it.
Anyone can clearly see that these are a confused people who have taken traditional African Voodoo and merged it with loosely taught Christian beliefs.  It is no different than what Roman Catholics have done in the Phillipines.
Very heartbreaking indeed.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 29, 2009, 09:21:52 PM

Do not have a facebook page.  So...

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 29, 2009, 09:28:32 PM

+1
I nicknamed that place "stalker nation".  What is the Jesus page about?

Stratobuc

Starter
#4 : September 29, 2009, 09:36:32 PM

"But it is in Christ alone that we find true peace..."

I guess you've never read the Dalai Lama.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 29, 2009, 09:47:45 PM

+1
I nicknamed that place "stalker nation".  What is the Jesus page about?

It's part of a video documentary.  There are similar ones available on youtube, but this one is very graphic.
"Christian" ministers in Nigeria and surrounding areas are making money hand-over-fist by convincing locals that their children are "witches".
Of course, only the minister can "cure" them ("In Jesus' Name"). The charge for this is equivalent to a year's salary for a working adult.
The ministers have convinced the public that the region has millions and millions of these "witch" children.
Parents who can't afford to pay are setting their children on fire, hammering nails thru their skulls, and deforming their limbs in attempts to "cure" them.
Some survive and are permanently disfigured or disabled.  Many are left to die without aid.

It's heartbreaking and disgusting.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 29, 2009, 09:51:19 PM

Thanks, brad. Where is this happening? That sounds unimaginable in this day and age.

I'm a dummy for reading too fast.  [banghead]

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 29, 2009, 09:54:50 PM

Thanks, brad. Where is this happening? That sounds unimaginable in this day and age.

Nigeria.  Here's a link from youtube:

Not nearly as graphic but you get the picture.  It's absolutely heartbreaking. The worst is that the children's own parents are doing this to them. In several of the interviews the parents try to give away the "witch" children to the film crew so they will stop bringing evil to the village.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 29, 2009, 10:00:35 PM

Doesn't surprise me. I assume this type of practice has gone on since the beginning of religion.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 01, 2009, 10:03:51 AM

sorry keepon, but you know there are more than just one Christian out there.

BucNative

Starter

#10 : September 30, 2009, 06:22:59 AM

Yeah it is disgusting and heartbreaking.  But its also true that its not Christianity at all. 

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 30, 2009, 12:02:56 PM

But it is in Christ alone that we find true peace...not selling this, just stating it.

I think this statement constitutes what non Christians so dislike the religion.  Plenty of people find peace in their lives without Jesus. And there are many, many Christians who aren't at peace at all.  The reality doesn't fit the claim.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 01, 2009, 09:15:47 AM

But it is in Christ alone that I find true peace...not selling this, just stating it.

fixed it for you, I'll just go play golf.

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 01, 2009, 08:59:29 AM

evidently there is a ton of money waiting for me in a Nigerian bank account and one of the ministers wants my account info so he can direct deposit the money to me - crazy, we haven't even met in person...  the question is, why go through all of this if all that money is available via email?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 30, 2009, 12:55:37 PM

But it is in Christ alone that we find true peace...not selling this, just stating it.

I think this statement constitutes what non Christians so dislike the religion. Plenty of people find peace in their lives without Jesus. And there are many, many Christians who aren't at peace at all. The reality doesn't fit the claim.

You just haven't met the "real" Jesus, but probably the one those witch doctors are proclaiming....
I'm not trying to push Christ on you brother at all.  If you can live life without knowing God, then by all means that is your choice.  The bible clearly says there would be many who would deny him, and you know what, that's your right to choose.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "In Jesus' Name, Amen" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools