Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Betting on the bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2

wildyungbucz

Rookie

: October 02, 2009, 10:13:28 PM

So bros, give me some advise.  I want to turn some extra cash into big bucks so I have enough money to trick out my truck.  There are kids at school who are always betting and betting big dude.  I want to bet on my favorite team the Bucs because I am a true fan.  This guy on the radio, I am not sure of his name, the Big Dude I think, seems to know his stuff, but he is always bashing the Bucs so he's probably an idiot.  What do you guys think?  I need some solid advise from people I trust.   

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 02, 2009, 10:15:38 PM

Check with Uncle Kenny.

GoBucs40Bulls8

Starter

#2 : October 02, 2009, 10:25:34 PM

use spell check... advice not advise.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 02, 2009, 10:38:08 PM

I'd wait and see how the Bucs do this week with a new QB before betting money on them. Based on how they've BEEN playing, I wouldn't... but never under estimate what a QB change can do for a team. besides, I have a lot of faith in Josh Johnson... so, I'd wait and see how he does this week... and if he does well and the Bucs win... then maybe it wouldn't be such a stupid idea to bet on the Bucs. Although, the Redskins aren't a good team... so you might not want to use this game as a determination. Maybe waiting until after the next TWO games would be wise.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 02, 2009, 11:06:22 PM

I'd wait and see how the Bucs do this week with a new QB before betting money on them. Based on how they've BEEN playing, I wouldn't... but never under estimate what a QB change can do for a team. besides, I have a lot of faith in Josh Johnson... so, I'd wait and see how he does this week... and if he does well and the Bucs win... then maybe it wouldn't be such a stupid idea to bet on the Bucs. Although, the Redskins aren't a good team... so you might not want to use this game as a determination. Maybe waiting until after the next TWO games would be wise.

You do understand this is one of playlamer's troll accounts right?   I'm not sure why he gets off on making pointless threads like this but it's silly of you to waste your time with a serious response.   

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 02, 2009, 11:15:05 PM

I'd just lay off this game. The Bucs have been big chalks a couple times and haven't come close to covering the spread. They're just too risky to bet on until they show a little spine. I'm all over seeing the Redskins fade away and Zorn getting the axe, but there's about a 50-50 split on them either 1) bowing up for at least this game, or 2) being completely inept. It's tough to tell based upon past performance. There's a fine line between getting value on a bad team when betting, and wasting money on a bad team.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 02, 2009, 11:20:28 PM

You do understand this is one of playlamer's troll accounts right?   I'm not sure why he gets off on making pointless threads like this but it's silly of you to waste your time with a serious response.   

Oops, forgot about that nimrod. He hasn't been around in a few days aye? At least not under his main screen name.

Diehart fisherman

Starter

#7 : October 03, 2009, 09:13:17 AM

Betting on your team is never a good thing in my book. Because your thinking with your heart and not with your head!!!!

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#8 : October 03, 2009, 09:23:31 AM

If you're going to bet on the Bucs this is the week to do it. 7 points are way to many for the Redskins, who are not a good football team. That line is just because of Josh Johnson, so if you are at all confident in him, then I would take the bet.

pancake block

Starter

#9 : October 03, 2009, 09:30:00 AM

if anything id bet the over on our defense no matter how crazy the line is

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 03, 2009, 10:35:48 AM

what are you like 16? take it from a former truck triker.. save your money for buying a house.. you will thank me 10 years from now.

The people in high school you are trying to impress wont even be a thought then.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 03, 2009, 07:49:43 PM

Never bet with your heart.

More importantly, look at how the Bucs lost by 24 pts at home last week, lost by 13 the previous two weeks(only after scoring a garbage time TD to close the gap)

The Bucs are getting what, 6-7 pts?

I mean the Bucs can certainly cover, maybe even WIN, but I think you'd be crazy to bet this game, let alone the Bucs to cover.

The Bucs aren't even competing and the Redskins are home and probably are playing for redemption.  I wouldn't be surprised if we lost by 14 pts.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 03, 2009, 08:39:12 PM

You never, ever, bet on a game your team is involved in.  You have to be rational when it comes to gambling, and it's impossible to be rational when it comes to your own team.

Inittowinit

Rookie

#13 : October 05, 2009, 01:45:19 PM

How'd your bet turn out? 

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 05, 2009, 03:14:42 PM

How'd your bet turn out? 

Why are you asking yourself questions?   Everyone knows all your aliases by now.   Give it up you schizo freak.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Betting on the bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools