Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joe Staley – OT – Central Michigan « previous next »
Page: 1

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
: February 19, 2007, 08:08:54 PM

Doug Free, who could probably be had in the 3rd round,  is another LT prospect with potential to become a starter down the road.  Many early mock drafts had him as a late first rounder but he played hurt most of last year and struggled.  Has size at 6'7", 300 lbs and good athleticism.  Like Staley he needs to bulk up.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 19, 2007, 05:59:15 PM

Really not interested in giving our OL coaches a project in the 2nd round. This all sounds like the Colledge hype from last year.

What's wrong with Colledge?  He had a very good rookie year with GB playing Guard, and filled in at LOT when Clifton was injured.  I would have been very happy if the Bucs had traded down and picked him in the last draft.  Staley is a similar player; just less polished and more athletic.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 19, 2007, 02:32:29 PM

Joe staley could be a end of 2nd round pick for us but could he be a starter in the NFL

http://www.football.com/cgi-bin/posters/printPost.cgi?category=draftnotes&at=draft1.shtml

CMU has had a good recent history with putting offensive linemen in the pros. Staley has played himself into the 1st day. At 6’7, 305, he has excellent size and those close to the CMU program say he has been timed under 4.7 in the forty. Whether or not he’s actually that fast, it’s clear from watching him that he’s a fabulous athlete. Look for him to continue to move up.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 19, 2007, 02:37:09 PM

I don't think he'll last until the 2nd, but if is still there at our 2A and we didn't get Thomas in the first, I'd love the pick.  He has true LOT starter potential; he just needs a year of pro weight training IMO.

#4 : February 19, 2007, 02:40:22 PM

Yeah, if he's there at 2a, it's a choice between him and DE IMO, depending on how FA and the 1st pick turn out.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 19, 2007, 02:44:44 PM

He's at best gonna make 2a for us and frankly since OAK, CLE and DET need OT help he's gonna have to get by all those teams to get to us at 2a.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 19, 2007, 02:45:53 PM

If hes there and we went for CJ.. Take him at 35..
This kid will be good.. He needs to bulk up a little when he hits 310-320 he could be a beast. He is an amazing pass blocking OT, if he played in the ACC/SEC/Big Ten he probably would be in the 1st round. He said he plans to run a 4.7 40 at this years combine. Impressive for a tackle if you ask me, he played some TE hes freshman year.. I want him if we cannot get a FA pickup..
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ot/joestaley.html

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 19, 2007, 02:51:30 PM

If hes there and we went for CJ.. Take him at 35..
This kid will be good.. He needs to bulk up a little when he hits 310-320 he could be a beast. He is an amazing pass blocking OT, if he played in the ACC/SEC/Big Ten he probably would be in the 1st round. He said he plans to run a 4.7 40 at this years combine. Impressive for a tackle if you ask me, he played some TE hes freshman year.. I want him if we cannot get a FA pickup..
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ot/joestaley.html

Thing is when he goes and pulls out that 4.7 and shows well at the combine he's gonna float up on us and move out of range. Pass blockers and pass rushers are reliable guys to rise in the draft.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 19, 2007, 02:52:33 PM

now he [imo] could be an upgrade over Davis after a year of "bulking" up and getting some limited reps during the season.  Then I think it gives us the option next year to talk about moving Davis over to G if Buenning never gets back on track after having a great rookie season.  I agree 2a would be nice - even more of a reason to go Defense with that 1st pick [all pending Thomas is gone of course].

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 19, 2007, 02:58:08 PM

On Rotoworld it says that philly could be cutting/trading William Tra Thomas.
I hope TB picks him up

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 19, 2007, 03:00:23 PM

I hope TB picks him up

....meaning what? Philly is targeting Staley in rd.1?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 19, 2007, 03:02:24 PM

I hope TB picks him up

....meaning what? Philly is targeting Staley in rd.1?
No,im just saying Thomas is an upgrade over Davis. I want Tra Thomas.. Philly already has Winston Justice already

Shag

Pro Bowler

#12 : February 19, 2007, 03:03:27 PM

Really not interested in giving our OL coaches a project in the 2nd round. This all sounds like the Colledge hype from last year.

#13 : February 19, 2007, 03:26:20 PM

He's at best gonna make 2a for us and frankly since OAK, CLE and DET need OT help he's gonna have to get by all those teams to get to us at 2a.

Don't forget Arizona.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 19, 2007, 03:38:35 PM

I thought he looked pretty lousy in the Senior Bowl. If the Bucs don't get Thomas, I'd advocate staying away from any other potential left tackles and hope to get Sam Baker, Jake Long, or whoever else looks good for next year. There seems to be a lot of talent on the defensive line and some interesting second tier linebackers.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joe Staley – OT – Central Michigan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools