Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib and Sabby? « previous next »
Page: 1

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

: October 01, 2009, 02:38:32 PM

These are two guys that have had an interesting season so far. what do you guys think of them?

Sibby: His first game was absolutely horrible, but he has seemed to shake it off and put it behind him. He's really starting to be the play maker we need to bad in our secondary. His fumble recovery against the bills was a great heads up play, and his INT was a gimme, but nice job giving it to Ruud to pick up more yards. He hasn't given up the big play, and his tackling has improved. He stop ed brandon Jacobs on 3rd and goal, pretty much giving us our chance to win that game. He plays with a lot of passion, and i love his height and athleticness in the secondary. I think he's improving, and i like what I see.

Talib: Yes he messed up too a few times in the first game. And gave up bad touchdowns to moss and Owens against the giants and bills, but he was there step for step and just didn't make the play. Same thing with his near-pick against the giants on the first drive of the giants game, he was there, but just didn't make the play. I think Talib has been playing well given his huge responsibility, hes had to man up against Roy Williams, T.O and up and coming Steve smith week after week with little to no pass rush. Hes going to be a great corner, and i think this season will teach him alto. He also plays with a lot of fire, and sometimes seems to be like the only person out there who gives a heck, besides Sabby.

overall I'm liking what we are getting out of these two guys, hopefully tarnard can come back and make some sort of impact.

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 01, 2009, 02:48:31 PM

I just hope Ruud shows up too. We got a good core with Ruud, Talib, Sabby Tanard, Geno, Black and Miller. 7/11 guys I think can definitely get it done just need more time. Im not sold on Mack Gaines Dre and Kyle Moore (havent seen them play yet). I think if we find the right playcallers (NOT BATES) and the right scheme we can turn our defense around. What we survived off of in 08 was the defense's BIG PLAY ability. The splash plays and the turnovers were HUGE in the games we played. I felt like we almost always capitalized on the big plays off the D. But we need to regain that spark and hopefully it will come back to us.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#2 : October 01, 2009, 03:04:10 PM

They will all play better when we have PASS RUSH!! That is they key to secondary play

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 01, 2009, 03:08:21 PM

Talib is probably one of the best tacklers on the team, sadly.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#4 : October 01, 2009, 04:22:55 PM

Talib has been playing really well the last 2 weeks. He covered T.O about as good as you can expect a CB to do.  Against the giants he play great coverage and was there as soon as the ball showed up. Heis only about a half of a step away from making huge plays, which is better than we can say for the rest of the team. I think he will have a pick and a forced fumble against Washington. Once we cause a few turn obers on D this team will light up. The game speed changes when our D is excited.

Sabby has played belowe my expectations. His tackling has bee sub-par, and his coverage has been questionable. But his fire is non stop, he never gives up..never quits!  I think he needs to focus on making the big hits and establishing himself as a feared safety ( like Lynch ) Recievers feared going out on routed that took them into Lynch territory and that caused busted routes and dropped balls. Sabby needs to let the Bull out!!!!!!!!

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 01, 2009, 08:21:58 PM

I really like how Sabby bounced back against Buffalo after his horror-show against the Cowboys. The guy has a lot of raw talent, no doubt, he just needs to play to get more experience. He's still developing as a player at this level but I'm confident he could turn into a stud in a year or two.

I'd definitely say the same for Talib. I know its not saying much but he's been our best DB so far this season. He's given up a few big plays, but bear in mind that a lot of the time Talib is asked to cover the no.1 receiver, and with the pass rush that we currently have, that's no easy task, let alone for a guy that is only in his second season and first as a full time starter. Lets not forget that he had 4 picks as a rookie and hardly gave up any plays at all last year. I really hope Talib can cut out all the cr@p off the field because I really believe he could turn into the next Nnamdi Asomugha. Not saying that he will, but he has the talent to become a premier CB in this league.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#6 : October 01, 2009, 08:22:46 PM

Talib has been playing really well the last 2 weeks. He covered T.O about as good as you can expect a CB to do. Against the giants he play great coverage and was there as soon as the ball showed up. Heis only about a half of a step away from making huge plays, which is better than we can say for the rest of the team. I think he will have a pick and a forced fumble against Washington. Once we cause a few turn obers on D this team will light up. The game speed changes when our D is excited.

Sabby has played belowe my expectations. His tackling has bee sub-par, and his coverage has been questionable. But his fire is non stop, he never gives up..never quits! I think he needs to focus on making the big hits and establishing himself as a feared safety ( like Lynch ) Recievers feared going out on routed that took them into Lynch territory and that caused busted routes and dropped balls. Sabby needs to let the Bull out!!!!!!!!

i just cant see sabby as a big hitter, big hitters have that attitude about them, like they want to lay someone out. Sabby plays with fire, but hes more intent on taking the ball away. which there is nothing wrong with.

Troy and Ed Reed are considered by many to be the top safties in the nfl, they can both lay the wood, but are always looking for turnovers

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#7 : October 01, 2009, 08:25:23 PM

I really like how Sabby bounced back against Buffalo after his horror-show against the Cowboys. The guy has a lot of raw talent, no doubt, he just needs to play to get more experience. He's still developing as a player at this level but I'm confident he could turn into a stud in a year or two.

I'd definitely say the same for Talib. I know its not saying much but he's been our best DB so far this season. He's given up a few big plays, but bear in mind that a lot of the time Talib is asked to cover the no.1 receiver, and with the pass rush that we currently have, that's no easy task, let alone for a guy that is only in his second season and first as a full time starter. Lets not forget that he had 4 picks as a rookie and hardly gave up any plays at all last year. I really hope Talib can cut out all the cr@p off the field because I really believe he could turn into the next Nnamdi Asomugha. Not saying that he will, but he has the talent to become a premier CB in this league.

Ndani actully had a horrible rookie year, and was considered the worst raiders first rounder a when he hit the nfl, i actully read that not too long ago.

Talib has attitude probelms for sure, but he wants to win, and i will take the good with the bad.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 01, 2009, 08:27:27 PM

The good news is the defense definitely has the ABILITY to step up they're play.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

stonecoldbucsfan

Rookie

#9 : October 02, 2009, 02:22:12 AM

Talib is the best player on this team,on offense or defense!!! On the field.

PickSiXBuCC

Starter

#10 : October 02, 2009, 03:05:35 AM

sabby didnt play that well at buff...he should of been over the top on a couple of plays...his stats made him look good

lec05010

Second String

#11 : October 02, 2009, 08:24:59 AM

I absolutely love Talib, i think he is going to be a stud, and sabby has picked it up.  Other than that first game i honestly cant complain too much about our secondary.  Once T-Jack comes back i feel our secondary will be a strength,  but our pass rush is not there at all.  We should be dialing up more blitzes in my opinion.  Theres a decent amount of teams that dont get a good rish with there front 4 but bring backers to help out.  and i think we can do this putting the pressure on our secondary.  I understand this burned them with dallas but most of it was miscues and i think our db's can handle it

young prodigy

Rookie

#12 : October 02, 2009, 03:31:40 PM

Sabby made some good plays v.s. buff but he's still missing alot of tackles and overpursues to much... also he nutted up on tacking jacobs couple times reaching trying to arm tackle instead of putting his pads down and maning up...last week but he is getting better and i like his improvment from week 1

Talib gotten burned 3-4 times this year for TD's but dudes the best thing we got smokin at CB and hes doing the best with that weak a** pass rush we have...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 02, 2009, 03:44:19 PM

Talib is an engima to me because I know he can play better than what he has showcased thus far.  Sabby has shown improvement and with Allen back there it shows he is more comfortable.  With Tanard's return I expect some splash plays from both safties.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#14 : October 02, 2009, 06:47:22 PM

They will all play better when we have PASS RUSH!! That is they key to secondary play

This.

Right now we're not sniffing the QB, even on passing downs, with the front four.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib and Sabby? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools