Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just heard the Lamar Thomas sound byte « previous next »
Page: 1

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

: October 17, 2006, 11:58:17 AM

What a loser. Sorry he ever wore a Buccaneer uniform. Comcast did the right thing by firing his thug azz. His commentary during the Miami U and FL Internation brawl was unacceptable.

Found this tid bit on BucPower.com...what a thug loser:
Former Miami Hurricane who lived up to the image of that college at the time by being arrested for beating up his pregnant fiancee. Was released by the Bucs shortly afterwards in a move described as being unrelated, but everyone knew it was. Wound up playing another couple of seasons for Jimmy Johnson in Miami - says it all really. Never played to his third round potential and was overshone by his college team-mate and fellow 1993 draft pick, Horace Copeland.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 17, 2006, 12:20:57 PM

Link?? 
I still haven't heard it

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

#2 : October 17, 2006, 12:23:37 PM

Just another example of the "thug mentality".

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#3 : October 17, 2006, 12:23:43 PM

Link?? 
I still haven't heard it
I just heard ot on NFL Network.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 17, 2006, 12:33:58 PM

Maybe the old saying is true - "you can take the boy out of the ghetto, but you can never take the ghetto out of the boy"

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 17, 2006, 12:36:35 PM

He was fired! So says the Tampa Trib.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 17, 2006, 01:01:45 PM

Lamar and Silly-o were busy talking about how the fight was a good thing and it's just people picking on them.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 17, 2006, 01:21:28 PM

I heard it yesterday on the Dan Patrick show, the guy is a grade A loser who shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 17, 2006, 01:39:45 PM

Lamar Thomas was the backflip guy, right?

#9 : October 17, 2006, 01:51:31 PM

What did he say?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 17, 2006, 01:59:20 PM

Lamar Thomas was the backflip guy, right?

No. Horace Copeland.

Thomas said:

"Now, that's what I'm talking about," Thomas said as the brawl raged out of control. "You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playing that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You're across the city. You can't come over to our place talking noise like that. You'll get your butt beat. I was about to go down the elevator to get in that thing."

As the fight slowed, Thomas' comments continued.

"I say, why don't they just meet outside in the tunnel after the ball game and get it on some more? You don't come into the OB, baby," Thomas said. "We've had a down couple years but you don't come in here talking smack. Not in our house."

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 17, 2006, 02:05:53 PM

TV Analyst Fired Over Brawl Comments

By TIM REYNOLDS
AP Sports Writer

MIAMI (AP) -- Former Miami player Lamar Thomas lost his TV analyst job Monday over comments he made during a sideline-clearing brawl involving the Hurricanes and Florida International.

Comcast Sports SouthEast, a regional cable network that hired Thomas before the season, also decided to edit out his comments before the game is replayed later this week.

"We were disappointed in the incident that happened on the field and regret the way it was handled in the broadcast booth," CSS general manager Mark Fuhrman said. "We do not support or condone the inappropriate comments made by color analyst Lamar Thomas and have taken the necessary steps to prevent a similar situation from ever occurring again."

Thomas made his comments as dozens of Miami and FIU players stormed the Orange Bowl field and fought during the third quarter of their teams' game Saturday night, an incident that led to the suspension of at least 31 players and forced officials from both schools to publicly apologize for the melee.

"Now, that's what I'm talking about," Thomas said as the brawl raged out of control. "You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playing that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You're across the city. You can't come over to our place talking noise like that. You'll get your butt beat. I was about to go down the elevator to get in that thing."

Miami and Florida International have campuses 9 miles apart in Miami-Dade County. It was the first meeting between the two programs, and the Hurricanes went on to win 35-0.

As the fight slowed, Thomas' comments continued.

"I say, why don't they just meet outside in the tunnel after the ball game and get it on some more? You don't come into the OB, baby," Thomas said. "We've had a down couple years but you don't come in here talking smack. Not in our house."

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just heard the Lamar Thomas sound byte « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools