Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gene Chizik with Auburn « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 17, 2009, 11:34:23 PM

It just shows how good Kentucky is. ;)

Bucstopshere5

Starter
#31 : October 18, 2009, 01:28:42 AM

It just shows how good Kentucky is. ;)

yeah about that...... ;D

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 18, 2009, 01:33:37 AM

Watching Alabama crank-up all that publicity hiring Saban while Chizik sneaks in across town at Auburn has set the stage for a really interesting Iron Bowl this season...

...FWIW, my money is on Auburn this year.

you sure bout that?

yep - the earth is slow, but the ox is patient.

Like I said earlier, Saban's had his program in place for a while, this is the talent he recruited. Right now Saban is coaching someone else's recruits, shouldn't surprise anyone that they have setbacks.

I just think that this year it's a one game season for Chizik...I think all his efforts are focused on one game.

..and it may be just my thought...

Having been raised on the outskirts of this rivalry - it wouldn't shock me to see this. What with Saban's rock-star status and attitude bordering on hubris - I think Chizik wants it more.

but I really don't have a dog in this fight.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 20, 2009, 06:15:43 AM

Watching Alabama crank-up all that publicity hiring Saban while Chizik sneaks in across town at Auburn has set the stage for a really interesting Iron Bowl this season...

...FWIW, my money is on Auburn this year.

you sure bout that?

yep - the earth is slow, but the ox is patient.

Like I said earlier, Saban's had his program in place for a while, this is the talent he recruited. Right now Saban is coaching someone else's recruits, shouldn't surprise anyone that they have setbacks.

I just think that this year it's a one game season for Chizik...I think all his efforts are focused on one game.

..and it may be just my thought...

Having been raised on the outskirts of this rivalry - it wouldn't shock me to see this. What with Saban's rock-star status and attitude bordering on hubris - I think Chizik wants it more.

but I really don't have a dog in this fight.
It wouldn'r shock me to see Auburn pull this one out of their ass., but anyone who thinks that they will win hasn't watched much SEC football this year.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 20, 2009, 09:45:09 PM

Well, that depends on how you define "much" - but as a Buckeye stuck in the south...guilty as charged.

But as a Big Ten fan I bet I've watched more SEC football than any of my other brothers - with the possible exception of Kirk Herbstreit.

and I repeat - I don't really care.

but Aubrun will beat Alabama.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 20, 2009, 10:21:19 PM

Well, that depends on how you define "much" - but as a Buckeye stuck in the south...guilty as charged.

But as a Big Ten fan I bet I've watched more SEC football than any of my other brothers - with the possible exception of Kirk Herbstreit.

Is misspelling the team a real typo or just your way out when Auburn loses to Alabama?

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 20, 2009, 10:55:32 PM

Is misspelling the team a real typo or just your way out when Auburn loses to Alabama?

Hah - no, just fatigue with a really tiring thread.

I've been watching SEC football long enough to know that Pat Dye shouldn't have been able to beat Bear Bryant - ever.

but he did.

Chizik compares to Dye, but Saban is no where near Bear Bryant - and I watched Pat Dye beat Bear Bryant 23-22 in 1982...and he should not have been able to...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gene Chizik with Auburn « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools