Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Eyeing OL « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 17, 2006, 01:33:34 PM

Not as crazy if the Bucs are looking to add Leonard Davis, which might mean AD moves to OG?

Leonard Davis also has some history at the G position....Davis & Davis on the left side would be some serious beef to contend with.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#16 : October 17, 2006, 01:36:17 PM

I hope that we make a prudent move if we make any. I don't want us to overpay for somebody too badly here. I haven't watched Davis play that much as a Cardinal, so I can't say whether I think he is good or bad. I know that Leinart had pretty good protection for most of the night last night so that is a plus. If we think he is the guy that's fine then go get him but if we can't just rent a guy for one year here. We need somebody long term. If he is that guy then fine, do the deal. Same with Clements.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 17, 2006, 02:00:22 PM

Leonard Davis also has some history at the G position....Davis & Davis on the left side would be some serious beef to contend with.

I was thinking this...  AD on the outside and Leonard at LG.  That would be some serious beef and also help out the C tremendously, IMO.  However Leonard Davis is in the last year of his contract, and has a HUGE salary this year ($9MM), so he would have to do some serious restructuring.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 17, 2006, 02:32:24 PM

I was thinking this... AD on the outside and Leonard at LG. That would be some serious beef and also help out the C tremendously, IMO. However Leonard Davis is in the last year of his contract, and has a HUGE salary this year ($9MM), so he would have to do some serious restructuring.

I expect that he'd come with a new deal if the Bucs were to trade for him.  They might still have to do some restructuring, but I expect he'd wind up with rather more signing bonus than salary for this year at least.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#19 : October 17, 2006, 02:33:59 PM

Buccaneers | Could be active as trade deadline approaches
Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:29:03 -0700

Buccaneers.com reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Jon Gruden admitted the club has targeted a few players that they'd like to acquire before the NFL trading deadline Tuesday, Oct. 17 at 4 p.m. EST. "We're always going to be in a position to make deals, I hope, if we feel like a deal can help our team," said Gruden. "And we are looking into some specific players in the league – not everybody, but we are targeting specific players and the opportunity, of acquiring them. I am not going to speculate on defensive players, offensive players, or future draft picks. There are specific guys that we would like to have – that's all I'll say."

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#20 : October 17, 2006, 02:35:18 PM

Truthfully, I'm thinking AD would move inside. LD went up against the same Bears DL that abused Ad like a turnstile last year, and did more than hold his own. LD is an upgrade at LT.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 17, 2006, 02:37:38 PM

Truthfully, I'm thinking AD would move inside. LD went up against the same Bears DL that abused Ad like a turnstile last year, and did more than hold his own. LD is an upgrade at LT.

I don't know.  With Muir as our oline coach, we'd probably put LD at left tackle and leave Mahan at guard.  :p

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 17, 2006, 02:52:47 PM

I don't know. With Muir as our oline coach, we'd probably put LD at left tackle and leave Mahan at guard. :p

This would be funny if it weren't so true  [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Eyeing OL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools