Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's Go LIGHTNING!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 29

Stratobuc

Starter
#30 : December 01, 2009, 02:05:32 PM

Hey, let's be grateful Keith Ballard doesn't play for us...

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#31 : December 02, 2009, 05:48:13 AM

Went to the Avs game the other night. Very sparse crowd. Like the Rays, I wonder how the Bolts make any money. I found a cheap ticket on ebay for only $5 to sit about 10 rows from the ice. The action up close was awesome - especially the body checks into the walls.  The game is definitely better to watch up close instead of my usual position up in the rafters. Getting to know the players better -and starting to feel the frustration when the Bolts lose. 

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 02, 2009, 05:49:23 AM

Hey, let's be grateful Keith Ballard doesn't play for us...

Wonder if the team suspended him or better yet, waived him.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 03, 2009, 08:12:08 AM

Lightning looking bad lately.... :-[

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 05, 2009, 06:56:02 PM

Just when I start pulling for them, they go on a losing streak...

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 06, 2009, 07:43:53 AM

At last, a win and a shutout.

Stratobuc

Starter
#36 : December 06, 2009, 01:57:38 PM

Lightning looking bad lately.... :-[

I guess you didn't see last year then. They're a helluva lot better now.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 06, 2009, 04:04:48 PM

My post was after three losses where they were manhandled. 

Stratobuc

Starter
#38 : December 06, 2009, 06:12:29 PM

Those three losses were not manhandlings. They lost to New Jersey on a last second goal after coming back to tie the game in the third period. You should watch some more games.....before you decide how bad they were "handled". I don't know if you've heard of New Jerseys netminder, Martin Brodeur? Perhaps you might check to see where he ranks alltime.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#39 : December 06, 2009, 06:14:26 PM

score doesn't indicate how bad they played - they were lost

Stratobuc

Starter
#40 : December 06, 2009, 06:17:10 PM

One of those other "manhandlings" you referenced was an overtime loss on the road to Dallas. That's not very objective.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 06, 2009, 07:10:37 PM

I may not know much about NHL hockey, but once again, final score doesn't tell the whole story.  Even I can tell when one team skates faster, completes passes, checks harder.  The TB have looked bad for a short stretch until last night. That's all I'm saying.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#42 : December 06, 2009, 07:44:57 PM

Ya it doesnt matter which team plays harder its about who wins in the end. If they play hard at least you can say they did.

Stratobuc

Starter
#43 : December 07, 2009, 07:18:58 PM

I may not know much about NHL hockey, but once again, final score doesn't tell the whole story. Even I can tell when one team skates faster, completes passes, checks harder. The TB have looked bad for a short stretch until last night. That's all I'm saying.

Not really, and certainly not like last year. They are showing improvement. Also, the season is less than half over. Have a little patience - I think it will be rewarded.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 08, 2009, 06:03:53 AM

Head coach benched his starters - he's not happy w/ the team's play either..............

TAMPA — Lightning coach Rick Tocchet did not talk to reporters after Monday night's 3-0 loss to the Capitals at the St. Pete Times Forum. It was said he was in meetings.

But there was no missing his displeasure, especially in the third period when he benched his top two lines.

For the last seven minutes or so, Vinny Lecavalier, Marty St. Louis, Ryan Malone, Jeff Halpern, Steven Stamkos and Alex Tanguay sat.

Associate coach Rick Wilson, who handles the defense, said he could not comment on Tocchet's thinking. But he did offer this when asked if the team got enough from its top players:

"Reflecting, you'd probably say no. We could use a little more. When you play a top team, you have to bring your A game. All the individuals have to bring their A game, and we probably had a few who were a little bit short. You need everybody on board. You can't have any weak links."

The Capitals, the league's top team, didn't have any as they scored three times in the second period and beat Tampa Bay (11-10-8) for the 12th straight game.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hockey/lightning/article1057163.ece

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 29
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's Go LIGHTNING!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools