Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SEEKING CONTRACT, PENN HAS PLAYED OUTSTANDING FOOTBALL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#45 : October 02, 2009, 01:04:49 PM

Penn isn't going anywhere. Why waste your breathe? The deal will get done when the deal has to get done. I seriously doubt if Penn would be playing as hard as he is if he already had a fat contract under his belt.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#46 : October 02, 2009, 01:35:40 PM

Penn isn't going anywhere. Why waste your breathe? The deal will get done when the deal has to get done. I seriously doubt if Penn would be playing as hard as he is if he already had a fat contract under his belt.

What no benefit of the doubt?  Have we known this guy to be a turd?  He made his noise in OTA's then came into camp and has fullfilled his end of the bargain.  What has he done to give the impression that he's not being reasonable throughout all of this?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#47 : October 02, 2009, 02:53:20 PM

What no benefit of the doubt?  Have we known this guy to be a turd?  He made his noise in OTA's then came into camp and has fullfilled his end of the bargain.  What has he done to give the impression that he's not being reasonable throughout all of this?

Penn's been great but the fact of the matter is that Penn WILL have a huge payday coming sooner or later and until 2011 (barring a new CBA) the Bucs hold all the chips as to when that will occur. Deep down the Bucs know its gonna happen and Penn knows its gonna happen. The team is just protecting its risk right now in case he gets injured. If I were about to invest $50-60 million with $15-25 in guarantees, I would do the same. It's just being smart with your money. I still have stinging memories of the Marcus Jones contract debacle.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SEEKING CONTRACT, PENN HAS PLAYED OUTSTANDING FOOTBALL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools