Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dennis Green EXPLODES in his post game press conference! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

buckit

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 17, 2006, 03:06:13 PM

No, Green is right, the bears win was BS. Even the announcers at the end of the agreed that the Bears did not deserve to win that game.

There is a difference between a good team making a 20 point comeback, and a team that was given a 20 point comeback. The Bears were given that win. Like I said, had the Bears been playing any of the other 30 teams in the league last night and committed the same mistakes, they would have lost by 30 or more points.

I know lots of you guys on here like the Bears because of Lovie. But I call it like I see it. Grossman is overrated. High school QBs play better than he did. Their offense looks overrated. And their defense is not impossible to crack. Look how Leinart drove the ball down to the Bears 20 in the final minutes of the game. Do great defenses allow that to happen? HELL NO! Would the Bears defense of 1985 allow that? Hell no! This team is not even close to Ditka's Bears. That's the reality.

So no, the Bears do not deserve to be crowned. They looked overrated, exposed, and certainly not a team that deserves to be 6-0.

If you can judge Grossman's talent by one game, than I reserve the right to judge him on the 4 prior games.  If we're going to be so shortsighted, how bout Grossman is the best QB in the NFL.  * They should retire his jersey now and start constructing his bust for the HOF!

I don't particulary like the Bears.  I don't particulary give a damn about Lovie Smith.  I respect both though, and know a good team when I see one.  The Bears are a good team that played poorly.  It happens.  Even the mighty mighty Colts almost lost to Tennessee.  The year the Patriots won the Superbowl, they were manhandled by the lowley Dolphins.  It happens.  Get over it.

*Yes, I know he isn't the best in the NFL.  I'm just making a point about how ridiculous it is to judge someone on one game.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 17, 2006, 03:23:55 PM

Denny Green 10-16-06

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 17, 2006, 03:26:38 PM

I've been judging Grossman's talent since he was at Florida! He hasn't changed one bit! He is decent when his team is leading, but when they are trailing he has this urge that he has to win the game in one big long pass. He's been that way for YEARS! And he isn't going to change.
He got behind 20 points in this game and look what happened! He threw 4 interceptions and fumbled twice. He's not a rookie anymore. He's been in this league for 4 years. A 4 year NFL QB does not make 6 turnovers in a game and then the next day be carried by the media as a hero. That is BS!

Watch the next game that the Bears are trailing. You will see Grossman operate with the same MO.

Also remember that the Bears were before this game, 0-14 when trailing at the start of the 4th quarter. They are not a 4th quarter team. And if you are not a 4th quarter team, you will go nowhere in the playoffs.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 17, 2006, 03:36:22 PM

If you can judge Grossman's talent by one game, than I reserve the right to judge him on the 4 prior games. If we're going to be so shortsighted, how bout Grossman is the best QB in the NFL. * They should retire his jersey now and start constructing his bust for the HOF!

I don't particulary like the Bears. I don't particulary give a damn about Lovie Smith. I respect both though, and know a good team when I see one. The Bears are a good team that played poorly. It happens. Even the mighty mighty Colts almost lost to Tennessee. The year the Patriots won the Superbowl, they were manhandled by the lowley Dolphins. It happens. Get over it.

*Yes, I know he isn't the best in the NFL. I'm just making a point about how ridiculous it is to judge someone on one game.

While I don't think you can judge a QB after one game, you can judge him based on the teams he's palyed and how he handles the pressure of being behind. I think Grossman is overrated and takes too many risks that will lead to problems. While that offensive line was offensive, he held the ball too long and forced the issue.

gonzalez

Rookie

#19 : October 17, 2006, 10:13:38 PM

hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah " but they are who we thought they were"hahaahhahhahahaahahhahahahahahah

TBayJJ

Second String

#20 : October 17, 2006, 11:07:17 PM

I saw that, that was so funny, but he has every reason to be mad. How do you blow that game? Bad.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dennis Green EXPLODES in his post game press conference! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools