Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dennis Green EXPLODES in his post game press conference! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: October 17, 2006, 11:50:28 AM

You've got to see this video:

http://www.kare11.com/video/player.aspx?aid=35793&bw=

Caution, he uses two words that may be considered inappropriate: "BS" and "ass".

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 17, 2006, 11:57:53 AM

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#2 : October 17, 2006, 12:13:21 PM

Wow...I've never seen that before from him.

He should have thought about that during the game when he was calling runs on 1st and 2nd consistently despite the fact that Edge couldn't get any yards. He could have thrown and taken time off the clock, and he could have scored more points throwing it.

Overall, it was he and his offensive coordinators who lost that game so he should be mad. The players didn't lose it (except maybe the OL in run blocking) because they couldn't do a thing.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 17, 2006, 12:18:11 PM

wow is all i can say

psymun

Starter
#4 : October 17, 2006, 12:29:18 PM

Wow...I've never seen that before from him.

He should have thought about that during the game when he was calling runs on 1st and 2nd consistently despite the fact that Edge couldn't get any yards. He could have thrown and taken time off the clock, and he could have scored more points throwing it.

Overall, it was he and his offensive coordinators who lost that game so he should be mad. The players didn't lose it (except maybe the OL in run blocking) because they couldn't do a thing.

1. If they threw the ball more and still lost... the tune would be different... You'd be saying they should have run the ball more to run out the clock...

2. The coaches aren't the ones that turned the ball over for scores twice and aloud a ST TD...

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 17, 2006, 12:39:58 PM

it all goes back to the coaching staff, but in terms of the guys on the field, this loss is on the O Line, no getting around it; how do you let one of the game's more dangerous LDEs, Alex Brown, come in on your QB's blind side absolutely unobserved by the RT? how can you not get one of the game's best backs a chance to get past the line of scrimmage late in the game? the bears are a cover 2 defense with prototypical, smaller defenders.  you should be able to wear them down after owning possession and running 40+ times.

i just don't get it, that line seems to have alot of talent, they just don't seem to have any awareness or push

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#6 : October 17, 2006, 12:41:41 PM

No way, PS. Their running game was effective when they were also throwing the ball. When they went into their shell and ran it every 1st and 2nd down they weren't giving Edge a chance to run the ball. They weren't giving themselves a chance to win the game either.

If you were to go back and watch the game again you could see it. Every 1st and 2nd down was a run. When you do that, and you refuse to pass on those downs then you are setting your team up for failure. When they mixed it up even a little bit they were winning the game. You may be right at the end of the game inside of 4 minutes where you want to run the clock out, but they started this crap before the half.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 17, 2006, 01:09:31 PM

Actually I thought it was great. He's basically saying the Bears are garbage and for everyone to crown them SB champs is rediculous. He's right though, the Bears, while a very good team, aren't unbeatable. The Bears are VERY lucky to win that game and I bet that offense display will linger with them for a while. They were exposed, IMVHO, but the f-ing Cardinals.

LynchPin

Rookie

#8 : October 17, 2006, 01:44:27 PM

No way, PS. Their running game was effective when they were also throwing the ball. When they went into their shell and ran it every 1st and 2nd down they weren't giving Edge a chance to run the ball. They weren't giving themselves a chance to win the game either.

If you were to go back and watch the game again you could see it. Every 1st and 2nd down was a run. When you do that, and you refuse to pass on those downs then you are setting your team up for failure. When they mixed it up even a little bit they were winning the game. You may be right at the end of the game inside of 4 minutes where you want to run the clock out, but they started this crap before the half.

According to my count in the second half excluding the final drive when the Cardinals were losing by one, they ran the ball 12 out of 14 first downs but they threw the ball 9 out of 13 second downs.  Overall, they threw the ball 20 times while running 15 in the second half excluding the final drive.  They were obviously making an effort to run the ball, but I would hardly call that going into a shell.  Also, Leinert was only 6 of 20 (30%) for 69 yards in the second half before the final drive.  So, it's not as if they were moving the ball through the air in the second half either.

I just have a hard time blaming this on the play calling when there there was such poor execution by the Cardinal players:

- Rackers missed a 52 yard FG earlier in the game
- Leinert completed only 6 of 20 passes (30%) in the second half before the final drive
- The RT missed a blocking assignment that led to the first fumble/TD
- Edge fumbled leading to the second TD
- The Cards punt coverage team blew it giving up the 3rd TD
- Edge and the Cards OL had 2 chances to pick up 3 yards on the final drive and didn't get it done
- Rackers missed a 40 yard FG attempt

samsdad

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 17, 2006, 02:03:01 PM

he looked pretty ticked going off the field....but i would be too in his position

#10 : October 17, 2006, 02:14:04 PM

The Bears are overrated, no wonder he was so pissed.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 17, 2006, 02:30:11 PM

CP24, I think that's what he was getting at with "they are who we thought they were, and we let em off the hook".  Damn. But as I always say

A good team can play like s*** and still find a win.  A s****y team can play their best and still find a way to lose.  The Bears are a good team.  The Cards are s***. 

Denny Green's gonna lose his job. 

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 17, 2006, 02:34:35 PM

Cardinals | Rowen demoted; Kruczek promoted to offensive coordinator
Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:18:41 -0700

Mike Jurecki, of XTRA 910 Sports Radio in Phoenix, reports the Arizona Cardinals have demoted offensive coordinator Keith Rowen to an undisclosed position. Quarterbacks coach Mike Kruczek has been promoted to the position and will handle the play-calling duties heading into Week 7.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 17, 2006, 02:42:59 PM

Cardinals | Rowen demoted; Kruczek promoted to offensive coordinator
Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:18:41 -0700

Mike Jurecki, of XTRA 910 Sports Radio in Phoenix, reports the Arizona Cardinals have demoted offensive coordinator Keith Rowen to an undisclosed position. Quarterbacks coach Mike Kruczek has been promoted to the position and will handle the play-calling duties heading into Week 7.

I have a feeling that there are more things to come...

If Rackers would only have hit that FG, a lot of this stuff would not be happening.  As said by Captain Obvious.

Good job Rackers.  You should be racked!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 17, 2006, 02:57:20 PM

No, Green is right, the bears win was BS. Even the announcers at the end of the agreed that the Bears did not deserve to win that game.

There is a difference between a good team making a 20 point comeback, and a team that was given a 20 point comeback. The Bears were given that win. Like I said, had the Bears been playing any of the other 30 teams in the league last night and committed the same mistakes, they would have lost by 30 or more points.

I know lots of you guys on here like the Bears because of Lovie. But I call it like I see it. Grossman is overrated. High school QBs play better than he did. Their offense looks overrated. And their defense is not impossible to crack. Look how Leinart drove the ball down to the Bears 20 in the final minutes of the game. Do great defenses allow that to happen? HELL NO! Would the Bears defense of 1985 allow that? Hell no! This team is not even close to Ditka's Bears. That's the reality.

So no, the Bears do not deserve to be crowned. They looked overrated, exposed, and certainly not a team that deserves to be 6-0.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dennis Green EXPLODES in his post game press conference! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools